Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

bitKlavier by Dan Trueman, Prepared Digital Piano for iPad

Very strange and weird, this isn't going to appeal to many people, no Audiobus, but it will appeal to some and the some it does appeal to will love it, I actually spent about an hour noodling with it after I finished the demo, which is very strange for me, any thoughts on this kind of app would be interesting http://thesoundtestroom.com/bitklavier-by-dan-trueman-prepared-digital-piano-for-ipad/

Comments

• No AudioBus is such a shame. IAA?

This one is a watch closely.

• Yes I think it would be good in Audiobus

• Can it do different tunings and reverse effect at the same time? Actually, maybe I can set this up with Worldscales and some effects, hmmmm......off to play....

• I would have bought this in a heartbeat but with no AB or IAA it's too much trouble. Hopefully they will add.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Very strange and weird, this isn't going to appeal to many people, no Audiobus, but it will appeal to some and the some it does appeal to will love it, I actually spent about an hour noodling with it after I finished the demo, which is very strange for me, any thoughts on this kind of app would be interesting http://thesoundtestroom.com/bitklavier-by-dan-trueman-prepared-digital-piano-for-ipad/

Yes, it is a strange attractor ...
    The piano sound is definitely appealing to me, and for now I'm getting the audio recorded by outside sources. Lots to discover - abstract imagination trigger.

• You can pretty much set up the turnings anyway you like and add the reverse and metronome thing too and then save all that as a new set

• i have this. it really sounds fantastic and i like this sort of thing. But. no AB, IAA, does not background audio:(.

There seems to be no feedback page either to contact the devs about these issues. hope they address these important issues...

• For some reason the sound will not output via-the iConnectAudio4+. Hope they fix that and add AB. This app sounds amazing, otherwise.

• if you have no output on your audio interface, you may try with detaching and re-attaching the device while BitKlavier is open.

• If anyone can find some contact info for this developer, I'd love to have it. I'd like to also contact him to suggest Audiobus and IAA. Not much to go on with regards to his website, and I couldn't find a Twitter account.

• @Phil999 said:
    if you have no output on your audio interface, you may try with detaching and re-attaching the device while BitKlavier is open.

I tried that, no luck :(

• @CalCutta said:
    I tried that, no luck :(

By the way I got it working with my ica4+ no problem. Have you tried restarting the ica4+?

• Has anyone had success in contacting this developer? I was very interested in the Version 1.0 of this app, and was hoping to see it updated, specifically with Audiobus. However, it looks like it's still on V 1.0. No contact info anywhere that I can find.

• On the musician's homepage,
    [email protected]

• @crzycrs said:
    On the musician's homepage,
    [email protected]

Thank you very much! I'll drop him a line. I'd love to see this app stay lively. Doug's demo was wonderful.

• Yes. And thanks for informing @Seangarland (;

• Is anyone still using the app? I see that it hasn't been updated since the launch in October 2015. Is it still functioning? I'll probably buy it if it's still working. Thanks!

• Fantastic! Received an instant response from the developer!

"hello Sean, thanks for your message. Yes, IAA support is nearly complete and it should be released within the month. We may also integrate Audiobus in the coming months as well…

all best,
    dan"

Sold.

• edited February 2016

Sure, it does, (it has midi in, but needs background audio).
    Edit: ^ wow, nice (:

• Great news! could also do with some stability improvements, does crash a bit. AU would be a bonus too. Although I think difficult maybe because of ram restrictions.

• Yes! A very nice piece of software. Dropping he developer a line in hope for Audiobus-support..., now go play...

• Updated with IAA (only, audiobus next time) and background audio.

• @crzycrs said:
    Updated with IAA (only, audiobus next time) and background audio.

Good thing I just bought AUM. B)

If anybody can make IAA easier to use, it would be Kymatica-man.

• @GovernorSilver said:

@crzycrs said:
    Updated with IAA (only, audiobus next time) and background audio.

Good thing I just bought AUM. B)

If anybody can make IAA easier to use, it would be Kymatica-man.

Unfortunately I could not get the AUM keyboard to trigger BitKlavier. Shame 'cause I think BitKlavier sounds fantastic.

• @CalCutta select 'MidiMonitor Destination' for aum keyboard.

• @crzycrs said:
    @CalCutta select 'MidiMonitor Destination' for aum keyboard.

That worked, thanks! Not sure why I didn't try it earlier.

• Thanks for the heads up on this update, I would have bought it when it came out but I'm too lazy to run cables into my audio interface.

• @CalCutta, I think because our man j_lilla talked about iaa generator vs. Instrument (midi accepting) earlier and when bitklavier (instr.) is loaded, there are two midi ports, 'bitklavier/midimonitor'. Cheers (;