Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Latest App Sales, Sunday 11th October 2015

Comments

• Darn. Starting to look forward to these posts...

• Picked up Laplace today - great little synth and fantastic value. Sounds good played along with one of the devs other apps - Lorenz, though background audio doesn't seem to be working in Laplace. Still worth getting though as it has a unique sound - bargain!

• edited October 2015

Hmm, background audio works for me with both Lorentz and Laplace. What device / os?

@monzo said:
    Picked up Laplace today - great little synth and fantastic value. Sounds good played along with one of the devs other apps - Lorenz, though background audio doesn't seem to be working in Laplace. Still worth getting though as it has a unique sound - bargain!

• @AudioGus said:
    Hmm, background audio works for me with both Lorentz and Laplace. What device / os?

Air2 8.3 - I enabled it in the settings, and have even rebooted but still not working, though Lorentz is fine. Maybe another reboot will fix it. Lovely synth though, I'll get a lot of use from this one.

• I quite like it too. 8). Hmmm , I am running an air1 with 8.4

@monzo said:

• Did another reboot - keeps working if loaded into AB channel, but otherwise background audio not working.

• I know it's not much help, but just to let you know, Laplace works in background via midi in iOS 9.02.

• DLed Beep Boop to play with - anybody else experience no immediate sound when tapping keys?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I know it's not much help, but just to let you know, Laplace works in background via midi in iOS 9.02.
    @AudioGus said:
    I quite like it too. 8). Hmmm , I am running an air1 with 8.4

Thanks guys, must be an 8.3 glitch, or maybe it'll pick up after a few reboots. Not a big issue if I'm using AB though.

• Just checked Laplace a few reboots later, and background audio is now working. Strange, but pleased it's sorted itself out. Think it;s still on sale, and would recommend this synth to anyone who hasn't got it yet.

• @monzo said:
    Just checked Laplace a few reboots later, and background audio is now working. Strange, but pleased it's sorted itself out. Think it;s still on sale, and would recommend this synth to anyone who hasn't got it yet.

Just noticed this one was on sale and watched the App Store promo vid for it and thought it had a nice little step sequencer, for $3.99 how could you go wrong?

Then I looked up, saw the "Open" button and realized I already have it! facepalm

• edited October 2015

@eustressor said:
    Then I looked up, saw the "Open" button and realized I already have it!

Have you got Lorentz, one of their other synths? I'd recommend that too - probably one of my most used synths, and even easier to tweak live than Laplace. Fast becoming my favourite dev.

• @monzo - I'll look it up, thanks for the pointer!

• @eustressor said:
    monzo - I'll look it up, thanks for the pointer!

I'm a bit of an old Gong/Hillage/Tim Blake fan, and Lorentz is the best synth on my iPad for quickly getting a spacey, tinkly vibe going - the excellent delay filter helps with this. Love it.

• As regards VoiceJam: Vocal Looper (from Helicon), I see this was last updated July 2014, is there much happening here different/better to their other apps?

• @eustressor said:

Facepalm!

I spit my drink cause I laughed so hard when I read your comment! Just glad I was outside on the terrace.

• @TozBourne said:
    I spit my drink cause I laughed so hard when I read your comment! Just glad I was outside on the terrace.

Wish I could say that's the first time that's happened to me :)

• All you guys with terraces, proper posh...

• edited October 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    All you guys with terraces, proper posh...

I almost called my balcony a lanai, but thought terrace sounded better for this crowd.

Hey Mr. JGY -- when's tea time?

• edited October 2015

@TozBourne said:
    I almost called my balcony a lanai, but thought terrace sounded better for this crowd.

Hey Mr. JGY -- when's tea time?

Avoiding the world here between ACL weekend madness and while on lonely-guy duty with the Missus away for a week at some upscale event in Colorado, but how does towards the end of next look for you? We should really find some funky lunch dive in East Austin to go check out, but a coffee shop on the side of the highway works just as well, especially if you can explain what the new Fugue really does and doesn't do :)

• JamUp Pro, Final Touch, BIAS FX and BIAS Amp all added today
    http://thesoundtestroom.com/app-sales/

• edited October 2015

XOX Drum Deranger (Tabletop IAP) is on sale $0,99 from $4,99 (weekend sale).

• Synthcaster app is now FREE (Australian app store)

• edited October 2015

Do they ever have iap sales in the Bias apps?

• Synthecaster looks interesting, and free...