Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus iOS 9.01 Button Behavior

I've run across an odd behavior with the menu buttons inside of apps running a chain where there is an input app, an effect app, and a recording app. I like to use the Audiobus buttons from inside Audiobus to turn effects off and on. When I try to do so it seems to have no problem switching between apps using the Audiobus menu buttons, but it seems half the time switching the effect off in the input app stops working and I have to switch to the output app to turn the effect app off and vice versa. Running iOS 9.01 on an iPad 2.

Comments

• If you can give me an idea of the apps you've used where this has happened, if I have them, I will try it on my Air2 to see if it's the same.

• @Fruitbat1919 I installed iOS 9.0.2 and the button issue didn't seem an issue with the apps I've tried. On the iPad 2, there is definitely a lag between pushing buttons and getting a response. The buttons in the apps are responsive, just not the Audiobus menu buttons. Even here it seems to be associated with switching apps where I takes a bit to settle down before the buttons respond normally in terms of response time. This might have been what I was seeing with the previous iOS update but this one does seem a bit more responsive.