Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus and Alchemy now not playing together :(

It appears the recent Audiobus upgrade has broken the beloved Alchemy, which no longer appears as an app in the list... :(
However it CAN still work IF you already have a preset with Alchemy in it, and you launch Alchemy within Audiobus (and of course it just sits on 'Launching...'), THEN go to Alchemy app and run it. NOW it appears back in Audiobus and works correctly.

Was this a deliberate move by Audiobus as Alchemy is now so old, or is it indeed just a bug, seeing as I can achieve this workaround??

Comments

• I just tried it and it was fine under 2.1.8. Which rev of AudioBus are you using?

• At least it still works within Audioshare.

• Well it WAS broken - wasn't working at all earlier and just now Audiobus sees it? Wtf? Definitely was not appearing in the list and I had to do the workaround I mentioned. Not just me either - others in the Alchemy group on FB were experiencing the exact same problem.

• We just fixed it. :)

• @Sebastian Now that's fast work!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    At least it still works within Audioshare.

This is more than just solace.

More and more, I find keeping a DAW running on my iPad to be taunting the memory gods. It may be different with an Air 2, but this little Air 1 bums out with too much open.

More and more, I rely on the stability of midibus to provide a solid enough clock to record stems into audioshare individually, for use in auria or cubasis ~later~.

A choppy workflow of course. But at least audioshare is a workhorse.

• @johnfromberkeley

That choppy workflow is basically what I use now. I suppose though my needs have changed. When I used to have a home studio, I worked very much how most people do now, everything into one DAW. That was when I made tracks.

Now I only jam, so my iPad is more an instrument. I use whatever tool I need to make loops to play while jamming. I eventually want to have more iPads and controllers. All to use as live instruments.

• @Sebastian said:
    We just fixed it. :)

And I also must say a huge THANK-YOU for that! You rock!!

• Black Magic.............................................