Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best 303 emulation that works with both ios8 and audiobus?

Hi I am looking for the best TB303 clone that works on Audiobus and with Ios8 support. I love Rebirth- but no show on Audiobus with ios8. I like Technibox2- but no Audiobus. Bassline sounds nothing like a TB303 to me- nor does the 303 in Caustic- and the Chicago tube thing in Gadget even less so. XOX box is not available in the UK store.
What is your opinion on the best option.
Thanks.

Comments

• Rebirth works with Audiobus on iOS8

• For some reason then my Rebirth does not show up as an input option for Audiobus?

• Pardon my ignorance here- I am relatively new to iPad music- having recently left the old fashioned world of hardware. I still can't get my head around buying two drum machines for LESS than the price of postage- never mind the actual cost of a hardware one! I can't quite believe it when I see people complain about the cost of some apps- but then give me some time and I'll probably be right on there.
    Anyway- I have Rebirth installed. I have Audiobus installed. I press input on the Audibus- the list duly appears- but Audiobus is not present? I have deleted and reinstalled both of them- but still it will not appear.

I notice on the Audiobus compatible apps list that rebirth has a 'no ios8 support' tag on it- what does this actually mean? I am guessing- given my current problem that it cannot be used with ios8-but then gsm99 says that it does.
    What is going on?
    Thanks

• bassline is dope but not as 303 ish as rebirth. I think rhythm studio has a good 303, still of course missing that certain magic something that all 303 emus lack

• Chicago in gadget ?

• @robosardine, you are correct, rebirth with audiobus is broken in ios8 . I've been at work and just checked on my iPad at home. Sorry.

• edited September 2015

Rebirth and Technobox are the closest I've heard. The others are good but not "303 enough" as others have also said.

PS - I was just looking through some other apps. Check out RD4 Groovebox. The "bassline" isn't bad and it works in AB on iOS 9.0.1.

• @gsm909 said:
    robosardine, you are correct, rebirth with audiobus is broken in ios8 . I've been at work and just checked on my iPad at home. Sorry.

That's fine- I'm just glad I'm not losing my marbles here. Bassline and Chicago don't cut it soundwisecfor me. Technobox is great....... But no Audiobus. So I would second anickt With that one- though theRD4 doesn't really get me going either to be honest.
    Is there anything else? ........ I could even cope without automation :)

• The problem is Rebirth nailed it, Technobox is a close second and nobody else quite gets that sound. If Rebirth or TB were brought up to date it would be great.

• edited September 2015

@anickt said:
    The problem is Rebirth nailed it, Technobox is a close second and nobody else quite gets that sound. If Rebirth or TB were brought up to date it would be great.

True this. In the interim I've used Rhythm Studio and Tabletop's TT-303 to good effect. (OP asked for AB compatible, so Tabletops not in the running) Alexander Smiths 1111 app is another attempt, I tried it but didn't get anywhere with I personally.

• Rebirth does show up in AudioShare on iOS 9.01 which you can use as an AB input. Maybe it will work in iOS 8?

• edited September 2015

OT but Volca bass.

... Also is audiobus compatible

• edited September 2015

What about Audiorealisms BL2, didn't they make an iOS version?

Ans: Yes and that name is Technobox 2 as posted above. :) What about one of the modular apps?

• Rebirth is fully functional on iOS 8. It is true, it does not appear in the input list inside audiobus, but it will if you open rebirth first.. And works with IAA too

• edited September 2015

I used rebirth a lot as IAA generator in cubasis or auria on IOS 8.You could try this if you have an IAA host (the cheapest one is probably audioshare,highly recommended anyway).And yes,rebirth is still the best (on ios).On desktop it's the ABL2 imo.Sounds like the real deal and would be just great to have on ios...

@supadom:Volaca Bass is great (i have one) but has nothing to do with a real 303,quite different sound and features.

• @COPSPUSHMONGO said:
    Rebirth is fully functional on iOS 8. It is true, it does not appear in the input list inside audiobus, but it will if you open rebirth first.. And works with IAA too

This does not work for me. I open Rebirth- then Audiobus- but still no sign of it in the input list- anyone else? Do you mean that the icon appears in the input list only after Rebirth has been opened.... but not before?

Is rebirth working with ios8 with anyone else?

• edited September 2015

Yes it works for me. Open ReBirth first then AB.

Ipad4 ios8.4

• @robosardine said: This does not work for me. I open Rebirth- then Audiobus- but still no sign of it in the input list- anyone else? Do you mean that the icon appears in the input list only after Rebirth has been opened.... but not before?

That is very weird.. Yes, that is what i mean. Even if you open audiobus first you can open rebirth standalone and it will be available in the input slot.. once it's opened.. I don't have a clue for your problem dude.. Cheers

Air 1 / iOS 8.4.1

• OK Thanks- I'm starting to think I may have jiggered the thing myself by perhaps swiping away Rebirth in Audiobus while it was still playing or something?
    I am thinking about completely deleting Rebirth and Audiobus from my ipad - including the cache- then reinstalling- do you think this will work?

• edited September 2015

I thought you already did that.. yes that can help, also a hard reset of your iPad can help.. I don't know if those types of actions can mess with the way the apps work, like cut the signal of a channel while is still playing, the same with chains in audiobus.

• I did delete them previously- but not a full delete- when there is no trace at all of the app ever being there at all- even the cloud thingie is gone and there is no trace or record of in app purchases etc. I had just deleted them normally whereupon they can be recalled. Unfortunately when I do this- the same problems return with it. I am hoping that if I completely remove and then re purchase/install that everything will be brand new again. There is a way to do this apparently- but I will have to get my computer repair guy to do it.

• @Crabman said:
    I used rebirth a lot as IAA generator in cubasis or auria on IOS 8.You could try this if you have an IAA host (the cheapest one is probably audioshare,highly recommended anyway).And yes,rebirth is still the best (on ios).On desktop it's the ABL2 imo.Sounds like the real deal and would be just great to have on ios...

supadom:Volaca Bass is great (i have one) but has nothing to do with a real 303,quite different sound and features.

I thought Technobox 2 was the port of ABL2? I haven't compared them so don't know the difference sonically. I was thinking D16 should port their emulation as well as their other silverline effects, wonder why they never have...

• btw- what does the 'no support for ios 8' tag next to Rebirth- and other apps on the Audiobus compatible apps website actually mean? If it plays OK with ios 8 then who is bothering about no support- assuming its installed and working- I wouldn't imagine it's about to break down- or what's the story?

• I vary rarely if at all depend on 303 clone type apps to get that sound , u can use quite a few iOS synths to create the sounds from scratch ..

• @anickt said:
    Rebirth does show up in AudioShare on iOS 9.01 which you can use as an AB input. Maybe it will work in iOS 8?

OK- got the idea eventually- I still have the same problem- but this goes a long way to solving it. Thanks- and it works in 9.0.2

• It plays but > @touchconspiracy said:

I vary rarely if at all depend on 303 clone type apps to get that sound , u can use quite a few iOS synths to create the sounds from scratch ..

Yeah Thor has those nice 18db filters. :)