Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do you guys record non-Audiobus apps?

Any thoughts welcomed

Comments

• Into their built in recorder then AudioCopy or drop box if available. For iMPC I use TableTop then ACP.

• Make sure the app is the only thing producing audio. Use a Behringer UCA222 plugged in to the CCK. Plug the headphone out of the UCA222 into its line in using an adaptor cable. If you want to hear what's being recorded, use a headphone splitter as well. Have your recorder running in record mode in the background. Voila.

• I make sure of correct tempo then background audio DAW, record audio into built in recorder in app, ACP into daw when finished.

• Built in recorder if it's in app,for example Wejaam still doesn't have it;))),then Audioshare,and then i can do what i want

• @gjcyrus Are you talking midi or audio?

• @Zoran speaking of WeJaam 2 months ago the Dev said a month tops, I tweeted him prob 2 weeks ago but don't think I got a response

• If you have an interface with it, better to connect the S/PDIF out to in. Digital all the way, no D/A - A/D degradations. Some Focusrite models liek the 18i6 have both directions.

But whichever you use, be very very careful not to have anything running, even for a moment, that passes incoming audio through to the output. or be prepared to duck your speaker cones and spend lots of money at the ear hospital.

• I still record everything I do on iPad 3 directly out from my Alesis IO Dock to my Presonus Studiolive old school analog style. Haven't used AudioBus yet to be honest LOL but I own it =]

• edited May 2013

Hey thanks everybody for feedback! What apps have built in recorders other than iMPC?

@mgmg - audio. I was planning on doing something similar to what PaulB had recommended, just grabbing a 1/8" to 1/4" adaptir and recording audio in another recorder but thought with all the smart ppl on this board, might learn some new workaround or tips. @dwarman - thanks for your tip as well. I was thinking about picking up Sonoma's interface or thr apogee but will take a look at the focusrite. Is it fairly small? I'd prefer not to be carrying a rackmount with me wherever I go

• @gjcyrus:

Apps: NLogPro, Jam Up Pro, Loopy HD, Animoog, Sunrizer, iPolySix, Magellan, ... - seems pretty common. Usually mentioned in the store summaries too. All designed before Audiobus, natch.

Focusrite: 18i6 - 18 ins, 6 outs, Class II Compliant USB Audio device. half-width (about the same footprint as the Mobile-Pre), will fit on a rackshelf alongside the iConnectMIDI4+ (when that comes out). Fits in my backpack. Supports all the sample rates in Auria, Auria supports all its channels and busses, independently of Audiobus. Read up on it at their website, it is very flexible.

• @dwarman - many thanks for the gear info. I'll check em out! As for apps, I meant NON audiobus compatible ones.

• Ah. Thought you meant Apps that did not require AB to record. Would be a dwindling collection methinks, at the current rate of AB implementation. All the Apps I mentioned added AB later on, some quite recently.

• edited May 2013

I use the Akai EIE. Not pro version it doesn't work with ipad. It records flawlessly and has 4 USB inputs, four audio outs, and 4 audio inserts, 4 mic/guitar ins. It's 16bit.

• Synthtronica, Instant Drummer(s),