Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

a way to bypass the slots

edited December 2012 in Feature Wishlists

i'm missing a function where i can bypass active slots.Maybe a long press on the slot activates the sleep mode (zzZZzz)again?I would like to do this to save cpu power while i recording tracks seperately.

Comments

• edited December 2012

You mean like putting an app to sleep again that's connected to an input slot?

Would you accept to have to restart it again (with the switching back and forth) that would be involved? Because we can't yet start or fully shutdown apps that are in the background.

I'm not saying we're going to do that but it'd be interesting to know what you consider being a good workflow.

• edited December 2012

"You mean like putting an app to sleep again that's connected to an input slot?"

yes,exactly.

"Would you accept to have to restart it again (with the switching back and forth) that would be involved?"

good question.I would say yes.It would be still an option,people can decide by themselves to use it or not.Most apps booting quickly (not like the damm korg apps;-) ) so i wouldnt mind to wait a second if necessary.

• Isn't 'ejecting' an app essentially bypassing it? It's still open in the background and can be inserted back into the slot with two taps.

Or is this something different?

• If you have more than one input, I think eject only affects the app most recently started, so if you had three inputs and wanted to close #1 you would have to eject all three

• edited December 2012

@syr

mmh,good point.guess you are right.the only advantage then would be to have a better/faster overview about apps in the background.But is this worth the coding time?maybe not ;)

• edited December 2012

I'd like the ability to choose to bypass the effects slot per input. Like a 'send' option on the input window maybe. So if you had, say, Sir Sampleton and Microphone in the inputs, Sampleton could run through the effects slot and the mic could bypass effects straight to output.

• We're talking about this right now.

• What Ryan said.