Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

i made a piano drone album with my roommate

he plays 30-second piano pieces (25 to be exact), i load them into samplr and mess with them to make these tracks

https://jimtownsend.bandcamp.com/album/twelve-notations

some tracks have other samples, like vocals or field recordings, but the meat of it is the piano.

it is 29 minutes long in total and won't take up much of your time. i hope you listen to it and enjoy it :)

Comments

• edited September 2015

I find these quite relaxing, bet you enjoyed making them. Hope you don't mind me saying, some parts seem to have some awkward distortion, is your recording clipping?

Thanks for sharing.

• They're lovely, I really like these particularly Moss - just my cup of tea. I'm going to fire up Samplr tonight!

• O my comment seems so harsh now....ok I will blame my hairy ears lol. But thanks again for posting, I love a bit of droning.

• It's nice, but there's too much distortion in parts for my tastes. I can see the 'lo-fi' aesthetic thing going on, but I feel it's too much in that direction (from a production point of view)

• Listened to all of it on my commute. I'll listen to it again too. Well done!

• Nice. The wonders of Smplr. I've not mastered it at all like you seem to have. By the end I was left kinda needing a beat, but that's just me I must be a rhythm junkie ! Great project idea and cool results. Cheers

• The words "piano" and "drones" are catnip to me. I was not disappointed. Nice work from the both of you!
    Thanks for sharing.

• edited September 2015

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    O my comment seems so harsh now....ok I will blame my hairy ears lol. But thanks again for posting, I love a bit of droning.

nah man you're entirely right, i didn't really notice it until now. some of the distortion is intentional (i.e. the last track), but the occasional clipping is not. part of the problem is that it might be ingrained in the piano samples themselves, which i can't really do anything about. i might re-record the tracks, but i am busy with a bunch of other stuff i'm working on too, lol.

• Very cool album.

• Outstanding!!!!!!! I bet you have sold a bunch of copies of Samplr with this!

• Holy guacamole! I love this and you've inspired a new workflow for my music production with this! Can't wait to mangle some melodies in Samplr!

• Very nice!