Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New to midi: Recording note data in garageband while using iGrand Piano/ iLectric/ SampleTank

Fairly new to midi and was wondering if this is possible?

What I would like to do is load up a keyboard app in the input stage of AB and then record the sounds into a DAW in the output stage (currently I am using Garageband).

If I load up an Audio Recorder track in GB I can record the audio no problem, but what I would like to do is capture the actual note data as well so that I can edit it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• I don't think you can do this in GarageBand. There other apps such as Cubasis and BM2 that can do this.

• Thanks for the info Phil. Can anyone else confirm this?

• You would have to play directly into GB to record midi note data. Then you would have to go out via virtual midi to whatever app you wanted to record audio into GB via AB. Problem is, GB does not have virtual midi. So PhilW is right.

• Ok thanks guys, appreciate the replies. Will have a look at Cubasis as it seems like it will do the job.

Any idea if Garageband are likely to implement virtual midi at some point in the future?

• It would surprise me if they did. Still waiting for Apple to allow GB as a input into AB. Never know with Apple though.

• edited May 2013

BM2 will do this as well, I believe. Maybe meteor too? Don't own either.