Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Turnado Doesn't Work?

What am I doing wrong?

I have either TweakyBeat or DM1 in source, Turnado in effects, and Cubasis in output. iPad 3. Empty RAM.

So far I've managed to obtain the following results.

1) There is a cycling random audio effect, as if Turnado is effecting a random input, but nothing coherent. But starting the input source does nothing. It appears to be playing, but nothing of it can be heard.
2) I hear the source, but Turnado does not effect it.
3) Turnado freezes.

I have Turnado switched on in the little audiobus tab.

Any ideas?

Comments

• OK. I got it working, but I don't know how!

Anyone have a step by step?

• Looks like it might be a problem with TweakyBeat?

• Is this only happening with TweakyBeat?

• No, it was happening with DM1 too, but I haven't had time to troubleshoot this any further.

• Next time it happens turn off any of the "green"/looper fx in the eight slots.

• Just used Turnado and Tweakybeat together. Worked absolutely fine.

• From the Turnado manual:

Take note that some effects sample the audio signal and then replace it with the sampled signal. For example if a looper or slice arranger is turned on, or the freeze in Freezeverb is active before audio is played, you will hear nothing.

• The only issue I'm still having is random clipping whenever using the loop player. ipad 4th gen here. It was mentioned in the update as a fix, but it is still unfortunately happening.

Considering the speed of the first fix, I'm sure the devs will iron this out soon.

• Working fine here

• The update was kind of a botch. This is frustrating but let's be patient- something tells me it will be worth it...

• I deleted and reinstalled

• I also deleted and reinstalled to get the presets back.
    It's working fine.

• Keep in mind that it is unlikely to notice clipping unless you wear headphones while using Turnado. Maybe that's why no one else commented on it in the original AB thread?