Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget wish list

edited September 2015 in General App Discussion

What are your top wish list features for Korg Gadget? Our community should make our voice heard and vote up some of the feature request over at the Korg Gadget forum.
https://support.korguser.net/hc/communities/public/topics/200037165-KORG-Gadget-Community

My top requests:

• MIDI out (or IAA Gadgets) - Either per track MIDI out, or a dedicated IAA gadget

• Multitimbral mode: MIDI control of multiple gadgets at same time

• MIDI transport control - especially the record button and the pattern loop button

• MIDI scene trigger

• Ability to trigger specific scenes while in External sync mode

• IAA effects per gadget and Master

• Specific MIDI ports and channels instead of always locked into MIDI omni

Comments

• https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/9190/petition-for-korg-re-gadget/p1

This was pretty heavily covered by this thread and the work done to compile the results and submit to Korg. Not sure where it's up to now though.

• Apologies if its all been written before but here are MY Gripes. They are almost all simply user interface failings.

Everything accessible from the main view should be accessible from the track view. Currently this isn't the case and its a PAIN- such as:

switching gadgets
    settings
    deleting, moving tracks,

it should be easier to pick a different gadget. Currently it requires
    a) being in the main view
    b) clicking on function
    c) clicking on “change gadget”
    d) picking a gadget
    This needs simplifying.

===== EDITING MIDI ================
    All ergonomics connected with editing MIDI need rethinking to minimise the number of “clicks’ needed to get anything done.
    The whole way one uses the FUNCTION button to carry out so many edit functions needs improving.

moving or selecting a group of notes in SELECT mode should be possible by means of “nudge” buttons rather than dragging around which is sometimes clumsy.

“Auditioning” notes : currently one only hears a note when it is moved or created. It would be useful - as in other apps like Ableton to be able to simply touch a note and hear the pitch.

Lengthening a note is awkward in Draw mode. Having to go into select mode jut to lengthen a note is a pain

When in SELECT mode it should be possible to quickly enter a single new note and move it where needed - and continue in SELECT instead of having to with to Draw mode.

================ CHORD PLAY MODE =============
    Currently when one chooses chord mode - this only applies to the on-screen keyboard. It would be cool to have the option to play chords but from a MIDI connected keyboard.

====== MAIN VIEW =====
    Certain operations like deleting or moving a track are only possible when the mixer faders are own view. When one only has the MIDi tracks one cannot do this.

SO MANY operations should be possible simply by holding down a finger on some selected item on-screen - so for example - to move , rename or delete attack one ought to be able to do this by holding down the finger on
    the track ( Track 5 say ) and it then gives the option of move/delete/rename. This would do away with the need to go into FUNCTION all the time.

• And also:

1) Export any type of audio like possible for the Ableton Live export - but to any cloud storage and locally to AudioShare, in one step (if required, as zip) not in 500 single files

2) Stop the request to access the microphone.

3) Copy selected notes in the editor! There is even a "Copy" button, but it is greyed out.

• @nonchai said:

it should be easier to pick a different gadget. Currently it requires
    a) being in the main view
    b) clicking on function
    c) clicking on “change gadget”
    d) picking a gadget
    This needs simplifying.

You can just touch the gadget name at the very top of the screen from the note editor. I do it all the time by accident when I'm trying to move to another measure by touching the labels just under the gadget name (which is a very minor gripe of my own).

• How bout add scene and duplicate scene buttons on the transport bar, accessible when you have a Gadget pulled up? I do agree with you on the function thing and general UI stuff. Oh and Kaoss pads for chrissakes

• wimwim
    edited May 2017

@tja said:
    And also:
    3) Copy selected notes in the editor! There is even a "Copy" button, but it is greyed out.

It's grey, but it still functions. The selected notes will start to flash yellow, then you can long-touch / drag the copied notes.

• a decent 4 OP FM Synth
    • a decent wavetable Synth
    • track ARM function for recording midi
    • AUv3 host especially for effects
    • rotary knobs that don't suck
  • I think the UI is pretty damn good. Change it too much and I think you risk making it worse, rather than better.

My wish list:

• midi out

• IAA / AUs

• I wish it was a little easier to create/encourage 'fuzzy joins' between scenes. By this I mean that it's tempting just to have everything neatly change every 8 or 16 bars. It's quite a lot of effort to have stuff start or end just a bit before the end of a scene - although the new play region bar does make this a bit easier.

• automation accross different scenes is pretty fiddly and inactuate

• everything @hexagonsun83 said

• a more extensive drum synth (although Tokyo is ok)

• a granular synth you can import your own samples into

• something like Boarderlands you can import your own samples into

• Another excercise in futility. All great suggestions but korg don't give a shit, they do what the do. But here goes mine.

My main wishes are:
    -busses,...At least one buss for drums
    -separate outs (routing 2-4 outputs to aum would be killer)
    -midi out but i doubt this would ever happen
    -scene joining= say you have a 4 bar clip followed by an 8 bar clip. And both are the full chorus,...i would like to be able to paste those together into one clip

And lastly, incredible how disjointed korg is. Why don't we have all korg synths in gadget? I would imagine most of the legwork is done. Ms20, polysix?

• Good news!
    You can already control multiple synths at once with MIDI. Just go to advanced in MIDI input settings, and you can layer all the synths you want, and even control what channel they respond to.

I'd love to see IAA at LEAST for the rosario and zurich gadgets. Then AU effects would be great!

• wimwim
    edited May 2017

@ion677 said:
    Good news!
    You can already control multiple synths at once with MIDI. Just go to advanced in MIDI input settings, and you can layer all the synths you want, and even control what channel they respond to.

I'd love to see IAA at LEAST for the rosario and zurich gadgets. Then AU effects would be great!

he he. I almost answered that one too before I noticed the date of the post. :D

Sad though that these two have been requested time and again since 2015:

• MIDI transport control - especially the record button and the pattern loop button
    • MIDI scene trigger
  • @wim said:
    It's grey, but it still functions. The selected notes will start to flash yellow, then you can long-touch / drag the copied notes.

You saved my day :-)))
    Thank you!

• Something that I miss, but maybe just not found:

Switch to the former or next scene while staying in the same track.
    To continue writing a Melodie...

• On screen velocity keys
    • Less CPU/battery hungry...
  • Zombie thread! Gadget has come a long way since my original post in 2015. Most of my list is resolved in one way or another... I now have transport control with nanoKontrol Studio, multi midi channel in, Link sync.

Best of all is Gadget for Mac and export to Ableton Live. I no longer really care about midi out too much... just sketch in Gadget iPad, export to Live with Gadget VSTs, and replace some parts with external midi from there.

@gburks said:
    What are your top wish list features for Korg Gadget? Our community should make our voice heard and vote up some of the feature request over at the Korg Gadget forum.
    https://support.korguser.net/hc/communities/public/topics/200037165-KORG-Gadget-Community

My top requests:

• MIDI out (or IAA Gadgets) - Either per track MIDI out, or a dedicated IAA gadget

• Multitimbral mode: MIDI control of multiple gadgets at same time

• MIDI scene trigger

• Ability to trigger specific scenes while in External sync mode

• IAA effects per gadget and Master

• Specific MIDI ports and channels instead of always locked into MIDI omni

• Before version 3 it never crashed. Now it crashes regularly. Be careful what you wish for.

• I'd like just more functionality. To me that shows you care about your product.

Fix the knob gestures, an auto reset function for pitch or way to adjust one note instead all of the notes. A loop feature for the whole song instead of just a section.

Just thinking outside the box an au gadget to bring in outside sounds. That would be my super duper want for gadget.

• More optimisation and less bloat

The piano roll has become markedly less responsive after 3.0. The battery and cpu usage has skyrocketed to the point where it uses 10 times as much cpu power as something like Sunvox or Caustic. Tweaking knobs can be a pain

An actual useful chord button where i can define the chord myself

A proper arpeggiator

I know i'm in the minority but i feel like 3.0 was a huge step backwards and i rarely use Gadget anymore despite owning all but one IAPs

• A keyboard sampler

1. Velocity Curve control. (Like in Module) Constantly needing to use another midi app in the workflow to set a minimum velocity when recording in Gadget is getting tedious.
    2. Program Change With Bank Change also.
    3. Better editing in Piano Roll would be nice too.
    • I would like to see multitrack audio that doesn't have to be fiddled with to fit across scenes. Something that looks like a traditional DAW with multiple lanes and the full audio track on a single lane. The way things exist now work, but it is way to fiddly.

Also,

• AU instrument support
    • AU Effects support
    • Universal M1 support that doesn't require the iPad hack to get things working on the iPhone
  • Above all else, I just want the ability to rename tracks as I see fit instead of five generic options. How f-cking difficult could it be?

• more Milpitas midi cc’s would be great, plus longer sampletime & attack on Bilbao.
    Would also like to be able to choose different background colors.
    And more options for plugins in the mix (am not really liking Deemax so far)

• and please, a way to easily reset “pots” to value 0

• and the ability to zoom in on the mixer & fx (as the controls are just too small on my phone)

• Big Picture: Figure out why this baby eats juice so ferociously.

Little picture, but it drives me insane enough to often not open it up (and yes it's been said a thousand times already, Lord knows I'VE said it a thousand times): Let me control the volume of the metronome before I have to hit someone close by with a bat.

• Double tap a control to reset it to its default value please

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Double tap a control to reset it to its default value please

God yes, and manual entry of values too, or at least, for christ's sake, SOME way to enter eg. +12 semitones without spending five minutes getting close, closer, closer, and then somehow way overshooting, repeat ad nauseam.

NOT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY BUT WOULD BE NICE: Being able to open up and play with the synths without having to load them into an open project.

• @zpxlng said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    Double tap a control to reset it to its default value please

God yes, and manual entry of values too, or at least, for christ's sake, SOME way to enter eg. +12 semitones without spending five minutes getting close, closer, closer, and then somehow way overshooting, repeat ad nauseam.

This is why I set the knob gesture behaviour to rotary. After starting to move a knob and while keeping my finger on the screen, I can move my finger away from the knob to get more precise adjustments. I much prefer linear gestures mind you, but I’ve worked far faster in Gadget by switching to rotary.

• edited January 2018

Loop project instead of each section. Especially if your just freestyling or trying to come up with an idea and the song just ends instead of just looping.

Open up Recife for user samples. Love Bilbao but Recife has taken over as my drum machine in gadget. Bilbao is good for my one shots but for drums I love Recife.

A better way to sequence. Or find a way to put it all on one screen to see the pattern.

+1 for renaming tracks.

And work on the copy and paste performance.

I think I could take more fx’s like deemax to put on the main channel. Some cool gadgets like that I’m always interested and in.