Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video Demo of Turnado effecting a live Korg Electribe EMX

OK so my effect skills here are not great but you get the picture..if you spent some time setting up the FX as you like em and learn to manipulate the app some of the stuff you could do would be stunning especially for a live gig or something...as you will see from the video some of the FX cut the sound..this is me..those FX, mainly the loopers, have to be set up..I used the Behringer UCA222 as the interface here...I still think its the best interface..I mean come on a audio interface for your iPad powered by the iPad for less than the price of Cubasis..I think I paid about 24 GB from Amazon.

Comments

• edited March 2014

• Hi Simon..I had the app first but always wanted an Electribe MX. It functions similar to the app but does a lot more. Its a complete music production studio with a versatile drum machine, sequencer and fully programable monosynth built in..those great dubstep bass sounds and synths are not samples they are just programed in with the synth...not by me, the ones you are hearing are sone of the presets, but are fully adjustable..also every knob tweak and effect can be recorded and stored..Many people are new to iOS but may have keys, guitars or other hardware..and I want to show that iOS can be a great way to record and process all instruments..of course the obvious drawback is the price of a hardware Electribe around 400 GB. Below is a video of me playing the Electribe on its own with a track I programed from scratch..you five synth tracks and 10 drum tracks..you program melodys and patterns with the step sequencer at the bottom and each pattern can be up 8 bars in length, just like the app. The whole thing about 3 hours to construct..the picture qual is not good but the sound is direct feed so you should a good idea of the quality..