Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

wow!

edited December 2012 in App Tips and Tricks
I'm amazed by this concept and ease of use. Great work guys. I'm experiencing some distortion from Nlog on ipad 2. Haven't had time to troubleshoot, but any tips would be appreciated. Hope sampletank gets onboard soon.

Comments

• I get the same distortion on my mini. Also happens in sunrizer. Kind of sucks when I get the distortion with only a synth and loopy running. Ipad mini has the same specs as an ipad 2. Love audiobus though and the future is bright.

• This could be caused by too many apps running at the same time in the background. If they eat up too much CPU power, NLog (or Sunrizer) don't get enough CPU resources to render their sweet sounds and what you're experiencing is what you end up with.

You can either reboot your iPad, then all apps running in the background will be shut down or you can follow this KB article and turn them off manually (which I suggest):

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137

• This same behavior can happen without audiobus too. I run Arctic Keys, Sunrizer, BM 2 together sometimes with a custom built controller sending to separate midi channels and they crackle and pop. I think the audiobus concept is awesome, but now we wait for hardware specs to allow us to run many audio processing apps at once. Either that or less CPU hungry apps....

Seriously excited about the whole thing and being patient. I bought it, but can't use it practically until my favorite apps climb on board. I might have to buy multitrack or similar just to experiment.

• I'm with you. I can't really use it yet because I've gotta buy some apps first, but the ones that I have already have show me how incredible this really is. This is gonna be a history making release.

• I had the problem with everything killed in the background besides sunrizer + audiobus or nlog + audiobus.

• Oh and loopy running with the synths. So audiobus + one synth + loopy.

• On jailbroken ios 5.1 ipad2 I am happily able to run Drumjam, Sunriser (at 128 samples latency), Jamup xt, Thumbjam, Audiobus, Atomic Browser, System Activity Monitor, and the App Store thingy. No crackles or problems, just pure fun. Wow indeed!

• Just read mojofunks account here about jail breaking opening up resources. Any one else have this experience? Now that there's iOS 7, and iPad 4+?

• man,you shocked me.I thought some peole got a Beta code for Audiobus 2 when i saw the first posts and before i realized they are one year old :) About your question:to my knwowledge there is no jailbreak for iOS7 yet.And i HIGHLY doubt that anybody will get a performance boost on a jailbroken device.How should this work?There's even more stuff running in the background then.Never heard about this...

• edited December 2013

4:20am and still nothing in the uk store is this a prank or real Damm you Morris and Co I can't sleep ZzZzzzzzZzzzZz

Edit Double shocked that got me as well going to sleep now.

• edited December 2013

What's this thread on about?

• edited March 2014

• @Littlewoodg you little scallywag you

• Sorry bout that- was doing the usual thrice daily search thru threads and found a weird nugget...this time in a sort of where-it-all-began thread, with Morris leading the way, way back then as now.
    And what a year it's been.

• high five @littlewoodg for searching first.

• edited December 2013

I think the original cause of crackles back then was incompatible buffer sizes caused by not opening Audiobus before the other apps. Mr Jailbreak had probably opened Audiobus first, got no crackles and assumed he had more resources free.

• Lol. I was sleep and got blamed.

• You sleep???