Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Considering updating to iOS 7? Wait!

2»

Comments

• iOS 7 is fine. Everybody should upgrade to it.

• @Sebastian said:

iOS 7 is fine. Everybody should upgrade to it.

There's quite a bit of latency on your connection, Sebastian...

• Did they ever fix the issue with battery drain whilst sitting idle? When I first upgraded I had to change a bunch of system settings to stop that and haven't changed it back.

• I am shocked how many people seem not to be running the latest os. We found out the hard way.

• Within a few weeks we will be looking at ios 8.

• edited August 2014

looking forward to that :)

http://audiob.us/ios8

• As usual it's prudent to wait until all developers of the apps one likes to use have made sure that their apps run nicely on the new OS. I'm not saying to wait another year to upgrade but I would definitely not upgrade just blindly.

• edited August 2014

I'm halfway fine with what I can see now. If Rolf and Alessandro drop in the new sdk in time I'm the 1st one to jump to ios8. Giku already did. There is stuff that seams to be on sdk 2 or something, but it can't be so hard to just drop the lastest sdk in, right?
    I am confident. :)
    and shame on everybody who isn't ready for ios8 when it drops!

• edited August 2014

@lala said:

I am shocked how many people seem not to be running the latest os. We found out the hard way.

It's not so shocking in the Apple world I think. At the time of Lion and even a Mountain Lion release many peoples that working with audio still have running a Snow Leopard on their MacBooks. This is not a retrograde way it's just a some kind of way to save some nerves and time against crashing or non-working apps. In the iDevices world it's also more important, because after the iOS update you can't downgrade from the iOS that doesn't work for you in a way that previous does. So you need to think twice or at least to wait for some more updates. By the way, what device you are running with the iOS and how old it is?

• edited August 2014

Latest and greatest - mini retina
    why I was shocked is because even my mother has heard of heartbleed ... And ios isn't os x, where u paid 100s of € for software that isn't up to date or u can't upgrade because u still need sounddiver or something , so I don't think you can compare that.

why shouldn't we be able to jump back to ios7 with a backup if ios8 has to many hickups?

• edited August 2014

I just realized there is no way to export all ab presets in one go. Need to upload more patches here so I can just click em again. rofl, lalas public backup, hahaha

• edited August 2014

@lala said:

Latest and greatest - mini retina
    why I was shocked is because even my mother has heard of heartbleed ... And ios isn't os x, where u paid 100s of € for software that isn't up to date or u can't upgrade because u still need sounddiver or something , so I don't think you can compare that.

why shouldn't we be able to jump back to ios7 with a backup if ios8 has to many hickups?

It's not that your VST costs 100E. It does matter of course, but most of all it's some kind of fear that your old apps and hardware inside a Macbook would perform slower with the new OS. It may perform trouble-free of course but it can be much slower at the same time.
    As about iOS jump back as I know you can only do this in a limited time because after every iOS release/update Apple stop to signing previous version of iOS within some days so you can't downgrade to previous version even if you have a backup. So when iOS 10.1 arrives and if after update you accidently notice that your Mini Retina performs much better on iOS 9.1.3 there would be no way to jump back. You can do this on a Macbook though, it's much more easier now compared to the iOS world but your Mac OS version would be also limited by the bridge of your motherboard. For example, you can't install a Snow Leopard on the MacBooks with the Ivy Bridge motherboards.

• edited August 2014

• edited August 2014

I have no interest in running old OSs if the device is supported by apple with the new hot shit. I'm on Mac since what panther or something and stuff never got slower with whatever the current os was.
    New OSs are there for a reason, because you can write better code that does things in a new clever way without the hickups und oopsies of yesteryear.
    just wait for new touch fun and file pusharounds on os8 ;)
    Luckily this is not grandmas tv that stays with the software it came with.
    can't wait to see what everybody is going to do with all those new APIs :) good times ahead
    ios 8 is going to be a major milestone :)

• @lala said:

I just realized there is no way to export all ab presets in one go. Need to upload more patches here so I can just click em again. rofl, lalas public backup, hahaha

Or email em to yourself. Not that I don't want to see them shared, mind!

Would really love to see http://shared.audiob.us/ or something so we can browse shared presets and filter by apps we own (or want). The thread is decidedly uninviting, particularly because so many of the links I click require me to purchase something but I don't know it until it's in my local copy of the app.

• Not all software on iOS or OS X is made by Apple nor does all of it make it to the latest version of the OS. With iOS upgrades being a ratcheting process of going forward but not back, it's not always an easy call to decide when to upgrade. Some people have even been in situations where the upgrade downloads automatically even though you haven't decided to install it yet which can then prevent you from adding new apps or other material to your device.

• edited August 2014

@syrupcore: u can see what apps r inside the preset if u just click the link, no need to download
    But I like the idea, unfortunately not many ppl seam to like the idea of sharing with everyone. I also have presets that contain half finished tracks, guess that's why it's not very popular ...
    So the only real use this had for me was for beta testing, so instead of having to write many words I sometimes could just send them the URL and say see what happens. But if u r doing music with a partner on the web I find sharing presets very appealing :) and I guess it's nice if u do stuff with 2 ios devices u can just email your preset to the other device without having to jump through hoops. There is room for improvement here.

• Ah right, forgot about the interstitial web page.

• @Paulinko said:

Not all software on iOS or OS X is made by Apple nor does all of it make it to the latest version of the OS. With iOS upgrades being a ratcheting process of going forward but not back, it's not always an easy call to decide when to upgrade.

That's why we made this (watch that page or sign up to be notified when your favorite apps are updated): http://audiob.us/ios8

• Wow, quite a few of my favorite apps are missing from that list. None of the DAWs are up there with the exception of Meteor.

• Mind you iOS 8 will only hit the stores in September and developers are still working on the update.

• Yep. Just saw three or four newly upgraded apps in my update list today.