Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC Pro by Akai Professional & Retronyms OUT NOW (IAA/MIDI supported)

Comments

• edited July 2014

Using this makes me appreciate bm2 much more. Working with samples alone does make it a little limited. Having an audio track against a sampler in bm2 let's one drop occasional vocals or other stuff so easily. All bm2 needs is to be able to use iaa effects for its tracks. It would make it truly glorious. In fact maybe that's what bm3 is going to be able to do?
    Edit: just imagine add fx giving you iaa option, that would be truly lush.

• Cubasis does that now and it is lush. They really need to add that in conjunction with resampling.

This board should pool resources and design the ultimate iOS sampler/drum machine/sequencer.

• intua May 9
    Hi everyone !

We are sorry for the lack of communication recently! We are working very hard in developing our new app. We carefully read and analyzed all your constructive comments and feedback and we are going to take BeatMaker to a whole new level.

Also, we're now working with a new collaborator for all your support needs.

Stay tuned for more development updates !
    All the best and thanks to everyone who support us.

The INTUA team.

• Hey, you guys are scaring me off. I haven't bought this...yet.

• I might reinstall BM2 and just use its drum sampler in Cubasis......

if impc pro would have had midi in it would be installed already

• @telecharge said:

Hey, you guys are scaring me off. I haven't bought this...yet.

Just get it. It really is cheap for what you get. Even if it entertains you for a day or two it is a gain in itself. Or maybe, like in my case, it will make you appreciate more things you already have ;)

• My favorite Demo Song of iMPC Pro is 'Dilla Dreams'.....yours???

• edited July 2014

@ArcaneScreams said:

The thing is that the commands you listed in that previous post weren't notes, they were CC's. The Xkey is made to send CC's, or Notes, depending on the settings. Those links are just for notes, not CC's. If you check the XKey editor app (or whatever program/app you use to configure the XKey), it will show you the associated CC number for each note. CC #'s aren't exclusive to specific keys on the XKey so it really could be anything.

Edit: Actually it's possible they may be commands sent by notes, not CC's. I'll try the commands as notes this evening and see if it works, keep ya posted :)

• R_2R_2
    edited July 2014

@Samu
    Thanks, I'll hold off till Retronyms adds the rudimentary features

• edited July 2014

As noted upthread; Only 2 beers in my home town.

Bought and despite The Misgivings of Doom (my own) spent an hour, just as a stand alone, and Had A Good Time (TM).

My sensory side has quibbles, but my intuitive side can make this make stuff. The rest feels like a communication (read marketing) issue for many of us. I liked the earlier idea of folks in the middle (not haters or lovers) would have come to the game more gently if this had just dropped out of the sky.

Anyways, won't mean a thing in a hundred years, nor in 15 minutes when the Brazil/Germany game starts and I jam this back through the headphones and decide whether to make hiphop samba or oldskool oompa...

• @telecharge said:

Hey, you guys are scaring me off. I haven't bought this...yet.

>
    >

I have serious doubts about this after the videos but then i bougth the old i MPC and is great for me i can do some beats copy and paste it into other apps, thats why i bougth iMPC Pro but is not as stable as the first one, sure it have a few more options like timeline and the fx but right now im dissapointed. Maybe in future updates but i read that this guys doesnt update often. And btw the samples quality are better in the old app.

• edited July 2014

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Yes, easy to justify if you look at it individually. It's the cumulative that stings. I've bought a number of apps over the past couple o' weeks. Gotta say no to something, right? Right?!?

• @Sinapsya said:

My favorite Demo Song of iMPC Pro is 'Dilla Dreams'.....yours???

Funny, I thought that was the worst! But I love Dilla's MPC work a lot so I might be judgey.

• @telecharge said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Yes, easy to justify if you look at it individually. It's the cumulative that stings. I've bought a number of apps over the past couple o' weeks. Gotta say no to something, right? Right?!?

Absolutely. Most of the features of this app are already available on iOS and you probably already own the apps. :)

[start not directed @telecharge]

But saying no to something is different than being angry that a two beer app doesn't support feature X, Y or Z. With this 12 dollar investment, someone with skills/vision/motivation can make something great, fully realized and professional sounding, without a doubt. There's quite a lot in this app!

It is (insert air quotes) missing features and there are some bugs but it is what it is. If what it is isn't what you need, skip it. If you don't think you're getting 12 (or 20) dollars worth of music creation software, you are high on shitty drugs.

Fully spec'd MPCs, if that's what one needs, are still available at your favorite gear retailer.

Here's what I'm wondering: if it didn't say "Retronyms" on the package, would this thread look like this? Honestly, think the team at Retronyms needs to look into that and possibly address it.

• edited July 2014

This inside Auria as IAA going through the native Auria version of Turnado + Aurias automation is just lovely. Almost a match made in heaven, can't get tempo info to or from iMPC, so that needs to be set manually before recording (which is no biggie ATM I guess), and haven't figured out how to make Auria start/stop iMPC Pro yet. Anyone else had any luck here?

• @CalCutta Sorry to leave you hanging. I'm at work(busy), and trying to sneak off and do this at the same time. Bare with me a bit.

• Oh no rush! I'm at work too, hehe

• IAA and Audiobus effects sound demo for iMPC Pro. I ran iMPC Pro through AudioShare via IAA in Audiobus and recorded the output without effects, with Final Cut, and finally through both Effectrix and Final Cut. I adjusted the volume so they were the same for all three sections.

• Currently I kinda love the App even if it doesńt feel completly stable and responsive... Maybe linked to the fact that the app indicates me a constant 95% RAM usage even when i load a simple template after reboiting my ipad air... Does anybody have the same issue ?

• @syrupcore

Yes, I agree. I was annoyed by the lack of integration options because of the potential here, but I ended up buying because I definitely have £8 spare and this will give me a great chance to make music in a different way to my usual workflow.

There is loads of good stuff here and I will have fun for days... Any improvements will be welcome, but I have spent £8 on far less in life and considerably less In the world of iOS! Not managed any sync with Cubasis yet, but audioshare > audiobus works a treat.

I have not been burnt by Retronyms before, (and have yet to be burnt by IKMultimedia too), so while I appreciate all the feedback about their practices ... I'm just gonna have fun with this for the time being - there is a lot going on to have fun with :)

• Does anyone know how to export sequences and programs for use in the desktop (MPC Ren./Studio). It appears as if that feature (which worked in the previous iMPC) has been removed!

• @ElGregoLoco said:

Currently I kinda love the App even if it doesńt feel completly stable and responsive... Maybe linked to the fact that the app indicates me a constant 95% RAM usage even when i load a simple template after reboiting my ipad air... Does anybody have the same issue ?

Loading it up in Auria as IAA (with the acoustic template I think it was), Auria did show 100mb RAM free, so there is some wiggle room. How much, depends on how much iOS releases I guess. But it does love the RAM for sure.

• @ElGregoLoco said:

Currently I kinda love the App even if it doesńt feel completly stable and responsive... Maybe linked to the fact that the app indicates me a constant 95% RAM usage even when i load a simple template after reboiting my ipad air... Does anybody have the same issue ?

>
    >
    I comment that issue before and maybe is a bug

• You need to restart your iPad for reset the RAM

• edited July 2014

Force close all apps by dubble tapping the home button and swiping away all open stuff, before you reboot your iPad. Open background apps will apparently still use some resources after a reboot.

• @ChrisG said:

Force close all apps by dubble tapping the home button and swiping away all open stuff, before you reboot your iPad. Open background apps will apparently still use some resources after a reboot.

Sounds like a great urban myth! I also find rebooting with left hand helps too ;)

• The reset doesnt work tried on ipad air, ipad 2 and mini retina display