Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

*UPDATED 5/14* - Sliver - from Alex Matheu (GlitchBreaks dev)

Comments

• edited March 2014

^^^ that.

• ^^^ this.

• ^^^ those

• Oh no, I ain't fergotten you baby !
    Where you at?

• edited March 2014

It's in review! Posted 1 hr ago by Alex (the dev) on twitter. So here's hoping for a release anytime now....today...phuleeaase Apple.

• So any minute... or day now. My vote is for minutes.

• Still in review 1 hr ago. What are the Apples doing? I bet it takes them zero-point-zero seconds to review a flappy bird clone..

• @ChrisG - yes, it's insane the amount of Flappy Bird rip-offs Apple has allowed through. I thought I had read they were no longer accepting the but new ones seems to pop up every day, I mean hour...

• I'd have thought time in review is directly proportional to how much fun the app is.

• Umm so still waiting i guess

• Still in review as of around 1 hr ago. They all be playing flappy this and tappy that instead of reviewing :(

• Ah yes Flappy Bird, just sold my iPhone for 500,000,000,000,000 dollars because it has Fucky Bird

• I'd buy soo many extra lives in Loco Bird if I had some of that cash.

If it doesn't come out by tomorrow CET PM-sometime something gotta be wrong?

• Haha... Fapping Turd clones. They can review those so quickly because the source code is the exact same for 99% of them, just reskinned.
    Dime a dozen... and easy to review.

Sliver on the other hand has code never used in anything before, so I guess they need time to get all anal investigating its every nook and cranny... of which there are many. Fingers crossed they pass it soon.

• I cringe when people use anal, nook, and cranny in the same sentence.

• edited March 2014

Aren't you over that by now? It was just the one time.... Jeez...

• It left permanent scars though.

• edited March 2014

Yea we should probably stop before we potentially cause any tarnishing on Distraub or the Sliver brand names. ;) One thing tho, I mentioned "flappy bird" in a tweet today and immediately got a message from some spambot on twitter leading me to a how-to cheat in flappy bird (no I didn't click any links), where do people get the energy to do all this stuff, it's nuts.

@OmnilimbO said:

Sliver on the other hand has code never used in anything before, so I guess they need time to get all anal investigating its every nook and cranny... of which there are many. Fingers crossed they pass it soon.

Yea, I read that on Alex's first submission attempt he couldn't get the reviewer to understand what the app did (or something along those lines). Maybe it was you who wrote that. In this thread probably. I'm a bit scarred too from all the above stuff, so I don't remember :(

• edited March 2014

@funjunkie27 said:

I cringe when people use anal, nook, and cranny in the same sentence.

Worse.. Next sentence then starts with "Fingers". Busy flagging all your dirty little comments so we can keep this forum smut free

• You guys make me SMILE !!

• edited March 2014

Hahaa. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the chuckles. (Sorry for the scars... you like em)

And you are correct Chris, the entire setback is because the reviewer was basically expecting the "write" function to operate in a more conventional "record" type of way that it does... more specifically they didn't think you should still be able to use "write" (automation) once playback was stopped, even though it is an intentional implemtation in Sliver. Short sighted and knit picky of Apple, but should all be resolved with the submission now in review.

• Crossed fingers even, which explains the permanent scars.

• edited March 2014

Facebook post, 4 hrs old.

Alex Matheu
    And Sliver just got rejected again because it uses background audio, this is getting ridiculous!

• I'm on this.

• This sucks man... Is there a specific disgruntled apple reviewer who is jealous of the app and idea or has some beef ?!!
    Have to wait weeks again now do we?
    And what kinds of changes do they really want now....

• Now their problem is that it displays the red "recording" bar for background audio, even though at times the app is recording automation rather than audio. Again, super knit picky and pointless waste of time. It truly is getting ridiculous. Sliver is a fantastic app, and we can't wait to hear what awesome stuff you guys do with it.

• @Omnilimbo I hear your pain, but if we must have a curated garden rather than a free and open wilderness where nothing much grows, I'd rather the Ts were crossed and the eyes dotted. That big red recording bar scares me, so I'm with Apple on this one. The behaviour must be consistent from app to app. In fact, if there was a way to get all devs to use the same kind of interface protocol it would make my life as a music maker soooooo much easier. It's getting to the stage where I can't face learning yet another app.