Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 2 is launching on Thursday, April 3rd 2014

UPDATE: We're launching Audiobus 2 on Thursday, April 3rd 2014

One year ago we launched Audiobus.

We thought this would be a good time to give you an advance look at some of the new features in Audiobus 2.

Sign up to our newsletter if you'd like to stay in the loop with new announcements and of course the actual launch in early 2014.

UPDATE:

Here's another video about how to use multiple effects in Audibus 2. This, too will be enabled with the 'unlimited routing' in-app-purchase.

Audiobus 2 will be capable of running as many apps in parallel or in series as your device can handle. That’s right: Multiple, independent pipelines with as many inputs, filters or outputs as you like in each. We're doing away with any restrictions. This feature will be available as a very reasonably priced in-app purchase.

We're also introducing a way to save presets of your connection graphs and share them via mail or your social networks.

Audiobus 2 will have a brand new look which enables us to add additional features more easily in the future and which we think looks really great and in tune with the design of iOS 7.

Audiobus 2 will be made available as an update to the existing Audiobus app.

Please watch this space for further announcements.

Cheers,
The Audiobus Team

Screenshots:

Comments

• Wooooooowwwweeeee!!!
    No comment!

• WOW, This looks intriguing.

• Looks AMAZING!! When do you anticipate we can get our hands on the SDK do you think?

• Holy mother of god! This is amazing! You guys are unbelievable!

• edited December 2013

I am blown away by this!! I knew you guys had big things coming but this is amazing. I will have to seriously consider buying an Air now. Thanks audiobus team for making the iPad an even more competent platform for music creation. You guys rock.

• looks very very cool!

• edited December 2013

JamMaestro said:

Looks AMAZING!! When do you anticipate we can get our hands on the SDK do you think?

Soon-ish. Currently all apps will work with the new version of the app but we're working on a few new features that developers will definitely want to support and we're currently still testing them.

• Goodbye IAA.... Wellcome AB2 :-)

• Looks fantastic! Thanks for showing!

• Way way better than the wannabe IAA.

I find it simple to use IAA, but a pain to manage hanging apps.
    Would be awesome if you guys can send via SDK the quit signal to apps when the user presses EJECT. So if an app receives an EJECT signal from the Audiobus console, it terminates itself.

Anyway... it's awesome and we can hardly wait for it. Good job.

• any comment about what mark ipad you would need? (Vested interest alert: I have a 3)

• Amazing, but needs iPad air or next one.
    poor my iPad3......

• Ian said:

any comment about what mark ipad you would need? (Vested interest alert: I have a 3)

You really want the fastest iPad you can get your hands on. But it'll run on an iPad 3.

• I love the features and they design is...wow!

• edited December 2013

God Damn Gorgeousness!

Looks just amazing.

Pleeeeease be iOS 6 compat!? )

And great music Chris.

• SpookyZoo said:

Pleeeeease be iOS 6 compat!? )

Yep.

• Do you add a midi & sync feature inside?

• Great teasers! Looks amazing.

• I've seen AB configurations referred to as "bus routes". Much better than "presets". :)

• Will connection graphs only save the routing, and not the individual app settings? I.e. for total recall, load the graph, then load the (previously saved) app settings, app by app? (I guess there's no way for one app to see another's data in iOS)

Regards,
    JPS

• jpshea said:

Will connection graphs only save the routing, and not the individual app settings? I.e. for total recall, load the graph, then load the (previously saved) app settings, app by app? (I guess there's no way for one app to see another's data in iOS)

Please watch this space for an announcement about that.

• Will you be able to select GarageBand as an Input device?

• Wow, can't wait! Especially since you're not abandoning iOS6 like some folk :)

• edited March 2014

• You did say "wait ...". That was easy while we had no idea. Graphs! Dream come true! Enough all by itself to make whatever you want for the IAP OK.

But wait - there's more!

• firehosed said:

Will you be able to select GarageBand as an Input device?

Not unless Apple implements that in GarageBand. Sorry!

• @firehosed I imagine that would be up to Apple (translation: no)

• The Best just got better !
    But is the Best going to embrace IAA or go it alone ?
    Either way I'm saving all my pennies for the IAP's goodbye impulse buys.