Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Preset Sharing: Waldorf Nave

Comments

• edited June 2013

Cool thanks. :)

I also use iCab as browser, so I never have any problems downloading various things from the Internet, extract files in iCab, and/or move files from iCab to another app or Dropbox etc. A simple download manager for Safari wouldn't hurt anyone, Apple.

• Copy nave link, switch to GoodReader, Web Doenlosd, Mnsgr - "Open In" Nave. No problems. Thanks, @ChrisG

• Download! iThing Fingers, sry

• There seems to be a BUG in iTunes file sharing and Nava, I am getting the crashing problem and once I remove the file its ok.

• ---For those like me who aren't that familiar with what everyone is talking about on here and need help getting this great bank on your iPad...here's how I did it:
    I downloaded the file to my computer and unzipped it to the desktop so I could find it easily. I then emailed the unzipped file to the iPad email address that I set up in settings and then went to that file and it said, "Open In" and since I had already installed Nave it was one of my options so I chose it.
    The file/bank with those great sounds was then on my iPad in the Nave app!! I guess this is how you do this with others if you can't go through ITunes file sharing.
    I hope this helps those like me who don't have the time to figure out a lot on this great device...

• Yea iTunes filesharing is a no go for some reason.

Anyway, ipadmusic.com have made a bank with some nice pads, wobble basses and more, available at their site: http://www.ipadmusic.com/blog/2013/6/27/nave-presets-wobble-pads-and-others

• Just downloaded your Nave bank, @ChrisG. (Downloaded rar to Dropbox, unzipped on PC in Dropbox and opened from Dropbox on iPad in Nave no problem using 'Open in'). Great sounds - thanks for sharing! :-)

• R_2R_2
    edited June 2013

Wrong post, sorry

• Just wanted to say I am liking your presets, @ChrisG. Great job. Thanks for sharing these.

• Free presets from iOS music community, I thought I share with you

http://iosmusic.org/forum/free-nave-presets

• edited June 2013

Really really nice presets. Thanks Clif, Smite Matter & @Tandets! Very appreciated.

Gonna try to reorganize the first post a bit ASAP so we can put all links to websites that pop ups, at the top of thread.

Edit: Btw, I'm soon done doing another 10 presets for the ChrisG bank (feels silly with that name but wth) which makes it around 30 presets total so far. The new presets contains some voice sounds to complement the more orchestral and ambient/pad stuff I guess (like female soprano and more choir-ish variations). Some oriental-ish stuff and other "exotic" sounding things in there as well. The size is still under 1mb! It's pretty amazing that this synth (and PPGs apps I'm guessing) can take like a ~0.1 to 0.3 sec long sample of a string, horn, voice, guitar, whatever basically and have it all still sounding really good . Anyway not sure how often I'm gonna update the bank yet. I'll make an update here when I upload a new file.

• Just getting a page full of code on the last 2 links.....any ideas ?

• Deja vu? Try pasting the link into GoodReader and opening it into Nave from there

• I think you can also create a text file and paste the code into it, then rename the file extension to whatever Nave uses (which I don't recall.)

• edited July 2013

Thanks Ian, Mark all as viewed abuse I think, Chris G's worked fine just not the other 2 links.

• edited July 2013

The new bank is up! Over 20 new presets added, and some tweaking on a few of the older ones. New audio examples added in the first post. This batch of new presets are a bit warmer in general, some more acoustic elements added like voices, strings (plucked and others) few arps, warmer pads etc. And again, you can shape most sounds (or fine tune) into something completely different with the x/y pad and/or the mod wheel. Hope you find something useful in there!

• Dave Magoo I am getting the gobbledygook in Documents, too - but you can still save the file and (through Documents, again) open it in Nave. I have a feeling you can do that with Goodreader too.

• edited July 2013

Ok, from the ipad only the rar link worked for me. Opened into goodreader. Made sure I had switched from preview file to the manage file tab, and then easily opened into Nave. Deleted the original Chris bank from within app. Sounds very nice..., thanks. :)

• I don't know if Nave just replaces the old one with the new if importing a bank with the same name. But the new links in the first post above contains all presets, old and new. So I think any method will do? And if you end up with 2 ChrisG banks in Nave, just the delete the old one.

• Yeah, a second bank was added with "-1" added to the name. Easy enough to install the new and delete the old. I had obviously edited my post while you were replying...sorry. :)

• edited July 2013

I added a link to Digital Resonance, he's sharing a demo bank for Nave with 23 presets. Some really cool dark and gritty sounds. And FYI, he's also sharing a free Sunrizer bank called Essentials with 70 presets, and a demo bank for his Torque bank, so around 100 free really high quality and fresh sounding presets for Sunrizer. Definitely the best VA sound designer for iOS right now IMO.

• Awesome thanks for the links to the preset banks! Am I right in deleting your original bank and just installing this one because you combined them into a single bank?

• edited July 2013

Jm: yea delete the old one first is probably best, seems like if you import the new one Nave will just create a new bank with a number added to the bank name. All presets are inside the new bank, I'm just adding to it as I go. :)

• @ChrisG , those are some awesome presets....thank you soo much....much more useful and tweakable for me atleast,than some of the other default presets!!!
    Love the Strings, vilolin....hell,all the pads are just stupendous !!....for ambient and experimental tones and drones ,they are perfect.....love to see more in those vein...thanks so much again !!

• +1 for awesome presets @ChrisG.

• edited July 2013

Cool glad you likey!

Yea there'll probably be more variations of strings as I keep doing presets (violins, cellos, plucked and all that). It's hard to make decent strings tho and not increase the file size by much. But gotta say the String Quartus or whatever I named it turned out good-ish (courtesy Nave) considering it's made out a 10 millisecond sample. I'd love to have a good deep cello sound in there tho to balance things out with the orchestral sounds. And some wind instruments (like weird flutes and similar).

• I'm not sure if Ryan is posting here now, but in case he isn't its worth having a look at the latest video on iosmars.com. It's how to take a sound from whatever app (Galileo in this case) and put it into Nave, creating a new preset by mucking around with various parameters. I've had some fun, in between a barbie and watching Murray win, getting different things out of Alchemy. Recommended viewing

• edited July 2013

Yep good stuff. In that video tho, he left a gap at the end of the sample which will result in a gap in Nave as well (prolly just cos he was doing the demo). But one tip I picked up from another user/site in the first post is that, if you got a badly looped wavetable or only want a certain part of the wavetable to loop, you can sort of do your typical smooth "ping pong" loop by setting one of the LFOs to modulate the starting point knob and just have it go back and forth on some part of the wavetable . If anyone know of even better methods to do looping please feel free to share!

• That sounds like smart use of the Nave control parameters. It would be a lot trickier to pull off on a less friendly wavetable synth.

• edited July 2013

Interesting ideas.. :)