Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

When will [insert favourite app name here] be getting Audiobus support?

edited December 2012 in General App Discussion

Perhaps Sebastian/Michael should create a 'sticky' explaining:

a) the strategy behind not releasing the SDK to one and all right now and,

b) why there's no point asking the Audiobus team about the intentions of other developers re Audiobus.

It may also allay scenarios such as that mentioned in this thread:
http://d4.drumagog.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9950&p=18263#p18263
(search for Crudebyte or CMP)

Comments

• edited December 2012

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. I've answered the questions here: http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/194/when-will-insert-favourite-app-name-here-be-getting-audiobus-support

... and made the thread sticky.

• edited December 2012

You may also want to mention very clearly and prominently on that thread that your plan is to make it fully publicly available soon.

• Good idea. Doing that now.

• Sounds like the competition are on it !

Good luck guys.

• Sounds more like some one is in a strop 'cos they didn't get to play with the new toy!

• edited December 2012

I'd like to make it clear that we're planning to make the SDK public as soon as we know with sufficient certainty that it's not going to blow up into a support nightmare that we can't handle. We're getting there, but it's not yet done.

On a personal note:
    The width of the spectrum of reactions to Audiobus is fascinating to me. From people dismissing it as unfeasible before launch and other people being sure that Apple would kill it. To people announcing their intention to create competing standards weeks after launch.

Since I know how long it took us to get where we want Audiobus to be so we were confident enough to launch it, the thought of 'just' copying or even improving the concept...
    Let's just say I have the outmost respect for anyone doing this with the same amount of community interaction and quality in a fraction of the time it took us.

But I'd also like it to be clear that while I understand everyone's intentions and motives and am not blaming anyone: this discussion is something that distracts us from actually working on the goal of giving everyone access to the SDK as soon as possible. So I'm trying to address it in the friendliest and most productive manner, since I think that is what's in the best interest of everyone involved.

• Top response Sebastian,

Since I bought Audiobus it has already revolutionised how I produce my music in a way I only dreamt and wished possible.

For that the upmost respect and thanks goes to you and your team.

I wish you the best of luck with this.

Dave.