Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Missing feature in ios apps: preview of imported midi files

i have a bunch of midi drum files that I want to use to construct drum tracks. The problem is, that I can't find an app that lets me preview the before importing them to a track. I know Audioshare has midi preview, but it doesn't playback drum sounds. I have tried Cubasis, Meteor, BM2, Multitrackstudio, Symphonix evolution, none of them deliver.

Does any one know an iPad Daw that lets you preview imported midi drum files? Ideally I'm looking for a DAw in which I can import and store folders with midi files, browse them from within the app, preview them and then import the selected file onto a track.

Comments

• Cubasis does that pretty well

• @Peanutcram Thanks for your answer. I just tried, but it doesn't work. Only the factory midi files have a preview button. User importd midi files don't. Or am I missing something?

• If you only want to hear without importing there is that play button in the media center

• Oh sorry. Just checked. It does not work for own midi files.

• edited March 2015

Call me stupid, but I can't find the play button you're referring to. As I said. The factory midi files have a play button, but my own imported files only have an 'e' button that lets me rensme the file. EDIT: just read your comment above that conforms the limitation. Man, I really need an app that lets me do this, what point is there in importing lots of drum midi files without being able to listen to them before choosing the right one for the job.

If you're listening devs: this is a must have feature imho!

• I agree that that would be very useful. It would also be great if Cubasis could export tracks as midi files.

• Music studio will preview midi files in the beats folder.

• I've had the same problem, and posted about it on the kymatica forum. Feel free to chime in there. It would be nice if Audioshare either had midi out or could load and play soundfonts or some other instruments like a basic drum kit.

• @BiancaNeve The factory midi loops in the beats folder of Musicstudio can be previewed, that's correct. However, imported user midi loop can't be previewed, even if copied to the beats folder. Can you confirm this? @Coloobar good to know I'm not the only one wanting this function. I'll post my request in the Kymatica forum later. Thank you all for replying.

• Oooops you're right. Shame.

• I dunno if this is of value for what you want to achieve but this is a Great FREE midi file player, imports user midi files via Audioshare. Did I mention it was Free https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/midionstage/id962042556?mt=8

• @banjofran that looks as though it might well have its uses; thanks for the tip.

• If you have the MIDI file stored in AudioShare, you can "Open In" Sound Canvas. As long as all the program changes are imbedded in the MIDI file, GM compatible, it should work. This is a pretty expensive MIDI player. MIDIOnStage seems to work the same way; much more reasonable in price. I store my MIDI files on my Apple iCloud Drive that AudioShare can read. Some people use DropBox.

• Good suggestions toward the end here but to the OP's point, it's hardly a quick preview if you're opening it in another app first! Not distracting from the helpful ideas, just agreeing that [user] MIDI file preview would be a great feature to see in many apps.

• I think there is a way to trick Cubasis into creating short mp3 preview files if each midi file. I dropped some in there a while back and It had created the short preview files. I uninstalled it and now I can't. Get it to do it anymore. Anyone figured it out?
    I did the audioshare open in midi on stage etc but its really cumbersome. The ultimate way would be for either cubasis or audioshare to do it as it does for audio samples.