Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OUT NOW: FLUX:FX by Noiise Audio (Modular Multi FX - AB, IAA & MIDI supported)

Comments

• @supadom said:

Doesn't seem to be on the UK store yet...

Somehow it does on my UK store! @monzo

Is it? I'll check again :)

Be nice if SOMEONE ANSWERED MY IPAD 2 QUERY though lol

• @monzo said:

@supadom said:

Doesn't seem to be on the UK store yet...

Somehow it does on my UK store! @monzo

Is it? I'll check again :)

Be nice if SOMEONE ANSWERED MY IPAD 2 QUERY though lol

http://bit.ly/getfluxfx

It DOES work on the 2, but similarly to iPad mini - dont expect to run 5 verbs in a row...

• @kobamoto said:

so while we are having this discussion, what is the best way to squeeze some juice out of an iPad in general for making music, put it in airplane mode?… anything else?
    this question is for anybody btw :)

This is what we posted as tips. Not exhaustive of course, but could be helpful?

Turn off anything else that is running on your iPad, especially audio apps you don’t currently use. The most efficient iPad for FLUX:FX will be running nothing but.. FLUX:FX!
    Ignore them. The CPU warning will occur occasionally when you are switching UI views, but this will not usually glitch the audio. In normal usage on a decent iPad, you will not have issues.
    turn off the Delaunay visualizer [menu > video settings]. This will reduce the load on the CPU at the [acceptable?] cost of looking less cool.
    Increase the latency [menu > audio settings]. Higher latencies mean less load, but increased delay. If you are not putting live audio through the app then this won’t be so much of an issue.
    Use different effects in your performance – some effects are heavier than others [particularly the reverbs and the distortions which require expensive samplerate conversions]. If you want to use multiple distortions, it is more efficient to have them next to each other in the chain rather than separated by a different effect.
    Buy a faster iPad! Not being cheeky, but the newer devices have significantly more power. FLUX:FX is an intensive app that offers a boatload of functionality, and it is really giving the hardware a run for its money. IPad 2s and minis WILL work. iPad 3s are slightly better, but to get the most out of FLUX:FX you will want to run it on an iPad4 or later.

• @NOIISE said:

yes background can be switched off, and it WILL work on an iPad mini as long as you dont expect to run 5 verbs in a row...

Thanks, You've got yourself another customer...

As for the 'background' I really would love to have the option to have a solid background(black, grey or custom colour?) to make things easier to see.

Been playing for it for some time now and i really do love the noises it makes.

Well worth the price and when it comes to effects it's easily my new favorite companion to AudioShare for processing sounds :)

• JG stops pacing, kicks the cigarette machine one last time, adjusts his fedora and walks into the delivery room...

• edited December 2014

"It'll make sounds you've probably never heard before" - that would be AMAZING, but though the demo videos are great as tutorials, they aren't really selling the app to me. I need to hear the sounds I've never heard before, or at least a decent demo of what else it can do. It's not a cheap app, I've already got Turnado, I might be able to run it on my iPad2 if I switch everything else off and only run one reverb...come on...SELL me the things I've never heard and I might take a chance I'll be able to use it in an AB chain into GarageBand!

This is where Doug does a better job than the marketing departments. I guess I'll have to wait to see what he comes up with, or cave in after reading the reviews on here.

• FYI, I didn't find it per search in the Appstore, but was able to download it through the link further up...(hands wrangling, waiting for the download to finish, wet palms and all..)

• @animal said:

FYI, I didn't find it per search in the Appstore, but was able to download it through the link further up...(hands wrangling, waiting for the download to finish, wet palms and all..)

Nor me, I was only able to find it by clicking the link via the Audiobus list of compatible apps. I guess the store takes a while to index their stuff.

• edited December 2014

@monzo said:

"It'll make sounds you've probably never heard before" - that would be AMAZING, but though the demo videos are great as tutorials, they aren't really selling the app to me. I need to hear the sounds I've never heard before, or at least a decent demo of what else it can do. It's not a cheap app, I've already got Turnado, I might be able to run it on my iPad2 if I switch everything else off and only run one reverb...come on...SELL me the things I've never heard and I might take a chance I'll be able to use it in an AB chain into GarageBand!

Im just trying to edit the vid of Adrian making some crazy obnoxious sounds with the thing. It will be up shortly!

• @NOIISE, Great release, just had it pumping with Z3ta, really cool stuff, thanks.

• @NOIISE, I was just gonna ask if there were any vids with Adrian playing with it! Thanks

• @monzo said:

This is where Doug does a better job than the marketing departments. I guess I'll have to wait to see what he comes up with, or cave in after reading the reviews on here.

I agree - interface looks amazing, love the tweakability of parameters/automation/sequencer ... i'm sure the effects sound very very good at the least - but I have a few apps that I think will get me in the same ballpark (Effectism, etc). So I too would love to hear some guitar or synth loops being totally mangled and/or transformed with this. (I'm sure it's an amazing app and I'll one day pick it up anyways though...)

• Driving a wave with midi through SpectrumGen using only one bar can produce some amazing transformations on your sound. If you're into Frippertronics, there are some presets that really fit the bill. It can really suck the juice from your cpu so you'll definitely need to become familiar with how to make adjustments with the app and your presets so you don't overload it. I'll have to try it on the other iPads to see how they do. Using an iPad Air 2.

• @supadom, it's worth every penny, I'm in the UK, it's in store. I'm going to have to use this live!

• edited December 2014

@Paulinko said:

If you're into Frippertronics, there are some presets that really fit the bill. It can really suck the juice from your cpu so you'll definitely need to become familiar with how to make adjustments with the app and your presets so you don't overload it.

I love Frippertronics, I've been a long time fan of Adrian too. Bit concerned about the juiciness, so will be good to hear how an iPad2 owner gets on. I love that Robert Fripp guitar sound though - saw an iFretless guitar demo where the guy had a very Frippy sound. I bet iFretless going through this new app would sound lush. Probably melt my device though...and my brain...

• i think the fine tune needs a fine tuner :) very hard to dial in a bpm, but this app takes the title of ambitious app of the year. There is allot going on here and my iPad 3 is laughing quite hardily at me. I think I'm probably going to use this as a processor more for my instruments from the outside of my iPad rather than the ones on the inside. I'm quite impressed for someone who doesn't know what they are doing with this yet.

question, when using this via IAA there is a white circle button between the stop/play button and the rewind/back icon, what is that button for is that a record button or what, this is in the top left hand corner after you hit the IAA button.?

• @kobamoto said:

i think the fine tune needs a fine tuner :) very hard to dial in a bpm, but this app takes the title of ambitious app of the year. There is allot going on here and my iPad 3 is laughing quite hardily at me. I think I'm probably going to use this as a processor more for my instruments from the outside of my iPad rather than the ones on the inside. I'm quite impressed for someone who doesn't know what they are doing with this yet.

question, when using this via IAA there is a white circle button between the stop/play button and the rewind/back icon, what is that button for is that a record button or what, this is in the top left hand corner after you hit the IAA button.?

Just a tip, if you double-tap the fine tuner you can enter the number manually.

IAA - the order of buttons is 'play/pause', 'record', 'rewind to start'. So yes, thats the record button. Which IAA host are you using?

• Hi Nick - Any way to manually enter a BPM? That's a bit touchy to get an exact BPM in there, from what I've discovered so far.

• edited December 2014

beautiful re: the tempo, thank you.

I'm using the impc pro, works flawlessly but just can't take everything I'd like it to do.
    must resample judiciously ;)

• This is a SoundCloud demo for FLUX:FX using Different Drummer to drive SpectrumGen via midi with the one bar preset and send midi clock to FLUX:FX using the Filter Loop preset in the Beautiful Noiise preset bank in FLUX:FX. The beginning and ending sections are the dry signal. In the middle section I turned on the effects and got some Frippertronics type sounds going by wiggling a finger in SpectrumGen.

• @Seangarland said:

Hi Nick - Any way to manually enter a BPM? That's a bit touchy to get an exact BPM in there, from what I've discovered so far.

This is on our list! We are working on making it a bit easier to input tempo. One thing to know, if you longtap and swipe away from the tempo area, it gets a bit easier to finetune [same with all controls in the app].

• @Paulinko said:

This is a SoundCloud demo for FLUX:FX using Different Drummer to drive SpectrumGen via midi with the one bar preset and send midi clock to FLUX:FX using the Filter Loop preset in the Beautiful Noiise preset bank in FLUX:FX. The beginning and ending sections are the dry signal. In the middle section I turned on the effects and got some Frippertronics type sounds going by wiggling a finger in SpectrumGen.

>

awesome!

• @NOIISE said:

@Seangarland said:

Hi Nick - Any way to manually enter a BPM? That's a bit touchy to get an exact BPM in there, from what I've discovered so far.

This is on our list! We are working on making it a bit easier to input tempo. One thing to know, if you longtap and swipe away from the tempo area, it gets a bit easier to finetune [same with all controls in the app].

isn't this what he was talking about "Just a tip, if you double-tap the fine tuner you can enter the number manually."

• @kobamoto said:

@NOIISE said:

@Seangarland said:

isn't this what he was talking about "Just a tip, if you double-tap the fine tuner you can enter the number manually."

@kobamoto - this is for an individual parameter, but for the global BPM it doesnt work the same way yet unfortunately [as it is a tap tempo, you cant use 'double tap'].

• edited December 2014

@NOIISE said:

@Seangarland said:

Great, thanks. Maybe a "touch and hold" that brings up a manual entry option?

• oh ok I understand now, yeah I def the global temp is tricky, I love how this app lends itself to experimentation, it really puts you in that vibe.

• Just purchased.. Just trying out a few presets and glanced at the cpu meter and it showed 60 to 70% in the red then when I randomly selected another preset, Shock & Horror it showed 167% in the red. Thought this was an impossibility now I'm concerned that I may cause damage to my expensive iPad 4 running latest ios8 with all my 100's of apps. Can someone put my mind at rest!

• @Seangarland said:

Great, thanks. Maybe a "touch and hold" that brings up a manual entry option?

Yes thats the most likely interaction we will go with. For some reason we had to take it out again as it caused issues - ive forgotten why exactly.

• @Ambidance said:

Just purchased.. Just trying out a few presets and glanced at the cpu meter and it showed 60 to 70% in the red then when I randomly selected another preset, Shock & Horror it showed 167% in the red. Thought this was an impossibility now I'm concerned that I may cause damage to my expensive iPad 4 running latest ios8 with all my 100's of apps. Can someone put my mind at rest!

Definitely no damage. The meter is an aggregation of all the activity on all the cores in the iPad, and it can go above 100%. It is there to show when CPU usage spikes occur [even though we have good protection against that]. When it is consistently above 100% then expect the app to struggle! Occasional reds will be fine.

• Thanks for putting my mind @ rest as I am thoroughly enjoying this app, it's interface and quality of sound. A great piece of work. I presume I can delete some of the factory presets so I don't have anymore nasty surprises. Thanks for responding so quickly I like to support Dev's that care about their Customers. All the best