Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MultiTrack DAW

Has anyone herd anything about MTD lately

Comments

• Nope. I used to use it years ago but other apps have long surpassed its feature set. It's one of the few multitrack apps that's universal, but BM2 is a better option, IMO.

• I used to use it also, but use Cubasis now, I was just doing some clean up on my iPAD so I was just curious

• Aside from Auria, it is only other app that can record 24 bit so gotta give it props for that but yeah, i havent been putting a lot of mileage on it these days either

• The dev is hoping to update Multitrack DAW next month, I know this because I emailed him. I love the simplicity of this app, it's rock solid and has never let me down. Yeah, it doesn't have a lot of knobs and whistles but what it does have is 24 track 24 bit (if you need it) recording that lets you keep half your brain on the music you're playing rather than the technical stuff getting in the way.

• I hope pwnified doesn't go over the top with the update. The beauty of MTDaw was it's simplicity imo. A LOT of other apps could take some cues. Auria is one that could certainly benefit from some hover menus like they implemented in MTDaw. All fo that being said, I don't record into it anymore really either. Still have very found memories of when i did, though. Their customer service/forum was my first experience with truly great customer support too.

• edited May 2013

I hate those hover menus. Pretty much why I stopped using MTD. Different strokes, I guess.

• I hate the hover menus also , that was main reason for me not using it. To edit stuff was always a pain

• Yeah, I know there were a ton of folks out there who hated those menus, which I was always stumped by. I miss the heck out of them in Auria where I have to go to a menu and click then navigate a dropdown list. Would love to be able to hover and have split/join/copy/paste available. Speeds up the workflow a lot imo. Definitely different strokes.

• Somebody please tell this update will have some automation. I would give up Auria if MTD had automation for volume & pan cause its much easier to use!

• I think the problem with the hover menus in MT is the delay. Too long.

Also, sometimes a fella just wants a mixer view.

• Would someone from MTD say something.

• I should mention that I like the context menus in MT and agree that auria could use something similar. They just take to long to show up!

• I like the MT hover menus too, once I get used to them after not having used it for a while. I tend to use MT Daw as a kind of field recorder when I am out and about or at friends. It's fast and easy to set up. Plus the app is tiny - 13 MB!

• I don't know if he monitors the forum over here regularly, but I'm sure if you posted over at his forum;

http://forum.harmonicdog.com/

You'd get a reply to whatever you ask. He's very responsive to his users there.

• edited March 2014

• Major attraction of MTD is it is very light on CPU resources. Good for recording a live mix with some sources coming in via multichannel USB and some from internal synths. Not been able to get the latter stable doing this with Auria on my iPad 3 yet. Then you can move the MTD tracks over to Auria or Cubase for the mix-down.