Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thumbjam sounds wanted - didgeridoo and Great Highland Bagpipe

Preferably free, does anyone know of sounds I can import into Thumbjam of didgeridoo and Great Highland Bagpipe?

I was playing with my newly purchased TJ app last night and noticed they have a collection of small pipes and Uillean (sp?) pipes. They even have a section for the drones, which is really sweet. I was hoping that someone, somewhere knew where to get GHB sounds. My mother's favorite Welsh tune on the bagpipe was Suo Gan, and I'd like to try and recreate it via my new IOS app.

(former bagpiper here, and none of the apps I've found do justice in playability that TJ and other IOS dedicated apps seem to have - even if they have some of the sounds)

The request for didgeridoo is simply because I find it very cool. I've already found a few samples on the inter webs that I've loaded into Samplr and made some really cool beats, but I think it would be an ideal instrument to play through TJ.

Comments

• Yeah! Somebody share a dig!

• I love those pipes and the drones. Scale = Mixolydian in D.

• I actually have some didgeridoo samples cooking in the oven, thanks for reminding me! They are a bit tricky to make into a realistic instrument due to their continuous (yet variable) nature, but I'll give them a shot.

As for HBP, I haven't managed to source any I can distribute yet, but check out Michael Eskin's apps if you haven't yet http://www.tradlessons.com/apps.html
    He supplied me with the Uilleann samples and has the best pipe midi interface apps. He has a few apps with good highland pipes but he's licensing them from a 3rd party, and currently his apps don't support audiobus/IAA (I think he's working on that). I'm always on the lookout for an opportunity to sample some.

• @sonosaurus How are things coming along with the reworking of the sampling capabilities/UI of Thumbjam?

• I've just got Thumbjam
    What is the sample rate etc for importing?
    And
    How to make sample sustain as long as key is held down ?
    i.e. Can you import as a loop and make an instrument from that ?
    When I try to import a loop as a sample from Audioshare it says unable to import.

• Oh I see ...mono.
    Ok.imports from Audioshare but does not allow Latched Mode option ...

• edited July 2015

did i know these samples @jesse ;-)
    if you need others....told.

g
    t

• Those eskin pipes are awesome. Bought them all instantly. Very lovely.

• @dblonde said:
    Those eskin pipes are awesome. Bought them all instantly. Very lovely.

There were a lot of apps to choose from, some of them seemed a duplicate of others! And I'm finding that there are apps he makes that seem to be available in other iTunes regions but not in the US. I wonder if it is a licensing issue or something. Anyway I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I have absolutely no idea which ones to get.

What I want to do is trigger bagpipe drones and chanter sounds from another app like Thumbjam. Then I am going to import those sounds into Samplr for live performance -- since I'm terrible at keeping on the beat and Samplr helps me do that!!

• edited July 2015

You want the one called World of Bagpipes at: http://www.tradlessons.com/apps.html#bagpipes
    But it doesn't have midi in, or audiobus, so you'll have to sample it out to another device manually.

• @sonosaurus said:
    You want the one called World of Bagpipes at: http://www.tradlessons.com/apps.html#bagpipes
    But it doesn't have midi in, or audiobus, so you'll have to sample it out to another device manually.

It is taking some great effort including taking sounds off the iPad onto my Mac and then reimporting it, but so far so good. Since I purchased the app you recommended and will not be performing it for anyone but myself I'm ok using the sounds from the bagpipe app. So far so good, next up is learning how to make an instrument... because getting custom instruments set up in TJ is a real PITA, truth be told!!!

Either that or I'll forget about it and just use raw samplr, not decided yet.