Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis Minisampler Tutorial for iPad, Making Great Samples

Comments

• Nice video!

I still do find it a chore to 'clean-up' after a long sampling session, many files to delete one by one... :)

• Nice video Doug - great sampler, starting to wish I'd gone for Cubasis rather than Auria now. Really straightforward, and love the quick ADSR editor.

• @Samu yeah that is a pain, multiple select would be cool. On another note, although the sampler does not do layering yet a good way round this would be to build several instrument in the normal DAW interface all playing the same notes, if you using midi for this it's very quick, so for instance you could have 8 tracks built up just playing the same notes, then mix that down to a wave file then use that in the sampler

• @thesoundtestroom Yepp, layering works pretty good when using multiple tracks, and if a filter is needed the Cubasis filter-effect can be automated too :)

I do miss the option to transpose and fine-tune the root-note.

It would also be good if we could 'copy' or 'reference' a note that already contains a sample as this would make it easy to have the same sample play at different pitches or maybe in reverse or even play a different portion of the sample without using additional memory. Every sample we record or import is copied and contained within the 'instrument'. The samples used to create an Instrument can safely be removed from the Media Bay.

Another option that would come in handy is that when removing a 'recorded sample' from an instrument it should also be possible to directly 'delete/move to trash' the sample from 'Media Bay/My Samples'. Now the program only notifies that the sample is still available in the Media Bay...

Time-Stretching would also be nice to see in a the future as it would give new life to the loops included with Cubasis :)

I've done my best to give Steinberg some hints about potential new features by mention them to @LFS Lars.

• Thanks for making this video.I only played for a few minutes with the mini sampler and was thinking it was too limited and gave up,but after watching this video i realized its more usefull then i thought.Ready to build my own instruments now.Thanks

• I think the sampler will exponentially get better as I use it.

At first I was like -- this is just like the Garage Band thingy.

Then I started to do some other things and realized this could help eliminate a lot of other steps and/or apps for me.

I am envisioning entire instrument sample instruments. For instance, one could easily load an entire page worth of Launchpad sounds into 1 instrument. That would be cool as hell. With IAA effects and this sampler, much fun to be had. It will just take some time to come up with some ingenious ways of implementing it into my workflow.

• I just spoke to Tim over at Discchord and he is only getting audio on the right channel, only in this video, I have checked here on all my devices and computers and TV, also asked some friends to check, also no one has mentioned it elsewhere and all is fine with the sound, is anyone getting only one channel of audio here? Thanks

• Let you know once I get home.

• Both channels working for me on ios8.3 air 1... Useful tutorial too:)

• @thesoundtestroom

Both channels work for me Doug, but the sound appears to be panned about 60%-70% to the right. I'm not sure if you accidentally adjusted something when recording/exporting this video. Do you still have the video project backed up? You may wanna tweak the master audio settings a little bit.

The good news is, great work as always! Keep 'em coming.

• Yeah I noticed the slight pan issue, but at least it in both channels, Tim thinks it may be YT cache system in Chicago, so if anyone else is there maybe a quick listen there too, thanks guys

• edited July 2015

Is it only 16 bit? It seems to be downsampling the samples I load into it.

• Thanks Sir Doug. Appreciated the lesson.

• Great demo, this looks to be a fine tool, a nice balance between being powerful enough without being too complicated.

• Thanks Doug. Great video as always. Didn't think I wanted or needed a sampler till I watched this. Looks cool.