Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

haQ VLog 18 – Working on Thor presets

In this video blog I am telling you about a preset project I am doing using Thor by Propellerhead Software​. You'll also be treated to a pre-listen of a few hand picked presets. :)

Thor #haqvlog #haqattaq

http://thesoundtestroom.com/haq-vlog-18-working-on-thor-presets/

Comments

• Love the presets Jakob. One in particular, bell quest, will slip nicely into a track I'm working on. Thor is my favourite synth app. It sounds like nothing else out there. Keep us posted and let us know when those presets are available. Much appreciated.

• I get dizzy from the 'hunting autofocus', but over all it's a nice video, looking forward to the presets...

The 'Final Fantasy' preset was quite nice :D

• @AndyE I'll try to finish these presets ASAP as I wouldn't want to hinder your creativity. ;)

• Are there any Zed presets floating around?

I cannot believe that Zed is not more popular. Me thinks it is amazing.

• edited July 2015

@Samu Yeah I am really sorry about the auto-focus. I re-recorded this session about ten times before I was happy with it. I always turn of auto-focus but it seems I missed doing so for the last take.

I only realized it when watching this ep on the TV screen. I always edit my eps on the iPhone and it wasn't showing that well on my tiny screen. :(

• edited July 2015

@jakoB_haQ Don't worry, It's a cool video as allways and your facial expressions make them even more entertaining :)

• @RustiK I haven't gotten Zed synth yet. It came out when I was still refusing to update from iOS7 to iOS8 and Zed synth is iOS8 only.

But I'm happy you reminded me, I'll go get Zed right away, it looks and sounds awesome and I was planning on getting it anyway. :)

• @Samu You're to kind! :)

• @jakoB_haQ said:
    RustiK I haven't gotten Zed synth yet. It came out when I was still refusing to update from iOS7 to iOS8 and Zed synth is iOS8 only.

But I'm happy you reminded me, I'll go get Zed right away, it looks and sounds awesome and I was planning on getting it anyway. :)

Same deal here.

I just updated to IOS8 for the Darwin feature on Gadget.

I just remembered and got Zed it this weekend.

FUCK ME!

Shit is wicked. Mad knobs and parameters. Let alone some of the best sound I have heard to date as far as volume and clarity. NAVE quality sound.

There is a lot there. I was going to strip down to an init and put some time in this week.

Peace out

• @jakoB_haQ No probs...

Once you get started with ZedSynth it's hard to stop. It's pretty complex versatile and takes time to get used to.

I really do like the 'Tube-Oscillators' and Mallet+Resonator. The Tube Oscillator is capable of some very, very nice PWM stuff. I can still easily 'loose my self in time' jamming with one patch I made back when ZED-Synth was released...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7548740/Synth%20-%20SID-Lead%2B.zpatch

(Just use 'Open In...' and select ZEDSynt to import the patch, it was a bit tricky to get it out from ZEDSynth as there is no export patch feature)

• @Samu said:
    jakoB_haQ No probs...

Once you get started with ZedSynth it's hard to stop. It's pretty complex versatile and takes time to get used to.

I really do like the 'Tube-Oscillators' and Mallet+Resonator. The Tube Oscillator is capable of some very, very nice PWM stuff. I can still easily 'loose my self in time' jamming with one patch I made back when ZED-Synth was released...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7548740/Synth%20-%20SID-Lead%2B.zpatch

(Just use 'Open In...' and select ZEDSynt to import the patch, it was a bit tricky to get it out from ZEDSynth as there is no export patch feature)

Thanks brother!!!

I freaking love this app. And it is on the IPhone so I can jam at the gym or in the car.

Did they change the UI on this?

• Regarding ZED-Synth. Since I'm on 'jailed' iOS8.4 iPad Air 2 the only way to get the patches out from the app is to mail them to oneself. Even when it was possible to dig-out the patches using iFunBox they were hidden pretty deep inside the app-bundle...

Patch-Export/Management is/was? one of the planned features for a future update of ZED-Synt. Hopefully we'll see an update some day...

Even though ZED-Synth may have limited number of 'modulators'(Velocity, Note-Number, Mod. Wheel, Aftertouch, Amp. Envelope, Filter Envelope, Mod. Envelope, LFO1 & LFO2) they can modulate just about everything and midi-learn can be assigned to just about everything too...

The 'Init' patch takes some time to 'clean' so it's a good idea to save a custom Init-Patch...
    ZED-Synth deserves more attention, it really is quite unique :)

• edited July 2015

@Samu loving the SID-patch, precisely my kind of poison! :)

@RustiK Yeah just noticed the universal compatibility too. I'm playing the patch from @Samu on the subway to work. :)

• @jakoB_haQ Thanks, feel free to modify it as much as you like :)

I've since the initial version added some velocity sensivity to adjust attack time and some other minor performance adjustments.

ZED-Synth uses quite a bit of CPU, on my 1st gen iPad mini I got maximum 1-3 voices after turning off oversampling and a few other things on the SID patch, on the Air 2 one still needs to keep an eye on the CPU sometimes :D

One thing to note is that time flies past very fast when messing with ZED...