Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Oh My.. Beatstep Pro inbound, what apps support multiple midi channels?

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/07/03/arturia-beatstep-pro-hands-on-demo/

This thing looks amazing!

I'm about to order one but was wondering what apps can support multiple midi channels to make use of the capabilities of this beast?

Nabostudio? Bm2? Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• @anickt said:
    iM1

Nice! Great :)

Any others? Want to build up a list of apps

• The upcoming 'Patterning' supports multi midi channels

• Bs-16i, Soundfont Pro, Roland SoundCanvas iOS, Thumbjam, Cubasis, Multitrack Studio.

• @Carnbot said:
    Attack

Thanks!

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Bs-16i, Soundfont Pro, Roland SoundCanvas iOS, Thumbjam, Cubasis, Multitrack Studio.

Awesome.. Thanks for those :)

• @gsm909 said:
    The upcoming 'Patterning' supports multi midi channels

Cool, I wouldn't have guessed that from the interface but if it can than that's very interesting :)

• @yug said:
    Multitimbral iOS instruments: http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/134273/

Perfect! Thanks

• iMpc pro? Anyone know if this support multi in?

• @Buska said:
    iMpc pro? Anyone know if this

support multi in?

Just checked, no such luck

• I wish ims20 would be

• @Goozoon said:
    I wish ims20 would be

Apparently is according to posts in the link above?

• Can not wait to get the beat step pro.

• My fault :-(

• iMS20 runs its synth and drum sounds on separate channel each. As does iPolySix.

You can drop the '?' on nanoStudio. It is mulltitimbral too.

• You could sequence Effectrix via midi notes in the AB FX slot too.

• @knewspeak said:
    You could sequence Effectrix via midi notes in the AB FX slot too.

Ok.. Very cool!

• @syrupcore said:
    Can not wait to get the beat step pro.

Using it primarily with iPad or hardware?

• edited July 2015

Both. I'm thinking of it largely as a drum machine brain with benefits.

One of my favorite uses for the current one is to program arps or sequences into my SH-101 directly and then using the BS as a gate source to vary the rhythm of the melody. Lots and lots of mileage from a four note arpeggio! I'll be able to use a drum track on the new version for that, keeping the melodic tracks available for other synths. Sweet.

Been looking forward to it since the announcement. They basically addressed every single issue I had with the original and went way beyond what I was hoping for. I do hope they come out with a new version of the original (at the same price point) with a few of the usability enhancements from this model.

Running a sequencer like this into SPA at super slow tempos is just great.

Need to sell some stuff, including the original beat step before I can justify buying it. Hoping to pick up another little mono as well. Something along the lines of the MeeBlip.

• @syrupcore said:
    Both. I'm thinking of it largely as a drum machine brain with benefits.

One of my favorite uses for the current one is to program arps or sequences into my SH-101 directly and then using the BS as a gate source to vary the rhythm of the melody. Lots and lots of mileage from a four note arpeggio! I'll be able to use a drum track on the new version for that, keeping the melodic tracks available for other synths. Sweet.

Been looking forward to it since the announcement. They basically addressed every single issue I had with the original and went way beyond what I was hoping for. I do hope they come out with a new version of the original (at the same price point) with a few of the usability enhancements from this model.

Running a sequencer like this into SPA at super slow tempos is just great.

Need to sell some stuff, including the original beat step before I can justify buying it. Hoping to pick up another little mono as well. Something along the lines of the MeeBlip.

Awesome man, thanks for the explanation. Some cool insights

• @gsm909 said:
    The upcoming 'Patterning' supports multi midi channels

To clarify : Patterning can output MIDI notes on multiple channels. Not sure if that's something that is useful for the beat step! But if beat step can send or receive MIDI clock sync Patterning will be a good match!

• I was really excited about Beatstep Pro until I found out the sequencers (non-drum) are mono-only. Sticking with the MPC1000.

• @CalCutta said:
    I was really excited about Beatstep Pro until I found out the sequencers (non-drum) are mono-only. Sticking with the MPC1000.

Yeah, I'm planning to keep my MMT-8 for poly stuff (or an iPad app) and just sync them both.The original BeatStep required a USB clock source in order to put it in slave mode where as the BSP will sync to almost anything. The BSP is definitely 'what it is'. I just happen to be interested in what it is. :) I'm particularly looking forward to x0x style drum programing.

• Powering it for use with an iPad seems tricky. That splitter cable doesn't do it, the iPad gives a warning. So you have to use a powered hub?

• @Ringleader said:
    Powering it for use with an iPad seems tricky. That splitter cable doesn't do it, the iPad gives a warning. So you have to use a powered hub?

Ugh, that's a bummer. Not surprising though, considering the amount going on.

• edited July 2015

@syrupcore said:
    Ugh, that's a bummer. Not surprising though, considering the amount going on.

I just unboxed the thing and was surprised that it didn't power like this. I will have to do some more experimenting but yeah what a pain if you have to drag a hub around just for that.

• I hear you. Maybe they'll sort out a low power mode eventually. The BS1 works fine but this is another beast. 4 LEDs and something like 60 lighted buttons plus all of the stuff it actually does... I don't see how it could possibly drive all of that CV even with a desktop USB connection to be honest.

• edited July 2015

To clarify I wasn't expecting it to run on iPad bus power. I am feeding it all the power it needs to power up (5v @2.1A actually) through this special splitter cable (included with the BSP), and once it is powered up, I connect it to the iPad and still get a power message. Can anyone else confirm this? Seems so odd that it wouldn't work to be powered this way.