Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Seline Redux Synthesizer 3.0

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id976613675?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

This is really quite good and free for now, midi out etc
IAPs but not sure if you can import sounds

• Advanced CrystalClarity HD sound engine
  • ioGrid 2.0 - ergonomically designed playing surface
  • 30 factory instruments, 6 drones, 8 drumloops
  • More than 1 GB of instruments are available for purchase
  • Easy note-to-note pitch bends and velocity/filter controls
  • Playing expressive, soulful melodies has never been so easy before
  • Automatic backing track - drones (chorded pads) generation
  • Support of playing drumloops for overdubbing or just having fun
  • Instant transposition controls, A/B setup switching
  • 4 FX: Grand Stereo Reverb, Dub Delay, Filter, Lush Chorus
  • MeloDist - Advanced "singing distortion" feature
  • 30 included scales + custom scale creation
  • Record to .WAV/.M4A/MIDI, overdub, file manager
  • Find your recorded files in iTunes / Apps / Seline Ultimate page
  • Full MIDI compatibility (Record to file/Hardware/Virtual)
  • Advanced File Manager
  • Audiobus2

Comments

• Well it does sound pleasant!

• I used to have Seline Ultimate when it was Amidio, I had all the IAPs which are the same as the new ones, so I just tried to download one for 79p, and I think it charged me for it, I think this because I never got a pop up telling me I had already purchased the pack, which I have when it was Seline Ultimate, just be aware that if you owned the old version and all the content then you may have to pay again for this, that's fucking scandalous if it's true

• Nice sounds but it's not a synth..

• edited July 2015

@thesoundtestroom said:
    I used to have Seline Ultimate when it was Amidio, I had all the IAPs which are the same as the new ones, so I just tried to download one for 79p, and I think it charged me for it, I think this because I never got a pop up telling me I had already purchased the pack, which I have when it was Seline Ultimate, just be aware that if you owned the old version and all the content then you may have to pay again for this, that's fucking scandalous if it's true

Yea you need to buy all the sounds again. I think the best thing to do here for the new dev, that acquired the code when the old Amidio disappeared, is to "update" Seline Ultimate one last time, and remove audiobus. It's still the same instrument as before, sounds just as good etc, but the AB initializing error pop up needs to be gone, and audiobus removed completely

Edit: If it's still even available at all on the AppStore anymore, which it probably isn't...So disregard all the mumbling. Gotta love IAPs.

• Yeah I bought the stuff for this also way back when. As an app, it was an 'almost but not quite' thing. Installed it, deleted it, installed it, deleted it. Irritating to think that it will now be 'revitalized' but not for the original buyers unless they want to be new buyers. Business, I guess. Would have to hear about some significant improvements to make me turn my face back towards it....

• have always loved this thing! well, the first version... ultimate was noisy, glitchy, and didn't work well for me in audiobus. in testing today on ipad mini 2, ios 8.4, seline redux was smooth and solid in ab - had split off drone output only and was running it through crystalline. sounded great. ui has some nice modern tweaks for applying fx. visited dev's site/blog a few minutes ago, he noted the whole system was full of noise that he's trying to reduce. seemed quiet here, but old ears are applying their own special eq. also seems to be some kind of live analytical sales feed on page. it made me feel happy that i'd already giddily ponied up $3.96 to get some of my original sounds back... (first post here: thanks to all for this delightful and unique forum!)

• This is a different app, I've got Seline Ultimate on my iPad, no update for it, so it's a new app. Kind of makes a mess of it's version history 3 should really be 1?

• Changing the soup without changing the medicine!

Developer knows how to milk it out!

• @Kaikoo said:
    Changing the soup without changing the medicine!

Developer knows how to milk it out!

Milk and Honey, Moooo, Bzzzzzzz!

• @mratto welcome to the sandpit....I have some of those special eq ears, got a bundle deal on them along with this increasingly selective memory :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear thanks for the welcome! and for the most entertaining and enlightening posts.

• Hoping the new dev resurrects hexatone, was one of my favs from amidio, still got the old seline ultimate, but all the sounds disappeared when upgrading to ios 8.

• @mister_rz said:
    Hoping the new dev resurrects hexatone, was one of my favs from amidio, still got the old seline ultimate, but all the sounds disappeared when upgrading to ios 8.

Maybe the developer wanted them, for the new app!

• @knewspeak said:
    Maybe the developer wanted them, for the new app!

Surely they had a backup they could of used, I had quite a collection going, but hey sometimes you have to take one for the team.

• hmmm I'd be annoyed too if I'd already purchased iaps of the old version...
    I'm looking at it more as a useful midi controller, the sounds are quite nice but not really my kind of thing.

• @Carnbot said:
    hmmm I'd be annoyed too if I'd already purchased iaps of the old version...
    I'm looking at it more as a useful midi controller, the sounds are quite nice but not really my kind of thing.

I can see that. Have you got it working well with anything?

• I never had this until today and it sounded good enough for me to purchase a few of the add on packs . I must say this can deliver some real addictive atmosphere in one hell of a hurry. Again it sounds highly pleasant to the ears! I wish I could get more drum variation with perhaps a bass line and variation within the app itself. Perhaps in time, but it is still a great deal of fun and of course ,fun apps that sound great are where I like to be and the price is ridiculously cheap, what's not to like?

• I just looked for the old app and it is no longer in the store and this is free anyway with 99 cent expansions, oh and did I mention just how lovely this thing sounds?

• It does sound very nice, that's why I bought all the SU packs ages ago, I need to play with it a bit more in AB

• iM1 seems to work quite well with it and the arpeggio multi touch is a nice feature, but not sure if I'll use it much to be honest yet as I've got so many other alternatives recently like Firo and Navichord.

The different keyboard layouts are nice and big though, certainly going to come back to this to see if I can use it

• @Carnbot said:
    The different keyboard layouts are nice and big though, certainly going to come back to this to see if I can use it

Yeah, it's the keyboard that got my attention. Will take a look with iM1....thanks.

• Realy some nice sounds in this one, and a great keyboard (Ultimate Ergo) for instant gratification. Excellent "legato key attack on slide" fonction, which added to the use of the volume wheel (and the filter) permits very expressive playing. Easy to construct interesting atmosphere in no time. Some new sound banks are not yet available, I expected one or two forward.

Very happy with the return of this atypical and great sounding app.

• edited July 2015

@thesoundtestroom said:
    It does sound very nice, that's why I bought all the SU packs ages ago, I need to play with it a bit more in AB

Luckily, it was completely free (IAP included) for a short time (2 days).

• Its still free.

• edited July 2015

IAP's are 99 cents.

• Ungh, never giving Amidio another cent of my money, soooo slow with support and updates :(

• I purchased Seline back in 2011 I was disappointed when I discovered that it was broken, removed from the App store. Later when I saw that it had been replaced with a new version, I was hesitant to throw even a couple more dollars at it... but I took a chance and it seems to be all good! I don't know if I agree with some of the interface changes that have been made, but thats another story. for now, Its just good to have this great app back. I emailed the developer and he was very responsive and seems engaged. I look forward to spending some time with it again.

• @murdockscott I mirror your experience here. It was seductive to me when I first got into iOS etc. It feels a little more wonky now, lefter field, but good to hear the dev has got his head back in the game somewhat....

• It's a new guy who took over Amidios music apps. Seems to be gradually updating them.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    It's a new guy who took over Amidios music apps. Seems to be gradually updating them.

I really hope pearl guitar gets more work as it is a fine little app.