Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BEST APP for IPhone (Creativity & Fun)

Besides FIGURE!

TGIF

Comments

• ThumbJam, iKaossilator

• My favorites are: Triqtraq, Sunvox,pixitracker1bit,nanostudio,impaktor,pepp,and all the apesoft

• Cinematic (in landscape mode) by some distance.

• Yes another vote for Ikaossilator, even though so much more could be done by
    Korg with it.

• @firejan82 said:
    ThumbJam, iKaossilator

Agree a lot

Wisk Kaoss had landscape mode on Ipad

• @Tritonman said:
    Yes another vote for Ikaossilator, even though so much more could be done by
    Korg with it

aGREE also LOL

• @pierre said:
    My favorites are: Triqtraq, Sunvox,pixitracker1bit,nanostudio,impaktor,pepp,and all the apesoft

Pepp?

Did you upgrade?

Pixitracker? Never heard of it.

Sunvox - will look at.

Apesoft - On iphone? Will also check out.

• I actually use Thumb Jam to control Alchemy and Sunrizer on IPhone.

Also use Xythsizer to play Drum Jams and Alchemy at once on Iphone

• @Tritonman said:
    Yes another vote for Ikaossilator, even though so much more could be done by
    Korg with it.

iKaossilator really annoys me. Would it really kill Korg's hardware sales to give us volume per track?

• WerkBench for iPhone does not have Audiobus but I love it anyway.

• Pepp is nice to jam with, it s not extremely deep but it's very inspiring
    Pixitracker is confusing at first ( to enter the pitch of each note on the sequencer) but it s wonderful, and extremely fast to come up with interesting tunes, the 1bit version is a MUST have if you like chip tunes ( it's free on desktop, so give it a try)
    Sunvox is (in my opinion)the best Iphone app ( free on the desktop too ) you can use it as a looper, a multi fx, a modular synthetiser (using the sampler to draw your own waveforms !) , all of that a the same time and it can be as simple or as complicated as you want :)
    the apesoft, amazing noises,holderness media and kymatica fx help keeping things interesting too

oh ! i almost forgot, Protein der klang is nice to put all of that together and play live (it s a little bit like the son of loopy and ableton) even if audiobus and iaa seems broken (hope for an update) there's always audiocopy to move things around

• edited July 2015

I like jamming on Soundprism (connected to Animoog) with an iTabla beat in the background, while I'm out and about.

• Good stuff here. I'd add NanoLoop and xynthesizer.

And seekbeats and impaktor.

And Caustic and Shapesynth

• With iKaoscilator, be sure to check out the Loop List view. While its playing, mix things up with different segments from different loops. Try segments with nothing but drum or bass. Cheers

• Depends on style and your taste. I'm too old for beats and prefer more traditional song structures. (James Brown lost me as a listener when he gave up chord changes.) For me, it's gotta be Thumbjam . It's deep, easy to play and sounds great. It would be my desert island app.

• Nanostudio for sketching. I'd like to say caustic but the ui is hideous

The generative apps like noatikl are good on iPhone too

• Caustic, SeekBeats, Pixitracker, TriqTraq

• @pierre said:
    Pepp is nice to jam with, it s not extremely deep but it's very inspiring

Took your tip and despite its limitations (because of?) I put my money on the dresser and had a pleasant hour with this puppy.

• edited July 2015

@pierre etal, +1 for Sunvox. Nerdy fun workflow adds Vividtracker, AudioPaste: build mods in VividTracker from Audiopaste samples, then Open In Sunvox, (sample sounds arrive in separate modules and tracks) for further infinite permutations, world without end, on yer pocket device, fulljoy
    What it is, the phone has everything you'd want. When I think about the synths that are on iPhone, or the studios, or the groove boxes, seriously we live as kings no?

• Another vote for ThumbJam, but I also like strumming away on Guitarism.

• The original impc.

• Pixitracker
    • Caustic
      -Nanostudio
  • Does ThumbJam ever go on sale?

• Every once in a while TJ goes on sale, usually in December around its launch anniversary. If only it was updated more often!

• edited July 2015

I can't believe that people ask for a sale on the best iOS music app ever created ;) That's one of the odd things in the iOS world! At least for me after all this years with iOS i can say that ThumbJam is the best iOS music app (and midi controller) ever. What a gem!
    I would pay 10 times more for this as a kind of MIDI FX in a big DAW.

• The amount of times I've used Thumbjam over the years, outweighed it's cost many times over, a bargain indeed, only one thing I miss though when I use it as a midi controller I just wish I could assign the horizontal, vibrato, shake, gyro to my own CC's.

• @thus said:
    Does ThumbJam ever go on sale?

"A moment later, another man is caught passing the port from left to right. He too has to step out and shoot himself."

• Ripping Yarns, Roger of the Raj
  • @Jocphone said:

• Ripping Yarns, Roger of the Raj

+1 brilliant.

TJ, what can you say? Lazy-ass devs who just sit back with the bonbon bag these days, but Hall of Fame App (and there aren't too many in there).

:)

• Thumbjam is permanently on sale.

• edited July 2015

@syrupcore said:
    Thumbjam is permanently on sale.

So true...in fact it's cheaper than free, you are hemorrhaging cash if you don't buy it.
    Truly this is the app of all the apps I have, that when I put it in the hand of friends family students music immediately happens.

• Musical Discovery: Yellowfier, TriqTraq, NodeBeat, Necklace, DotMelody, Arpist, Arpeggionome, Gestrument.

MustHaves: ThumbJam Xynthesizer, SoundPrismPro, ChordPolyPad