Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sliver is on sale

Don't know how to link to App Store but it is AUD $3.79 which converts to peanuts for the rest of ya

Comments

• Peanuts are getting quite expensive round our way..

• Just like lobsters. Way back when they used to force the indentured staff to eat lobsters every day as a part of their pay here in Maine, people hated them something fierce, like getting squirrels on toast for breakfast every morning, but now they're a luxury.

Have Sliver, never hardly used it, tucked away in this is a bit confusing box. Any champions?

• I will swap mangoes for lobsters..but not for peanuts.
    Sliver is very cool..in a similar vein to Borderlands ... Very powerful .
    I've only spent an hour with it and have scored three sci fi thriller soundtracks with it so far ! The automation of every parameter is great.

• I think it's very good - I should use it more ...

• one of the best texture-creation tool i've ever used...

• Alright....there goes my Friday night.....

• I've been waiting for this one to go on sale! Instabuy!

@JohnnyGoodyear Remember that one loop you sent me? Poor bloke's been mangled to bits by Sliver.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5apgys23m36rfo9/jwm - soundscape 070315-converted.m4a?dl=0

• The video is good. It doesn't look like it is that complicated.

• I bought it when it came out. It's a bit limited - always hoped it'd be developed more but wasn't. Haven't really used it but it ok.

• There is a Reaktor ensemble that's very similar to sliver, vector....can't remember it's exact name, but sliver is excellent, put it in the effect slot, feed it audio....

• @Igneous1 said:
    I think it's very good - I should use it more ...

Same. I always enjoy it when I use it.

• I keep running into this persistent green sliver glitch every time I load up a sample. i can move and resize the sliver, but it automatically reassigns as soon as I let go to a small slice in the first third of the waveform.

iPad mini 2, iOS 8.3 -- any others have this happening?

• Essential app for droners and soundscapers this one!

• I keep meaning to get this- now is the time!

• @knewspeak said:
    There is a Reaktor ensemble that's very similar to sliver, vector....can't remember it's exact name, but sliver is excellent, put it in the effect slot, feed it audio....

You can feed it audio?!

• @dderks said:
    I keep running into this persistent green sliver glitch every time I load up a sample. i can move and resize the sliver, but it automatically reassigns as soon as I let go to a small slice in the first third of the waveform.

iPad mini 2, iOS 8.3 -- any others have this happening?

It sounds like you have automation automating that green sliver. If you load presets they all have automation on. You can clear the automation by selecting Clear, then selecting the green Sliver, or clear it all by long pressing on the Clear button.

Let me know if that solves your issue.

Alex

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    You can feed it audio?!

Yes, if you put it in the effects slot in Audiobus the slivers will be on the live audio feed. Also you can select freeze to freeze the buffer, then save it as an audio file.

• @distraub Thanks for the info/insight.

• @distraub - yessss. awesome. that worked perfectly. it was weird, the preset was loaded from day 1. thx so much. it's such a good app

• I'm having a difficult time trying to get this to work in the live audio feed. I have Cubasis->Sliver->Audioshare (Cubasis plays the live audio feed), and it won't make any sound. At least, it won't make any sound except an ugly loud sound out of the left speaker if that. I've tried some different settings, I've done both opening the apps via Audiobus AND opening them before audiobus, and I can't get it to behave like I expect it to. iPad Air 2 128gb purchased in March. Any help would be appreciated.

• @jwmmakerofmusic
    I'm feeding Magellan into Sliver into Audioshare. It's working ok on air 2 .ios 8.3. Noticed tonight I had to quit and reload audiobus and all apps to get sound happening. Animoog and Alchemy also working with it. It says 'Audiobus Filter' on the waveform in Sliver. Hope this helps.

• The only other thing I can think of is ensuring that 'Play' is pressed in Sliver.

• @Jes said:
    Noticed tonight I had to quit and reload audiobus and all apps to get sound happening.

I have to do that with a lot of apps - Tonestack, iFretless and FLUX for example. Not sure if this is an Audiobus problem or issue with the apps themselves, but becomes a major nightmare when you're trying to setup a couple of Audiobus channels.

• edited July 2015

Don't know where else to put this, but while there are a few on sale my inner skulking appaholic is miffed there weren't some more splashy sales/updates/releases over the holiday...

• @monzo said:

Yes it happens to me a lot in Audiobus as well. Worse is when an app just starts putting out digital distortion and you are scrambling to find which app on which chain is doing it.
    Keeps you on your toes playing live, that's for sure. Although Tonestack has been quite stable for me in Audiobus once it's set up .
    I guess this is a discussion for a different topic. Yet it seems pertinent as AB acts as the glue for countless apps , including Sliver.

• @Jes said:

I wouldn't trust it in a live setup, I get the distorted noises you mentioned as well.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Don't know where else to put this, but while there are a few on sale my inner skulking appaholic is miffed there weren't some more splashy sales/updates/releases over the holiday...

If you've already got Borderlands I think you'd be disappointed with this one.

• edited July 2015

I have Borderland and I'm NOT disappointed with Sliver . I also use Sliver to provide content for Borderland so they both work for me.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:
    I have Borderland and I'm NOT disappointed with Sliver . I also use Sliver to provide content for Borderland so they both work for me.

Interesting - for me Borderlands does pretty much everything Sliver does and more - you can add hotspots to a sample and modify the area to be played and change the pitch. I guess Sliver has the keyboard option to change pitch but that's about it....unless I'm missing something.