Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

We have a new looper....LoopTree!

...that looks quite a bit like loopy masterpiece. Or is it just me?

LoopTree by Coding Cod Ltd
https://appsto.re/gb/It-t8.i

Comments

• Don't know if it's Loopy Masterpiece but it Looks like it is a masterpiece... I like the option to start recording by lifting the finger instead of taping the REC button.

• If it can provide solid master sync for my other live apps I might consider it. Even if I was planning on having 'loopy me' tattooed on my chest at some point this week.

@Gratouilli looking forward to your further impressions.

• New tutorial on recording options

• Has anyone tried this yet? Thoughts?

• Can it be used for looping other apps as well or is that practical?

• I have it. I am testing it for an article. It has its quirks but the developer seems to be pretty open and active to suggestions. It has Audiobus. I have been playing around with looping iM1 and it is working out pretty good.

• @supadom said:

LoopTree by Coding Cod Ltdf

It does look a little like loopy masterpiece. The guy even looks a little like Michael. Lol

• How is its MIDI integration?

• edited July 2015

@boberto I posted this over on another thread.

Copied from the manual. Seems its very limited as of right now.

Enable MIDI control allows you to use MIDI to control the record, toggle and clear track controls. When switched on, LoopTree will respond to notes 36, 37 and 38 on any channel. The easiest way to route the MIDI is using the MidiBridge app in which the LoopTree MIDI destination will show up when the enable MIDI control is switched on.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mVK4Bo-3Dn6uKG71XeliWym26mZwOvusdRIVaYV_jxo/edit#

• @supadom said: Gratouilli looking forward to your further impressions.

I don't have it... It's just what I've seen in their video ;)

• edited July 2015

I do not understand how this is working with Audiobus if there aint any record button in any app using it as output.
    Am i doing something wrong here ? Or isnt it really Audiobus usable to record a short Instrument loop ?
    All i see is the LT Icon inside other apps with nada happening even if Monitor is activated.
    If i load up Loopy as output i do have a Record function inside any Audiobus compatible App.
    Using IPAD Mini and IPAD Air with IOS 8.3 here.

• It only really works in the foreground

But you have another app playing in the background and press record at the right second then you can record it

• woof. this wasn't really ready for prime time beyond the design and the basic functionality of recording, looping and adding effects. AB recording is nearly non existent (recording bkg audio at the right moment isn't AB integration to me). crashes with Audioshare sample import. beat repeat waveform navigation is imprecise.

I know it'll get better and my $7 will be worth it, but this is feeling regrettable at this phase of development.

that design, doe. looks excellent.

• I figured out that the audio needs to be 44.1k Wav files to import, Not sure if there is a size or length limit.

• Thanks, @dderks. I'll hold out for a bit (though more early adopters may equal more active development).

I mentioned it above but it can't really be understated: @michael, at least at seems from this side of the app store, has spent an enormous amount of time/thought/energy refining the core looping experience. Loopy level fluidity across so many usage scenarios doesn't happen overnight and certainly not in a 1.0. I hope the dev keeps at it because this looks like a great app. There's room on my iOS devices for 10 drum machines—there's certainly room for two loopers.

I hope you'll leave an honest yet encouraging review on the app store.

• @syrupcore said:
    Thanks, dderks. I'll hold out for a bit (though more early adopters may equal more active development).

I mentioned it above but it can't really be understated: michael, at least at seems from this side of the app store, has spent an enormous amount of time/thought/energy refining the core looping experience. Loopy level fluidity across so many usage scenarios doesn't happen overnight and certainly not in a 1.0. I hope the dev keeps at it because this looks like a great app. There's room on my iOS devices for 10 drum machines—there's certainly room for two loopers.

I hope you'll leave an honest yet encouraging review on the app store.

Well said. Wonder what Michael makes of it....

• Exactly my thoughts @syrupcore. It's been years with loopy and it definitely shows. The ui is simple but the under the hood functionality goes well beyond that. Midi sync and bindings being two of those things.

Masterpiece is going to be a monster.

• Thanks for weighing in on LoopTree. It really helps to hear all your feedback. We just posted an update video that talks about where we've come from and hopefully will provide a good base for talking about how to take it forwards:

• @supadom said:

LoopTree by Coding Cod Ltd

So, it is like Loopy?

Is that basically what this is?

• I haven't got a clue @RustiK i don't own it. I was mostly commenting some graphic aspects. As mentioned above there's more to loopy that meets the eye. Let's see how this develops though. It's good to have the developer listening in.

• Welcome @CodingCod. Great to have you here.

• @CodingCod, that video was a phenomenal clarifier. I'd love to see a video of your workflow with LoopTree and your piano.

App development is insanely hard and we appreciate your work. getting an idea that is new to you down into a beautiful UI is impressive enough -- now that I better understand your perspective on "LoopTree" in the foreground," I also better understand that 1.0's are to solicit feedback as to how it will best make sense for everyone.

• edited July 2015

also, @CodingCod, threshold recording would be a cool addition to the process

• @CodingCod Thanks for the video and for coming by. Interesting idea and it makes sense (to me) that for everyone who might want to use it for live performance there are likely a hundred of us who want to enjoy what it might have to offer 'behind the scenes'.

• @dderks said:
    CodingCod, that video was a phenomenal clarifier. I'd love to see a video of your workflow with LoopTree and your piano.

Agreed, on both. The video pushed me off the fence.

• @dderks Thanks for the encouragement. @syrupcore Never comfortable being on a fence for too long!

• edited July 2015

Guys, how do I gift an app to someone if I already bought I myself?
    Or could I use it on her iPhone if I buy it?

• @Musikman4Christ said:

Guys, how do I gift an app to someone if I already bought I myself?
    Or could I use it on her iPhone if I buy it?

If you log into your account in the AppStore on the iPhone using your account details you should be able to download it on to that phone, then log back on the other account.

• That's awesome!
    Just got my daughter an iPhone and she has been using vocal live for so long on her iPod touch. I think she'll love the looping idea.

• One thing is for sure. Users always wander off the developers' intent. With involvement like this the App can evolve and expand to keep up with us. Thanks @CodingCod!