Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Music First Impressions

What are your fist impressions? I like it although I'm kinda pissed they got rid of a lot of their music videos from older artists. Good thing I bought some when I had iTunes. I like how they ported a lot of features from the desktop to the iPad. Connect is really cool.

What do you think?

Comments

• for some reason I can't explain ... I have zero interest in checking this out. I'm sure I will one day down the road - but not at all excited or interested right now.

• I love it.
    I used to have a Spotify account with a Polish PayPal account because they're not available in Romania and Polish Spotify was the cheapest in Europe.

Now, Apple Music is directly available at the same price, and it's actually nicer. Take my money now

• Eager to try it once they have Sonos support. Until then it bores me to tears.

• edited June 2015

@ Diode108 Here ya go. You'll be able to listen to your favorite Taylor Swift albums in high fidelity.

https://fortune.com/2015/06/29/apple-music-sonos/

BTW Taylor is at the top of Apple Music's streaming page. I wonder why?

• Yeah, I know, by the end of 2015, they say.

• I had my dream come true when I opened up Apple music and saw all of my Beats playlists and library merged with my iTunes purchases since 2003. And iTunes Match with my rare CDs and records not available in iTunes were also merged. One ring to rule them all. :-)

• Is there a charge for using iTunes match? That might make it more interesting for me.

• @ Martygras Only $25 a year. You upload you music to Apple's servers and it is merged with the new streamed and old iTunes music.

• That's reasonable. Thx.

• I have three ipads with the same ID can i hear apple music at the same time? Or is like spotify only one streaming.

• edited July 2015

@Aphex said:
    I have three ipads with the same ID can i hear apple music at the same time? Or is like spotify only one streaming.

For$5 you can add 5 more IDs to your account. So you would just sign into each device under a different ID.

• @mkell424 said:
    For$5 you can add 5 more IDs to your account. So you would just sign into each device under a different ID.

But if i do that that wil affect my app boughts isnt?

• @Aphex said:
    But if i do that that wil affect my app boughts isnt?

Yes.

• Do i have to use icloud ? I domt use it and i dont want it, so it is a must for apple music? Or can use app,e music without icloud

• @Aphex said:
    Do i have to use icloud ? I domt use it and i dont want it, so it is a must for apple music? Or can use app,e music without icloud

I guess you're out of luck if you don't want to use iCloud. You're better off getting some cheap MP3 players and use the provided transfer software. Wal Mart has some really good deals.

• @mkell424

I dont understand you, so is not possible to use it?

• Im reading that the terms and conditions of apple have changed and if you cancel apple music service, the icloud service will only works with content bought in the itunes store, so if you an mp3 ripped from your cds those will not work anymore.

I dont know if this correct im reading that in a newspaper webpage. A lot of my muisc is from mp3 of my cd collection.

• I wonder, can you save downloaded files for offline streaming like you can do in Spotify?

• @Aphex said:

I dont understand you, so is not possible to use it?

@Aphex said:
    Im reading that the terms and conditions of apple have changed and if you cancel apple music service, the icloud service will only works with content bought in the itunes store, so if you an mp3 ripped from your cds those will not work anymore.

I don't know Dude. Maybe there's a MP3 player that uses iTunes sharing or Dropbox. If you can't find a stand alone MP3 player on the App Store pick up a cheap MP3 player from Wal Mart.

• edited July 2015

@mkell424 said:
    I don't know Dude. Maybe there's a MP3 player that uses iTunes sharing or Dropbox. If you can't find a stand alone MP3 player on the App Store pick up a cheap MP3 player from Wal Mart.

There's an iOS app called CloudBeats - it can play your music from Dropbox, Google Drive, etc

For Android, I'm using doubleTwist CloudPlayer

• @yug said:
    There's an iOS app called CloudBeats - it can play your music from Dropbox, Google Drive, etc

That's great but it's still streaming from the cloud. He doesn't want to use Apple Music because it uses iCloud.

• As for me, no Android app - no go. So I'll continue using Spotify

Besides, I have huge manually created playlists in Spotify, containing hundreds of songs. I wish there was a way to transfer them to Apple Music

• @mkell424 said:

Hmm, it's unclear whether he does not want to use any cloud service or just iCloud only

• @Yug The Android version of Apple Music is coming out in the fall.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I wonder, can you save downloaded files for offline streaming like you can do in Spotify?

• Just dont want to use icloud, i use another services of cloud. And the question is if i can use the apple music service without icloud enabled.(active)

• @mkell424 said:
    Yug The Android version of Apple Music is coming out in the fall.

Yep, I know. I'll wait until it's released, and then maybe I'll switch

I kinda like the idea of iTunes Match... but don't like that it's independent of Apple Music and you have to pay for it separately

• Oh cool, I didn't know they were going to put in on android as well. My wife switched to a galaxy earlier this year, which she regrets, but no change allowed for a while! We pay for a spotify family plan with 2 accounts, but apple music will be the same price for up to 6, which means my daughters can also have their own.

As for the question about affecting apps that were purchased, I'm not informed solidly but I would imagine that you can have separate logins for apps and apple music, although it would affect music you've bought perhaps. I could be wrong, I haven't read the terms or much about it because I am on ios 7 on all of my devices still. We use my wife's email as our Apple ID for the App Store but I have my own ID for iCloud backups and some app purchases on the Mac prior to her getting an ipad (which was the first ios device in our family).

• edited July 2015

Update: Apple Music vs Spotify - available music

I've been compairing the two and they both have advantages and disadvantages. Apple has all of the Peter Gabriel albums and Spotify just has on live album from 1982. Spotify on the other hand has more New Order.

Some artists Apple has more music and some Spotify so they even out. But the difference is Apple lets you add music from CDs, MP3s, and iTunes.