Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What is that "reface" countdown in the Yamaha Synth book? - Musicradar link

Comments

• New hardware announcement?

• Considering that Yamaha has yet to bring any 'complete' Synth to iPad I would love to see them do it now.
    DX/VL/PF/AN and XG/AWM2 all in one nicely packed in app with full editing & configurability. Naturally it would also have at least a few of the nice 'arranger-type' features from the Tyros and a 'Pumped Up' version of the Yamaha Mobile Music Sequencer :)

I was once very close to purchasing the Yamaha EX7...

• V. Interested if they make a break with the UI style currently on display...

• One guy said "The name “Reface” implies to me a re-skinnable digital synth, a la Roland’s PlugOut, a la Arturia Origin, a la Muse Receptor. So I’m expecting a physical keyboard, that either has a slot for an iPad (maybe not ipad, but the line about portability points to something removeable), or internal capacity to run different modeled synths, cs, dx, etc. I’m thinking touch screen." That was very much along the lines of what occured to me!

• The latest Yamaha 'video' has CS DX CP and YC on it...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2YjEqo5wBw

After little Googling:

• YC = Combo Organ
    • CP = Digital Stage Piano
    • DX = 'Original FM-Synth'
    • CS = 'Hybrid VA/AWM2 Synth'

I would not be surprised at all if Yamaha tries compete against 'Korg Module' with a new iOS app :D

• Hopefully it'll be a small kickass synth/groove box :))

• edited July 2015

Just a few more days and we'll know what it is :)

Here's the latest teaser...

Wonder how much power it will draw because this might be one heck of a controller for the iPad too :D

• From this video it sounds like 4 synths.

• Better start saving some brownie points! :-)

• Three octave plastic toys. Somehow I want them all very badly.

• Oh no, 4 different 'toys', gimme an iOS app that I can use with my own controller instead.

It is really weird that the 'artist'(don't recognise anyone of them) in the adds can't diffrentiate size and big sound, like they expect a box to be 'big' to have 'big' sound, it's all about the D/A and those are quite small these days, it just makes the adds and artists objects for laughter and maybe that's the intention?

• The CS one has been trailed as being like a CS80. Now (like the guy in the video), I have always dreamed of having a CS80, because it was such an expressive synth, it was like it was alive. But it is emerging that it has 3 octaves of mini-keys, rather than the great 5 octave keyboard of a real CS80, which pretty much excludes polyphonic aftertouch, or probably any aftertouch at all. No ribbon controller either (or indeed the normal pitch and mod wheels). I really hope it sounds like a CS80, but there is no way that it will play like one. And a piano module with a 3 octave minikeyboard? Ridiculous!

• edited July 2015

@PhilW said:
    The CS one has been trailed as being like a CS80. Now (like the guy in the video), I have always dreamed of having a CS80, because it was such an expressive synth, it was like it was alive. But it is emerging that it has 3 octaves of mini-keys, rather than the great 5 octave keyboard of a real CS80, which pretty much excludes polyphonic aftertouch, or probably any aftertouch at all. No ribbon controller either (or indeed the normal pitch and mod wheels). I really hope it sounds like a CS80, but there is no way that it will play like one. And a piano module with a 3 octave minikeyboard? Ridiculous!

So much depends on how good the MIDI is. And I believe patches are designed on your computer, so a lot depends on how good that software is, too.

• It's hard to beat the IPad see days. I was playing with Gadget which I've been neglecting lately and man I sure lost my lust over the JD XI. I also have a CME XKEY 37 and honestly I don't need anything else.

Heck it even works with my iPhone.

I'm thinking of building an arduino Bluetooth le knob box

• @alexbuga said:
    It's hard to beat the IPad see days. I was playing with Gadget which I've been neglecting lately and man I sure lost my lust over the JD XI. I also have a CME XKEY 37 and honestly I don't need anything else.

Heck it even works with my iPhone.

I'm thinking of building an arduino Bluetooth le knob box

exactly how i feel, not much beats an ipad now.
    i have a iconnectmidi4+ and it makes the ipad into a rock solid synth module, i can plug USB or MIDI controllers straight into the icm4 and also control other instruments from the ipad.. love it

• I can't help but to think that the inside of all the 'reface' boxes is the same, just the 'knobs' are tailored for different synthesis methods.

Meaning buy one 'box' and get everything but without all the knobs :)

• You can see pics of the four reface keyboards on this forum. The images came from a Korean Yamaha site, but have since been taken down.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/1014452-yamaha-reface-countdown-50.html

• Kind of a let down after all the hype. Maybe they have something else up their sleeve in addition.

• Who knows, maybe we'll get 'Full' Emulation of the 4 'synths' and an iPad version of the Yamaha Synth Book :D

• Why would they have a guy in the promo say "I always dreamed of owning a CS80" and then produce a synth that doesn't appear to be anything like it. I am watching with interest, but every leak seems to leave me more skeptical and disappointed. Heck, there doesn't even seem to be a way to change presets on the Reface CS!

• I feel my wallet getting lighter already.

• @PhilW said:
    Why would they have a guy in the promo say "I always dreamed of owning a CS80" and then produce a synth that doesn't appear to be anything like it. I am watching with interest, but every leak seems to leave me more skeptical and disappointed. Heck, there doesn't even seem to be a way to change presets on the Reface CS!

The presets are 'cloud' based (online) and use sysex midi to load them onto the reface through a chrome browser extension.. no joke lol

• @Samu said:
    Who knows, maybe we'll get 'Full' Emulation of the 4 'synths' and an iPad version of the Yamaha Synth Book :D

That would be better

• @asnor said:
    I feel my wallet getting lighter already.

$399 lighter?

• edited July 2015

Thanks for the photo link. Oh, meh.

• edited July 2015

Oy vey!

• If they come in at volca prices, it could be interesting. If they're really $399, that'd be bordering on funny. Maybe just past funny.

• I've seen a lot of synths in my day and these are definitely some of them.