Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis on IPad: What Output do you use on IPhone?

If you use Cubasis on your IPad as DAW, what do you use as output on your IPhone when making music on it?

If you use Cubasis, do you use it as your exclusive DAW on your IPad?

Comments

• Bumped (jar free)

• @RustiK said:
    If you use Cubasis on your IPad as DAW, what do you use as output on your IPhone when making music on it?

What do you mean? Do you want to record the sound from your iphone into your ipad? You can do this with an external Usb audiointerface connected to your ipad. Or you can install audioshare on the iphone and record iphone app output with it through iaa and upload to soundcloud.

• I use Cubasis as DAW on IPad.

I am wondering what others use on their IPhones to record when not using IPad.

Say, at the gym or in the car.

Besides just recording into Loopy or something like that. An actual app to record the work.

• GarageBand

• multitrack DAW easy as pie

• If you could order me an iphone i can check out what daw works best :)

• @Proto said:
    If you could order me an iphone i can check out what daw works best :)

Sure.

Gold one ok?

• @High5denied said:
    multitrack DAW easy as pie

I will check it out now and see what I think.

• @mrufino1 said:
    GarageBand

You know, I had it on there and it didn't feel good.

I do also have Music Studio bought. Maybe I should try that.

• I use GarageBand for ideas that I want to have a little more developed sound, audio share just to hum an idea in quickly. I have music studio. ( first app I ever bought), but didn't like it as much. There's an app for everyone.

• How about Nano on IPhone?

• @High5denied said:
    multitrack DAW easy as pie

Harmony Dog or the Geil guy one?

2 different multi-track

• @RustiK said:
    How about Nano on IPhone?

I have used that in the past, but not right now. I posted that demo a while back that I did in nano.

• Harmony Dog

• @mrufino1 said:
    I have used that in the past, but not right now. I posted that demo a while back that I did in nano.

It is on sale so I will def look at that this am when I have a chance

• edited July 2015

@RustiK, How about recording right into AudioShare on the iPhone; save to iCloud or DropBox. Then import the file into AudioShare on the iPad from iCloud or DropBox; and then "Open In" Cubasis on the iPad from AudioShare?

• @bsantoro said:
    RustiK, How about recording right into AudioShare on the iPhone; save to iCloud or DropBox. Then import the file into AudioShare on the iPad from iCloud or DropBox; and then "Open In" Cubasis on the iPad from AudioShare?

I do that. I also use Loopy.

I just want a little more control of the tracks/instruments that make up the song I am forwarding.

Currently, my IPhone music production value is more for a loop in Egoist later or Samplr when I get home.

That is why I am looking for a more of a portable mini-DAW that I can be satisfied with more than just loops.

Thanks though - appreciate your time to reply

• @mrufino1 said:

Do you have the link?

Can I record instruments(outside app audio) into Nano via Audiobus? Or is it still the whole sampling circle jerk?

Does NANO use Audiopaste, Audioshare, & Dropbox?

THANKS AGAIN

• +1 on MultiTrackDAW

• BM2 is really nice on the iphone with great dropbox integration when you want to continue on Ipad hassle free.

• edited July 2015

+1 for BM2. It's the only first tier DAW from iPad that's on iPhone

Xewton Music studio has a lot, and new features as of last week, it might do enough of what you need. Export midi and audio, full IAA, and Audiobus integration...this is a question I've kept looking at too. Which "workstation" I can use to compose on iphone then expand that work on iPad or PC. Do you want something that has instruments that with be replaced, or do you want to use the great synths (and effects) on iPhone via AB or IAA.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    +1 for BM2. It's the only first tier DAW from iPad that's on iPhone

Xewton Music studio has a lot, and new features as of last week, it might do enough of what you need. Export midi and audio, full IAA, and Audiobus integration...this is a question I've kept looking at too. Which "workstation" I can use to compose on iphone then expand that work on iPad or PC. Do you want something that has instruments that with be replaced, or do you want to use the great synths (and effects) on iPhone via AB or IAA.

I am just looking to record. I will be using my other apps as sounds.

Now, if it had it, I may use it.

I have Music Studio, it just bugs me for some reason.

• I guess I didn't think about MIDI or AU

• Anyone heard of anything on "ENERGYxt"?

I just downloaded it
    I think it may be exactly what I am looking for.

LITTLEWOODG - I know your name! You give freaking reviews for every app on ITunes store ! You are all over the net cousin! LOL LOve it