Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Ambient Sounds on iPad

Is it possible to get this type of piano sound from the iPad?

Comments

• edited May 2015

Of course....why not? You just need one of the many piano apps and a reverb. The reveb here is also available as iOS app. I'm not sure but is there not even the ivory piano available for iOS via Gadget (or module)?

• Yes, I have module and it has the ivory piano, but not ivory II. Not to many effects to play with. In the video he controls different types of reverb, to get that effect, I'm new to this scene, so I didn't realize I can use apps to apply effects, any effects app that you recommend?

• edited May 2015

In the video he used reverberate that is also available for iOS (i don't used it for iOS) but i think it's a bit more limited. There are some good reverb apps like AudioReverb from Virsyn, AUFX:Space, AD480 Pro (these are no convolution reverbs). I use mostly a combination inside iOS for my reverb "experiments" and i much prefer algorithmic reverbs. But i must say that iOS still lacks a really good reverb like Aether or B2.... but for the prices the iOS apps a pretty good.

• Thanks for your recommendations. Yeah, that is what I was affraid of. The sound in the video sounds very nice. I think I might get a PC it looks like. Maybe the iPad in the future will get better in the sound quality department.

• @akbal I think the 'Cinematic Grand' preset in Korg Module is a pretty close starting point to the sound in that video. It's perhaps not created the same way (or with as many parameters to adjust), but the results seem similar to me. The Cinematic Grand preset uses the Ivory piano and has a long reverb sounding pad layer built in, I think. If you increase the Mid EQ, reduce the High EQ and play some simple high notes, you might find it's what you like. Maybe try the band pass filter in the Modulation Effect slot to tweak the sound further. I just tried all this, and I like it, anyway :)

And as Cinebient mentioned, there are loads of reverb and other effects apps on iOS. It's fun chaining them through Audiobus and seeing what you can create.

• Thanks Vecoto, I'll give it a try!

• Try crystalline with lush preset. Not exactly the same but sounds great.

• 'Cinematic Grand' is.

• Thanks all.

• Aufx:space is pretty amazing. You might also look into Samvada. Takes a little bit to set it up but it can generate magic, particularly with slow piano.

• @syrupcore, just discovered Samvada as an effect, and had a little play using various inputs. Very nice. But I didn't adjust anything. What do you mean by setting up? I should just play around but wondered if there was any particular method.

• @fitz the tuning can be adjusted to align the sympathetic resonance with your tune.

• edited May 2015

So you need to match the scale in the app with the one you're playing with? I thought I would need to learn Indian scales but there are 3 western scales. What I don't understand is that if you choose, say Western Major, some of the strings are + or - values. Is this to do with the way western scales work?

Thanks for the info by the way.

• No, you don't need to but it can be pretty sweet when you do. It almost makes the reverb disappear. In a good way!

• edited May 2015

Here's a good demo of it disappearing. Note that the piano sound has very little sustain on it—the sustain comes from Samvada. http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/13859/#Comment_13859

That thread has a few good Samvada demos.

• It would be amazing if Samvada could be set to respond to midi in and adjusted its tuning based on the incoming notes (changing as few resonances as possible to match).

• edited May 2015

@syrupcore said:
    It would be amazing if Samvada could be set to respond to midi in and adjusted its tuning based on the incoming notes (changing as few resonances as possible to match).

I'm not sure if the results are similar, but this is something that you can do with Zed Synth.

Zed Synth by Richard Meyer
    https://appsto.re/gb/htiE4.i