Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beat Machine

Has anyone heard anything about updates on this App.

Comments

• Haven't heard a thing. But check out Diode-108, it's super amazing beat machine and it is really being updated by the developer.

• dreamless the developer frequents this forum, send him a message.

• Please accept my apology... They've distracted me for the last month with this thing

• Whose foot is that? Are you homeless for real now? Homeless with an apple watch?

• if he's homeless, it's probably because of the apple watch, damn thangs expensive

• @kobamoto said:
    if he's homeless, it's probably because of the apple watch, damn thangs expensive

Lol!

• Fun to think of that photo as a watch selfie.

• I fixed some bugs in Beat Machine and made Jam Synth a little faster. I'll submit the updates ASAP. So... what should I make for the watch?

• @dreamless said:
    I fixed some bugs in Beat Machine and made Jam Synth a little faster. I'll submit the updates ASAP. So... what should I make for the watch?

an all purpose sample slicer like this

• Hard to come up with music app ideas that would make sense for the watch... a shaker app with presets for different kinds of rice and seeds?, a midi clock app that syncs with your heart beat?

• I've already made a strobe tuner and a scientific calculator.

• I think an app that reminds you once a day, "you paid a ton for a watch that will be useless in 2 years because of OS updates" would be pretty helpful. ;-). Just kidding, until that's a true statement.

• edited June 2015

@mrufino1 Interesting, if understandably cynical thought. We have become grudgingly used to the idea of updating iPad hardware, but a watch? Might be a tougher sell, even for these Masters of Obsolescence...

• edited June 2015

I'm pretty convinced these days that apple can sell isand to a person in the desert. I don't hate apple though, but it is fascinating. If I didn't use the ipad for so many things every day in a very good way then maybe I would feel differently. Seeing as how I actually get things done with it, the limits are less frustrating I guess.

Back to the topic...I like the idea of a shaker app for the watch. Of course an actual shaker is about $2, but this would be virtual!

• edited June 2015

I've read some reviews. The big deal is for people that get texts, emails, IMs, news, etc on their iPhones every day. The watch has a device that taps your wrist when a message comes in. It has different taps depending on the message. When you get a tap you just quickly glance at your wrist to read the message. This saves a lot of time for people who are checking their phones all day.

The reviewers also there is a positive social aspect to it. Most people think it is rude when you are talking to someone and they are constantly using their phone at the same time. The reviewers said people didn't know they were reading messages.

• Far more polite to have someone checking their watch during a conversation.

• What happen to this App, it had so much promise.
  • cool update: I've implemented disk streaming so there are no more load times. plus some other things like note repeat and volume LEDs. i don't have a MIDI controller though and I'm stuck with a busted iPad 3 so there are some things I can't really test out properly. if you'd like to help me out just send me your email and i'll add you to the beta test. since the beta expires eventually i'll give out promo codes to anyone who helps test if you don't already have it.

• Awesome news @dreamless! I'm already an underperforming beta tester for too many apps or I'd pitch in. :)

@kobamoto? @boone51? @Aphex?

• Good to see this is still developing! I'll send my email but I'm not sure how much time I'll have for testing.

• I appreciate it. There isn't that much that needs to be tested. It's pretty stable right now, but there are 2 issues that I know are there:

24 bit files aren't currently working with disk streaming (but I'm about to fix that)

It only responds on MIDI channel 1. I have an Akai MPD 16 but it just died. POOF don't work no more. I'm sure I'll find this bug with some help. It uses midibus which I've not totally mastered so I think the problem is in the implementation.

• @dreamless said:
    I appreciate it. There isn't that much that needs to be tested. It's pretty stable right now, but there are 2 issues that I know are there:

24 bit files aren't currently working with disk streaming (but I'm about to fix that)

It only responds on MIDI channel 1. I have an Akai MPD 16 but it just died. POOF don't work no more. I'm sure I'll find this bug with some help. It uses midibus which I've not totally mastered so I think the problem is in the implementation.

The channel 1 (only) is a bit of a problem ...many controllers and sequencers use midi ch.10 for drums...
    I'll gladly test for you the sequencer part with BeatStepPro.
    Can you please include IAA and transport bar?
    A small detail, to set the note numbers was extremely sensitive....
    Thanks

• i'll put arrow buttons for the MIDI assignments. the output defaults to channel 10 but the input defaults to 1. there is a problem where if you change the input channel it stays on 1 no matter what the display says. i had to prevent the input and output from being on the same channel because it creates an infinite feedback loop with virtual MIDI. i've got IAA MIDI in there too but i'm never really sure if apps are receiving that or virtual MIDI when loaded as an instrument. none of it makes any sense and the documentation is crap.

• Just tested it with my Akai MPK Mini 2 using channel 1 and it works fine for me, very stable with no issues.

• i bet note repeat doesn't work with MIDI though, since i didn't mess with the MIDI code since i implemented note repeat. it will probably get stuck if you send a note on with note repeat enabled. if that happens just touch a pad on the screen to make it stop.

where should i put the IAA transport? there is a lot of room on the toolbar on the iPad but i started running out of screen space on the iPhone a long time ago.

• i did note repeat from my hardware and it was fine

• @syrupcore said:
    Awesome news @dreamless! I'm already an underperforming beta tester for too many apps or I'd pitch in. :)

@kobamoto? @boone51? @Aphex?

Appreciate the mention, but I'm saturated at the moment. On a side note, some cool things on the horizon ;-)

• @dreamless said:
    i bet note repeat doesn't work with MIDI though, since i didn't mess with the MIDI code since i implemented note repeat. it will probably get stuck if you send a note on with note repeat enabled. if that happens just touch a pad on the screen to make it stop.

where should i put the IAA transport? there is a lot of room on the toolbar on the iPad but i started running out of screen space on the iPhone a long time ago.

@dreamless I would love to assist with testing the IAA transport!! I use an iPhone exclusively, so that might be useful!! :smiley: I'm glad to see you back!! I am also really looking forward to the disk streaming features!! BTW, I already own the software and IAPs so you don't have to give me a free code. :wink: I'm sending you my email address. :smile: