Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Virsyn Appreggist... Out Now!

Comments

• Hmm..

If there is one thing i don't like about the Virsyn Arpeggiators it has to be the fiddliness of changing octave and what notes are used on a step. Every time i try to use it in their apps i get frustrated.

If Arpeggist was free/.99 cents i might give it a shot as I already of StepPolyArp and Arpeggionome Pro.

Another feature that could 'buy me over' is if it was possible to run/trigger multiple arpeggios/sequences at once and send them to different devices...

• This looks like good value if you don't have Step poly Arp and Tera. Otherwise it's pretty similar to the arp in Tera from what I can see.

• This doesn't seem to have a hold button so I can't go to the synth I'm controlling with it without stopping the arp. Am I missing something?

• I just got it. I'm using it into the M1 Darwin gadet.

• @studs1966 said:
    Out now......

Sometimes a little more info doesn't hurt ;) „Arpeggist“ von VirSyn
    https://appsto.re/de/DJEo7.i

• The hold trigger is in the menu above the keyboard, where it says Standard. Maybe they'd change it later? Also, nice to have better midi output selection. Wicked with Nanolog & Sunrizer & Funkbox playing together. But having trouble syncing. The midis out. Prob me doing something wrong.

• edited May 2015

So is this the same arp used in their apps? It sure looks like it.

• I like it. Their arp clicks with me where other arps and step sequencers don't. As far as I can tell it's the same arp as in Tera with the addition of preset button presets for quick recall. I was using it with Engl this AM. That synth is sick in a good way.

• thank you, no

• Can you do chords in the Tera arp? I can't see it in there as an option

• No, chords are unique to this app.

• Cheers @studs1996 I hope they will bring a dedicated hold button. Phew, I'm glad it has more options than tera as far as arp is concerned. The quick recall presets are super useful and so are chords. I wish everything was slightly bigger at the cost of surrounding space. Why not just divide the whole thing in a grid fashion and label the buttons, maybe tag them by colours. I know virsyn are maintaining their UI tradition but it isn't exactly live friendly.

• Even on the 'big' iPad some things are still too small to be user-friendly. I'm mainly thinking about the octave and note columns (i.e. selecting which of the held notes will play on any given step and on what octave). There is so much space left un-used on the screen...

• Does anyone know if you can get the Appregiest to sync to Gadget's clock? Gadget records Appregiest note data but I can't get Gadget to trigger recording when playing Appregiegiest's keyboard.

• Is a remarkable thing they use Thor and not their own synths... :)

• But the demo sounds they used were pretty lame :)

• @mkell424 said:
    Does anyone know if you can get the Appregiest to sync to Gadget's clock? Gadget records Appregiest note data but I can't get Gadget to trigger recording when playing Appregiegiest's keyboard.

I managed to do a similar thing with Step Poly Arp and midiflow synced with Gadget and it worked. You could try syncing both via midiflow or something similar.

• Very good! there is button inside arp trigger button ( third bottom from lower left conner ).

I am able to trigger Animoog Iceland timber by Richard Devine with lower velocity control, which is good sign of Virsin Arppegist. I do this on AB chain with midi on. Only problem is I have not found modulation wheel and midi cc control. I am happy at the moment!

• @fjcblanco said:
    Is a remarkable thing they use Thor and not their own synths... :)

I'm guessing this is done to prove that the app will trigger synths which aren't proprietary to VirSyn.

• I see the point, but beeing virtual MIDI...weird marketing though.

• edited May 2015

Maybe they thought using VirSyn synths would look stupid since all of them have the same type of arp built in.

• change keys and change arps has no clipping sound, runs smoothly, very nice!

I tried 7 synths with, excellent condition! highly recommend, hehe.

• @fjcblanco said:
    I see the point, but beeing virtual MIDI...weird marketing though.

I don't think so, not everyone's going to look at that cynically. I like the fact that they want to display evidence that it works properly with non VirSyn apps.

• @Carbot Thanks. I'm trying MIDIflow and I still can't get Appregiest to trigger Gadget to record. Is there some setting that I have to switch?

@Kaikoo Thanks but I can't find the button you are talking about.

Here are some screenshots:

• @fjcblanco said:
    Is a remarkable thing they use Thor and not their own synths... :)

It is probably because all of virsyn synths look the same.

• @mkell424, see my picture!

@calcutta, frankly speaking, I have 4 Virsyn synths, I don't use often. I am not much Virsyn fan. Many people like Virsyn synths a lot, but not me! This Arpeggist app is definitely my cup of tea!

I can say I like it much more than StepPolyArp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @Kaikoo Thanks for the screenshot. :) Unfortunately it doesn't trigger record in Gadget.

• Cynically? You're supossing too much.

I have Virsyn synths and I would like to see how this app drive them. It look like a "no way out discussion", so let's come back to the topic. Waiting for a TSTR demo.

• Gadget does however accept MIDI clock.

• edited May 2015

If some midi cc / program change functionality were included, it would make this app nicer