Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SALE: Voice Jam Studio looping app

Hey folks, Matt here from TC-Helicon. We've just released our first update to Voice Jam Studio.

This is a big one for us as the app will now run on iPhone! (previously iPad only) In addition to this we've added some new sync modes and track manipulation features that really take the app to the next level. The app is currently on sale for a limited time at $7.99 (USD).

You can grab the app here:
http://taps.io/x-Uw

Happy to answer any question you may have :)
Cheers,
Matt Connell - TC-Helicon
www.voicejamstudio.com

Comments

• edited May 2015

Sunday Chill. Nice vid, Doo wop.

@TCapps, you say it will now run on iPhone, this vid uses iPhone ... or was that an Andriod?
    No, just read his description, he used iPhone. August 2014?

It's ok, just looked on the AppStore you have (another) app called VoiceJam. (1word).
    Need to be precise with that Internet search.

(Voice Jam Studio)...

Excellent :)

• edited May 2015

...deleted

• Yes indeed @KING777 - VoiceJam was one of our original apps, and also a looper. Voice Jam Studio is it's successor, and contains a slew of TCH vocal effects, more advanced looping modes, and a built in track mixer.

• @TCapps said:
    Yes indeed KING777 - VoiceJam was one of our original apps, and also a looper. Voice Jam Studio is it's successor, and contains a slew of TCH vocal effects, more advanced looping modes, and a built in track mixer.

Cool. I did see some videos on this a good while back. Can't remember why I didn't purchase. Must have a look again and see. I did notice it did some cool things for vocals!

Maybe your update has sorted my purchase finger. We'll see! :)

• I know why I haven't bought it- it will loop my voice. If it looped someone else's voice as I sang into it then it would be far more useful. ;-)

• @mrufino1 said:
    I know why I haven't bought it- it will loop my voice. If it looped someone else's voice as I sang into it then it would be far more useful. ;-)

Ha - I feel the same!

• Is there any way to adjust the mic/line-in level on iOS 8? I seem to recall a setting for this in the hazy past but cannot find any such feature now. I feel like the standard level/gain is too high, sounding too messy.

• @rhcball - there recently was a topic about this, see
    http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/134754

• @Marcel said:
    rhcball - there recently was a topic about this, see
    http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/134754

yeah i saw that after i posted here, the audioshare trick won't work (i'm guessing) cuz Audiobus input routes to the metronome track in Voice jam Studio.

• Mimix?

• Hey guys, this one slipped by me. Way late here, but perhaps late will be better than never...
    Currently there is no input trim on voicejam studio. A feature we should definitely look into. For the moment, if you are using the on board mic, or a simple mic plugged into the headphone/mic jack the 2 methods available for controling input volume would be the organic ones of singing quieter/louder and-or adjusting the distance of the mic. For most in this situation that is enough, but we realize that some have louder voices than others....

If you are using an actual digital audio interface to get audio into the app, the input trim on the device should do a great job of controlling that input level.

Always great to hear user feedback, thanks.

• @TCapps
    Perhaps you can help me with how to select an input channel for vocal mic into VJS whilst also using guitar into Tonestack on another channel in Audiobus. i.e. VJS in one AB lane input and Tonestack in a different lane.??
    This is using a Novation X station which acts as a 2 channel audio card.
    In Tonestack I can choose left or right or both input. What about in VJS ? How to select which input?

• edited July 2015

Use the "system audio input" in audiobus. When your Xstation is connected you can tap on the little blue arrow next to the mic icon and you can choose channel 1 as input to route to VJS for output. And select channel 2 in a separate audiobus lane with ToneStack as output.

• @Hmtx
    Thanks ! Yes I forgot about that possibility in AB.
    I sorted it by having each app in the Input slot of their respective lane.
    It seems VJS uses Input 1 so that is where I put the Mic into the X station.
    The guitar I put into X station input 2 and choose that input in Tonestack preferences.
    This way I can add further effects if I wish and also put eg Audioshare or Mimix on the outputs.
    Seems to be working well so far !
    Love the sound of Voice Jam Studio. The loops are especially clear and a great interface for live sonic mangling as well.