Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Rumors

WWDC coming in a couple of weeks. So far I'm pretty stoked!

iPad Pro and iOS 9 Dual-app viewing

http://9to5mac.com/2015/05/21/future-of-ipad-dual-app-viewing-mode-then-j99-ipad-pro-multi-user-support/

New Apple TV, remote, SDK, and ATV App Store

http://fortune.com/2015/05/22/wwdc-rumor-roundup-its-the-apple-tv-show/

Comments

• Mmhhhh... so maybe the features come which windows and android has since years :P Hopefully they put 8 virtual cores and 8GB ram into it too ;P
    Crapple go! Couldn't resist.

• edited May 2015

multiuser and splitscreen would be great

here is to hoping for haptic engine on new ipads :)

= velocity&aftertouch

cheers

• A split screen, that isn't totally gimped by Apple, would be very useful!

• I'm worried that the split screen thing will mess things up for us even further. I remember how Michael spoke of improving AB performance by simplifying graphics. Mant apps have no portrait mode (samplr, sunrises, item, thor, animoog etc) which I presume will be required. Also sugar bytes app will be impossible to use as the buttons are small as is.

I honestly would prefer if they kept working on improving stability of the existing os but clearly that's not going to be the case with trying to be better than Samsung, Microsoft etc.

I can totally envisage staying on 8 until they've ironed out all of the bugs they will have created. That's probably may 2016. Such is life in the fast lane.

• edited May 2015

i guess for a bigger ipad its no problem at all

you just double the pixels and display each half as it would display on an ipad now?

say good bye to buggy iOS 8 and hello to whatever iOS 9 brings :)

the yearly update cycle of the os is bs, they should just release it when its ready and not because the new phone is out
    iOS 8 is buggy, 7 was fine, hope 9 just works again
    the improved onboard audio(?) looks nice, was about time

• @supadom said:
    I'm worried that the split screen thing will mess things up for us even further. I remember how Michael spoke of improving AB performance by simplifying graphics. Mant apps have no portrait mode (samplr, sunrises, item, thor, animoog etc) which I presume will be required. Also sugar bytes app will be impossible to use as the buttons are small as is.

I honestly would prefer if they kept working on improving stability of the existing os but clearly that's not going to be the case with trying to be better than Samsung, Microsoft etc.

I can totally envisage staying on 8 until they've ironed out all of the bugs they will have created. That's probably may 2016. Such is life in the fast lane.

+1 - instead of making iOS 8 perfect they'll concentrate on the next flashy thing and create a buggy version for that instead.

After 20 odd years of computing I do get tired with this relentless obsession for 'new' at the cost of getting it right.

• force toch is great

will make the good old ipad we used to know funky expressive :)

• @lala said:
    force toch is great

will make the good old ipad we used to know funky expressive :)

Alongside some smashed screens. You know when you're sooo into it you can't judge the pressure anymore? That makes me think of when I used to get blood blisters when playing gigs when I didn't hear myself, ouch.

• I hope it has more than 3 pressure steps then ;)

• edited May 2015

I´d take 2 pressure steps instead of none, lol
    imovie has 4, so i guess thats what we will deal with :)

• I've heard they're going to bring bendy screens soon.

• edited May 2015

why would it bend if its working fine in the lower half of the new macbook that is thinner than the air2?
    the 3 layers of the display are laminated together on the air2 so its just one layer now - what idiotic things would you have to do to break it?

• @lala said:
    what idiotic things would you have to do to break it?

I can't even imagine how many customer service reps have said that with the phone on mute!

There's a reason that a hair dryer has a warning label about using it in water and why coffee cups now say "May contain hot liquid"

And, as @supadom said, I had to make a very concerted effort for years to play
    bass lighter so I could make it through gigs without blood on the bass (despite it making me look VERY punk- which would be great except by that point we were playing weddings, not bars anymore. ) :-)

• Thanks @mrufino1 you just saved 4 mins of my life.

• i guess all is fine if you are not trying to dry the dog in the microwave, lol

• @lala said:
    i guess all is fine if you are not trying to dry the dog in the microwave, lol

Wait, you're not supposed to do that?! I thought it was ok as long as he had no metal stuff on.

I'm kidding PETA folks! Actually, my dog hates to be wet and hates the hair dryer, so he's got quite a conflict going.

• Mmmhhh..... need to take my cat out of the oven...

• Only if you like it rare @Cinebient

• edited May 2015

the day before yesterday i had to put my 20 year old cat into the shower (he doesn't look after himself anymore) and dry him with the hairdryer, went fine, no bloody scars on lala :)

• edited May 2015

@lala said:
    the day before yesterday i had to put my 20 year old cat into the shower and dry him with the hairdryer, went fine, no bloody scars on lala :)

Ha, i would end in hospital because of the "Freddy Krueger" syndrom ;) Hey, but scars make the man!

Edit: The day i can connect my extern SSD's via USB 3.0 to my iPad or/and (even better i can use my wasted 128GB on my iPad Air as external SSD!). This are things which annoys me so much. Yes, i know i don't have to buy apple things but i also don't have to eat hamburgers, bacon, ice-cream and drink beer.... but i can't stop it ;)