Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Besides Turnado..........................

What other multi-F/X app do you recommend?

Is FLux the end all be all? For $20 it should be.

Thanks

Comments

• Turnado is on top of my list but of course there's some cool FXs in FLUX:FX that I like to play with and aren't available in Turnado.

There's also the Boulanger Labs apps but I don't have those, the demos I heard didn't sound very musical to me - more for the abstract sonic fun I guess.

• Fingerlab's DFX

Elephant Candy's LiveFX

• DFX was updated and works nicely. Many choices and things to do with it. Don't feel it's quite in the Turnado/Wow/Flux league, but that's just my own prejudice and others feel differently. I like the KLEVGR series also....and, well, if you have Auria and don't have the plug-ins.....

• You can't go wrong with DFX

• Effectrix is great, it needs to receive clock to run the sequencer

• Birdstepper. And flux is for gangsters only so make sure you have bring the money and drugs. IT takes a lot of cpu so I don't run it with turnado. Some of it is kinda overwhelming but not bad at all. I think all of sugar bytes stuff. What about CS grain its not beat synched fx tho but its good for unholy dj audio rig. I know there are a few more I need coffee...

• As far as multifx manglers there's: Turnado, flux, livefx, dfx. Effectrix is good but quite different from others. I find Turnado the most solid and not too CPU heavy which isn't the case with flux. Dfx has nice fx but not sure you can sync it externally and has clicks and pops and steppy filters. Live fx is probably one closest to Turnado but has no midi to speak of but it has bpm detection. I like its implementation of AB sidebar which allows switching between 4 presets. Effectrix can be used in a similar way by engaging all of the effects and having parameters assigned to knobs but I find the quality of effects on the weak side.

• CsGrain and CsSpectral are my all time favorite FX apps for iOS. There are so many options it can be easy to go overboard, but the power from these two come from subtlety and moderation. They're harmonizers, so you get very different options to reinvent your sound, different from your typical multi-fx unit. They're both very different, I'd recommend them both though. CsSpectral seems to play a little better with audiobus fwiw.

• Don't have CSGrain, but just spent a lazy half hour with CSSpectral and it floats many boats.

@aleyas How do you find CSGrain. Sufficiently different to warrant the spend?

• @supadom said:
    As far as multifx manglers there's: Turnado, flux, livefx, dfx. Effectrix is good but quite different from others. I find Turnado the most solid and not too CPU heavy which isn't the case with flux. Dfx has nice fx but not sure you can sync it externally and has clicks and pops and steppy filters. Live fx is probably one closest to Turnado but has no midi to speak of but it has bpm detection. I like its implementation of AB sidebar which allows switching between 4 presets. Effectrix can be used in a similar way by engaging all of the effects and having parameters assigned to knobs but I find the quality of effects on the weak side.

Great

You read my mind. Feel same about Effectrix.

Looking for a simpler version of Turnado for quick on the go mobility and flexibility. I get lost in Turnado and twisted around into a sonic netherworld of A.D.D. bliss.

But not productive.

• I see Turnado as an add on rather than a source of inspiration. Like, build a track and than add some magic Turnado dust.

It would be good if they released a simplified iPhone version so I could use both on my iPad ;)

• The guitar apps (tonestack, jamup..) are quite good.

• I bought Flux fx but i don't use it anymore because It got a lot of crusher and distortion fx's i dont use.Also the app crashes a lot because of the heavy cpu load on my ipad air 1. Turnado still got the most fx and just sounds nicer and more varied.If you're a guitar player i think you will have better times with flux fx because of all the crush,fuzz and distortion fx's. Dfx is also a nice multi fx app for a very good price.

• LiveFX & DFX are both great. DFX is my favorite, however still somewhat laggy on my Air & iPad4.
    Also ToneStack and Amplitube are great. As mentioned already :)

• @syrupcore said:
    The guitar apps (tonestack, jamup..) are quite good.

I came to this thread to do two things: chew bubblegum and mention the guitar apps. Guess I'll just take off my shades and quietly chew my bubblegum ...

• edited May 2015

DubFilter is new and free...from Amazing Noises, kind of fun.

https://appsto.re/us/64dz6.i

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thanks!!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

https://appsto.re/us/64dz6.i

Love the Amazing Noises/Apesoft line. Hadn't heard of this yet. Thank you, Mr. Goodyear!