Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Out Now: Korg iM1 Synthesizer for iPad (w/ Gadget integration)

This is awesome news if true.

Edit: It is true! And it's, obviously, called iM1: http://www.korg.com/us/news/2015/0525/

(Edit: Korg removed the page, screen grab from the page below to the rescue)

Edit: And it's out...

AppStore Linkage: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/korg-im1/id966030326

Product Page: http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_im1_for_ipad/

Korg: “KORG Gadget”, the mobile music production application released the newest version 1.2, codename “Palo Alto”.If you have the iM1 app, you’ll be able to use more than 1,800 sound programs*of M1. In addition, to commemorate the release of the KORG iM1 app, we are announcing a special sale on KORG Apps! Don’t miss this opportunity!Regular Price US$29.99, Sale Price US$19.99 The sale ends June 30th."

Source: http://www.korg.com/us/news/2015/0525/

Comments

• Gadget integration is tempting of course but besides this i don't know if i really need (okay..."want"it.I definitely don't NEED new synths :) it now that Synthmaster arrived.Fills my Rompler needs (i know its not a rompler ;-) quite well.And i really wish they would give us Gadget integration of already existing korg products like iPolysix etc.C'mon Korg ;)

• edited May 2015

I'm thinking that at least iPolysix and Ms20 will find their way into Gadget as well, eventually. Unless they're coded/made in a way that makes that kind of integration impossible without a major overhaul on the code. I'm no coder tho, so what do I know. :)

• edited May 2015

Korg M1, (iM1) Classic! Integration with Gadget... no brainer. Any Gadget addition is welcome!

Not in the UK store yet! But as soon as...

No point debating about an enevitable app. Or waiting for the next time they give a good/sale price.

Right, let me check that shop again!

• edited May 2015

What a week! Not yet available in th UK...

• edited May 2015

• Not the Gadget news I expected or hoped for but still a nice surprise.

@KING777 said:

What are those coloured things on top?

• Tempted but I really like synthmaster. I can never get good sounds like that in gadget. am i doing something wrong or is gadget's synth's aren't really that good?

• edited May 2015

@firejan82 said:
    Not the Gadget news I expected or hoped for but still a nice surprise.

What are those coloured things on top?

Not sure at all, categories possibly...

Added: with 1,800 pre's (sound programs) they may well be...

Another smiling day.. :)

• I think they represent expansion cards? Only played on a M1 when I was a teeny weeny so don't remember much about all that

• hmm, I see, that makes sense

• edited May 2015

@ChrisG said:
    I think they represent expansion cards? Only played on a M1 when I was a teeny weeny so don't remember much about all that

Yeah, expansion/memory cards rolled into categories, (I guess).
    We will soon know :-)

• R_2R_2
    edited May 2015

From looking at that pic "Darwin" seems to be the name inside Gadget.

Yeah, the colored things are PCM rom cards:
    http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_legacy_collection/page_4.php

• Looking at that page, I'm gonna take a guess and say that we will see the Wavestation next (by this time next year?). That'll complete the Legacy package

• edited May 2015

'More than 2,700 preset sounds'! ... (via @R_2’s link)

So they may be selling us some in the future, if not immediately..

Added: comes with 1,800!

• @ChrisG said:
    That'll complete the Legacy package

not without Mono/Poly

• That link appears to be dead. I'm much more interested in the next Gadget update, the M1 sounds are a tad uninspiring to me.

• edited May 2015

Just copied this straight from the links address:

http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_legacy_collection/page_4.php

Should be exactly the same, but it may work for you..

• Now all it says is some Japaneese writing followed by page could not be found. Are we sure this is real?

• This is odd, there is no mention of this on the KorgForums either?

• Not sure of anything these days ;) but I am able to see the page without issue. Also the address is Korg's..

• Interesting :) The Japanese page says the sale starts 25th (tomorrow)

• Nothing on Korgs main page either .

• I didn't find it in the US store, but who know ... we soon will. Hehe

Hope it's official..

• Korg removed the info

• It is available for PC and not ios then correct?

• edited May 2015

Either way, that was fun! :-)

Haven't lost anything, just a little time...

• I already have a Korg Triton and an M50 but if this ever comes to the iPad I am all in just the same!

• edited May 2015

@Tritonman said:
    I already have a Korg Triton and an M50 but if this ever comes to the iPad I am all in just the same!

Hence your name!

Same for me! Anything Gadget related is worth investing/looking.

• Huh? Just read this thread. I'm so confused.

Please, Korg, could there be a core Gadget update?

And obviously I'll buy iM1 - although not exactly the new gadget I was hoping for.

• edited May 2015

The link @ChrisG posted did work, glad I saw it; now it's as R_2 mentioned: linkie no workie.

I can imagine that someone at KORG got in trouble for posting that,...not ready for prime time perhaps. But I saw what Chrisg posted above: iM1, Gadget, 1800 presets, May 25, etc. This should be a great addition to Gadget.