Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Booya! Synthmaster player is out!

And it's free with 100 presets. The Pro version is an IAP though. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/synthmaster-player/id944155926?mt=8

Comments

• Pro price seems to be at $9.99 US dollars. Pretty fair, but some paid $4.99.
    Mmmmmm........

• I got it for $4.99.

• I'm sooo happy!! This is perfect for me! Man there's a lot of content...who needs money for food anyway...

• I only seem to have 100 presets after registering and the app crashes when I try to buy the IAP . I tried delete,reboot,reinstall but no luck.ipad air 1 IOS 7.12.Major letdown after the long wait...

• edited May 2015

Jomazz be aware that many new apps are extremely buggy on iOS 7 when released due to Apple no longer making test flight available for that platform. Upgrading to a newer version should help or more than likely an update to get it working on the older platform will be coming next week as the developer is aware already about iOS 7 problems

• Tritonman I was afraid to upgrade because of all the bad ios8 hype.Is 8.3 stable for my most used apps which are Animoog ,ISEM ,Sunrizer ,rockdrummachine,StepPolyArp and Auria?IOS troubles are the only reason I didn't buy an Air2 . Just ranting

• Actually I will probably upgrade to 8.3 when the Animoog upgrade lands in the next few days.

• edited May 2015

I am finding ios 8.1.3 very stable in all of those except I can not check Auria. I can not honestly say I miss ios7 what so ever. I kept it on my old iPad mini just in case but have yet to need it for anything.

• It runs pretty well on an iPad 4, I've found one big strings patch so far that's knocked the CPU out at 90%, with the majority of patches in the 50% region. Hope this helps.
    The UK pro upgrade with 800 presets is £3.99. Sounds stunning, already my go to desert island iOS synth.

• A thousand presets for $5 and signing up for a mailing list? And so far it sounds nicer than the French Holy Grail ... Fetchez la vache!

• Does anybody have this problem? I have the pro version and such, and there are a couple of expansions I'd like to get. The problem is when I go to purchase an expansion, it asks me if I want the Pro Upgrade for $4.99 I already have that, so what gives?

• edited May 2015

@jwmmakerofmusic It's an ongoing problem for some of us. I'm hoping an obvious one that is sorted out quickly. When you go ahead and 'buy' the expansion it tells you 'you've already bought this do you want to download it for free?' and when you say yes it downloads (something) for a few seconds, counts up to 100, and then when you click on the expansion pack it is still empty.

• @JohnnyGoodyear

Shit, I guess that's an ongoing problem for me too. Those expansion pack sounds are absolutely choice! I owned PC Synthmaster for a long time, so getting the Pro upgrade for $4.99 was a no-brainer. "EDM Stars Vol. 2" is something I can't wait to get since it has sounds from some of those recent Guetta tracks. Let's not forget Nori Ubukata's amazing sounds either. How much a piece do you think these expansions will be once KV331 gets everything together?

• I'm optimistic (as mentioned). But I think this might be the last one for a while....

• Not sure how well the scale function is working
    A minor with sharps?

• That is the ascending part of the A Melodic Minor scale.

• Which is 2 options further down in the menu

• Since the massive factory set has an entry price of $4.99, my guess is those Xpacks won't be available until after the intro deal, but since they have your email and are happy to let you hear the expansion demos, those will become available (probably at $4.99 a pop?) and they'll be happy to market the hell out of them to you after the sale ends. Pure speculation, but the fact the Factory (PRO) IAP is the only one listed in the App Store coupled with inability to purchase anything else right now suggests nothing else is available ... Yet. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Anyone else see this as the heir apparent to Alchemy-That-Was? Stripped-down interface, preset-driven, forthcoming expansion packs ...

• Is it not possible to purchase the extra sound packs at the moment? Not working for me, when I go to buy an expansion sound pack it asks me to confirm if I want to buy the pro upgrade instead (which I've already done!) I'm in the UK.

• No not possible at this moment. I get the same message.

• @Jomazz said:
    I only seem to have 100 presets after registering and the app crashes when I try to buy the IAP . I tried delete,reboot,reinstall but no luck.ipad air 1 IOS 7.12.Major letdown after the long wait...

Mini 2 with 7.1.2. Registers and downloads the extra 100 presets ok, but then falls over on the IAP with a shutdown, return to home screen crash. Soft reset and reinstall didn't help.

• @Egz said:
    No not possible at this moment. I get the same message.

Thanks for confirming!

• expansion packs are not approved by Apple yet, we assume they will be ready within 2 days. The prices are quite reasonable like 4.99, 7.99, 9.99 etc...

• edited May 2015

It also crashes on me when tying to purchase pro upgrade on ios 7.1.2

• I own the Everything bundle on my PC...unclear whether I need the Pro version to be able to access them for the iPad. Anyone know?

• It sounds great. I'm sold

• Well after all that fuss I have to say I'm a little disappointed. Maybe just anti climax after all the hype.

• Did anyone figure out how to set the latency (buffer size) when not running the synth in conjunction with another app that will dictate it (The buffer size setting in the meny is not for this purpose (RTFM :-) ))?