Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Animoog v2.2.4 update available!

** Update : v2.2.4 is now available! **

Hi everyone,

Earlier this week, we've submitted Animoog v2.2.4 to the iTunes store ... as soon as Apple approves it, the update will be available for everyone. Amongst a lot of other improvements, this fixes the problems with Audiobus on iOS8.

Thanks again for your patience!

Take care,

Geert Bevin,
Senior Software Engineer at Moog

FYI, here's a list of changes and fixes to look forward to:

• Stable support for iOS 8
  • Stable support for 64-bit devices
  • Revised timbres panel with categories (touch-hold timbre in category for preview)
  • Fixes for timbres showing up with domain name prefixes
  • Audiobus input slot compatibility fixes
  • Virtual Animoog MIDI ports are now always available even if no port is explicitly selected
  • Improved IAA instrument compatibility (IAA transport panel will be done for a future release)
  • Use with any buffer size from 128 to 4096 (256 being the intended size for all supported devices)
  • Fixes for restore purchase functionality
  • Improved in-app store layout and interaction
  • iTunes File Sharing access to timbres, presets and projects
  • Removed import/export preset from setup panel since iTunes File Sharing should cover all needs
  • Added timbre category list under 'random preset' to enable/disable categories to randomize timbres from
  • 4-track recorder fixes for loading clips, pasting clips and AudioPaste
  • 4-track project fixes for save/load/delete/share
  • 4-track now remains unlocked when not connected to network
  • Pitch bend range is now always saved with presets and correctly loads from presets when this option is active
  • Pitch and mod strips now light up with incoming MIDI
  • Hold button now more clearly show when it's active
  • Manual MIDI CC input now ensures only numbers can be entered
  • Keyboard scale selection now doesn't misbehave after selecting the whole tone scale
  • Preset panel is laid out more consistently
  • Resuming after interruptions from Siri now reactivates audio
  • Proper handling of large amounts of MIDI expression data, coming from alternative controllers
  • Updated built-in manual

Comments

• I m looking forward to that!
    Thanks all :-)

• YES, great!!!, thx

• Huge and great update. Thanks!

• Cool. With these updates and communication, my faith in Moog apps is being restored.

• Sounds very promising! Thanks.

• @1P18 said:
    Cool. With these updates and communication, my faith in Moog apps is being restored.

Agreed

• Thanks for the massive update.Hope you'll find the time to work on Landscape mode for Filtatron now ;)

• @Crabman said:
    Thanks for the massive update.Hope you'll find the time to work on Landscape mode for Filtatron now ;)

+1

thank you

• @Crabman said:
    Hope you'll find the time to work on Landscape mode for Filtatron now ;)

That's being beta tested at this very moment :-)

• @GeertBevin said:

yay,thanks a lot!

• Brilliant, thanks and great news that now timbres can now be accessed again :)

p.s Please make more apps, we all want more Moog ;)

• A virtual Moog Sub 37 would be nice, could be called Moog iSub since the iOS devices don't have any real keys :)

• Excellent!

• @Carnbot said:
    Brilliant, thanks and great news that now timbres can now be accessed again :)

Can they? Through iFunbox?

• Nope, officially accessible! OP said : "iTunes File Sharing access to timbres, presets and projects"

Thanks for this, Moog. I just hope the backwards compatibility is still good with iOS7

• @GeertBevin - Is this update for the iPad only version, or is the iPhone version being updated as well?

Btw - When I run the iPhone version on the iPad Air2 iOS 8.3.2, the load screen comes up then the program disappears. I have to open it multiple times before it decides to stay open.

Btw2 - Thanks for the sales, lately. I picked up the iPhone only version for $2 to fool around with and I'm enjoying the sound.

• @rocco said:
    GeertBevin - Is this update for the iPad only version, or is the iPhone version being updated as well?

This update is iPad only atm, we're working on the iPhone version right now, but that is still a few weeks out.

• @GeertBevin Great stuff. Thanks for the update and the update about the update....

• I shall be circumspect and wait until it lands, try it out and then comment - hopefully positively !

• edited May 2015

@GeertBevin - Previously I found that if you wanted to use midi cc's to move the lovely big "X_Y modulation" that is Animoog's centre piece, you had to have Animoog running in the foreground.

As soon as you switched it to playing in the background, the midi notes would keep resonding but the X-Y pad movement would stop happening, despite the fact you kept on sending midi ccs. If you switched Animoog back to the foreground then the x-y modulation would happen again.

Probably should have mentioned this earlier - but just wondered if that's something you'd caught / noticed....?

• I don't want to distract from the positivity and gratitude over today's update, this is a significant list of improvement, thanks!

...but I'll be overjoyed when either 1. the preset up/down buttons become MIDI cc assignable or 2. Animoog is updated to have some sort of MIDI program/ bank change function added. The first option would be a simple, easy update, right? ;-)

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    GeertBevin - Previously I found that if you wanted to use midi cc's to move the lovely big "X_Y modulation" that is Animoog's centre piece, you had to have Animoog running in the foreground.

As soon as you switched it to playing in the background, the midi notes would keep resonding but the X-Y pad movement would stop happening, despite the fact you kept on sending midi ccs. If you switched Animoog back to the foreground then the x-y modulation would happen again.

Probably should have mentioned this earlier - but just wondered if that's something you'd caught / noticed....?

Oh,good to know.I'm thinking to buy an Akai MPK mini II and it would be great to use the joystick even with Cubasis in foreground.

• Worth noting that MPK mini I I needs a powered hub but MPK mini I doesn't

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Worth noting that MPK mini I I needs a powered hub but MPK mini I doesn't

yes,i know (stupid akai...stupid) but afaik it does work even without powering the hub.Still not sure if i really need the joystick,otherwise it would be a no brainer...

• Thank god I'm going away this weekend, otherwise I'd be checking my updates constantly till all that goodness was mine, much appreciated!

• Wow. That's quite an update. Thank you!

iTunes File Sharing access to timbres, presets and projects

is just so epic. Can't wait.

• It does work with non-powered hub, i had one but sold and bought mpk225

@Crabman said:
    yes,i know (stupid akai...stupid) but afaik it does work even without powering the hub.Still not sure if i really need the joystick,otherwise it would be a no brainer...

• it's updated :)