Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Native Instruments: Coming soon...................................

Has anyone else heard about the upcoming keyboard and app platform that is coming soon?

I have been told some things but prior to cooperation of these details I don't want to start rumors.

I only spread them.........................

Secondary note, is Imaschine full of bugs and crashes these days?

Comments

• No, didn't hear anything. But what I was hoping when reading the thread title, was that Absynth was coming to iOS......bummer! :(

• edited May 2015

@Greg said:
    No, didn't hear anything. But what I was hoping when reading the thread title, was that Absynth was coming to iOS......bummer! :(

omg that would be so sick, and ni would not suck so bad if they did that

• Interesting, iMaschine has just been updated

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Interesting, iMaschine has just been updated

Didn't see it in the US store yet. Any cool new features?

• 'Bug fixes and performance enhancements' = the bare minimum.

• edited May 2015

@RustiK said:
    Has anyone else heard about the upcoming keyboard and app platform that is coming soon?

I have been told some things but prior to cooperation of these details I don't want to start rumors.

That would be awesome if the rumor was true. Komplete is a great. If they would just port over some more instruments to iOS. They should start with Absyth and Massive. Also if they could do like IK did with SampleTank and bring some of the Kontact sounds over to iOS.

• edited May 2015

Absynth

metaphysical function

• @kobamoto said:
    Absynth

metaphysical function

Will also make the tart grow blonder.

• edited May 2015

I've got that one, it came with Maschine. They also gave customers a free copy of Massive out of the blue as well, which was nice. I should really put down the iPad and revisit it sometime.

• Kontakt? Now there's a wish. It could be the best sampler on IOS. Intact,, anything from NI would be great.

• edited May 2015

@monzo said:
    I've got that one, it came with Maschine. They also gave customers a free copy of Massive out of the blue as well, which was nice. I should really put down the iPad and revisit it sometime.

metaphysical function came with maschine?????

• @kobamoto said:
    metaphysical function came with maschine?????

Yeah, it's part of the Reaktor bundle. Not sure if it's a cutdown version, but you can tweak all of the things.

I need to update my version of Maschine as it's a couple of years old now. Superb value for money.

• I've got Maschine but I never knew about it, as I haven't installed any of the stuff that came with it. Only use it for sampling but funnily enough I use metaphysical function elsewhere on the computer from a copy of electronic instruments xt which is kind of a group of stand alone apps that it's a part of, basically wrapped in a reaktor shell.

i wish ni would port it to ios

• @kobamoto said:
    I've got Maschine but I never knew about it, as I haven't installed any of the stuff that came with it. Only use it for sampling but funnily enough I use metaphysical function elsewhere on the computer from a copy of electronic instruments xt which is kind of a group of stand alone apps that it's a part of, basically wrapped in a reaktor shell.

i wish ni would port it to ios

You should download the extras - some good stuff in there.

• edited May 2015

How about an iOS of one of these N.I. ? I really miss it & am bored waiting on the Waldorf drum machine.

http://blog.dubspot.com/files/2010/08/native-instruments-battery1.jpg

• edited May 2015

@kobamoto
    @monzo

The new update to maschine (2.3) has just landed and joy of joys they have expanded the extras you get with it, altho I think that package is separate, I'm just hoping the automation gets an overhaul and the handling of long audio files gets looked at in the future.

MASSIVE - definitive synth for basses and leads

MONARK – iconic monophonic syntheisizer

THE GENTLEMAN– vintage upright piano

DRUMLAB – acoustic and electronic drums

REAKTOR PRISM – vibrant modal synth and effects

SCARBEE MARK I – classic electric piano

RETRO MACHINES – vintage analog synth and keyboards

VINTAGE ORGANS – five drawbar legends reborn

WEST AFRICA – polyrhythmic percussion and melodies

SOLID BUS COMP – versatile compressor effect

I would settle for reaktor on ios but a mini komplete, words couldn't describe my excitement, looking forward to what they announce and the inevitable disappointment after the announcement, I hope they surprise me though.

• edited May 2015

N.I. is a nice company. They often have nice free things like Prism Micro with 70 patches at the moment.
    I don't think we see these tools anytime soon on iOS. And who will download lots of GB via the app store (i also think there is a limit for apps). Reaktor on iPad? I don't think so. Maybe it has something to do with their new stems format which they announced for summer 2015 and DJing.
    Still no "pro" apps for iOS. Not with iOS, limited RAM and CPU. It could be also some kind of remote control apps which would make sense.....

• Is nice to dream about though @Cinebient, as I get a lot of use out of my ni stuffs, I'd settle for an old version of reaktor as I've grown to love it more than absynth, which I never thought would happen.

• @mister_rz said:
    kobamoto
    monzo

The new update to maschine (2.3) has just landed and joy of joys they have expanded the extras you get with it, altho I think that package is separate, I'm just hoping the automation gets an overhaul and the handling of long audio files gets looked at in the future.

MASSIVE - definitive synth for basses and leads

MONARK – iconic monophonic syntheisizer

THE GENTLEMAN– vintage upright piano

DRUMLAB – acoustic and electronic drums

REAKTOR PRISM – vibrant modal synth and effects

SCARBEE MARK I – classic electric piano

RETRO MACHINES – vintage analog synth and keyboards

VINTAGE ORGANS – five drawbar legends reborn

WEST AFRICA – polyrhythmic percussion and melodies

SOLID BUS COMP – versatile compressor effect

I would settle for reaktor on ios but a mini komplete, words couldn't describe my excitement, looking forward to what they announce and the inevitable disappointment after the announcement, I hope they surprise me though.

The new pieces are sweet as shit.

• @mister_rz said:
    Is nice to dream about though Cinebient, as I get a lot of use out of my ni stuffs, I'd settle for an old version of reaktor as I've grown to love it more than absynth, which I never thought would happen.

Yep, i have some of their stuff and third party tools which i like (not the UI). Maybe i should have bought just Komplete 9 Ultimate when it was 50% off before 10 was released and i would have enough tools for my lifetime to explore ;) This package is really a huge bang for the buck. I also could imagine to create my own dream synth with the full Reaktor. But their hardware is too expensive for me.

• @RustiK

Hahaha I'm trying to work out if you meant that in a good way or in a prisoner of war, things you have to do to survive type of way, but it is pretty amazing the stuff you get with maschine now, I've just started to use it as a daw, find it a massive pita, but like the results.

• @mister_rz said:

The new update to maschine (2.3) has just landed and joy of joys they have expanded the extras you get with it,

Thanks for the info - think I need to get updating....

@Cinebient said:
    N.I. is a nice company.

I've always been impressed with the quality and price of their hardware and software, and they made a fan for life when they gave me a copy if Massive for free.

• I love things like Kinetic Metal. Very unique.

• @Cinebient

Just wait until komplete 11 is nearly ready to drop to get ultimate, they usually sell the last version really cheap just before the new one hits, also found they do a sale of all the maschine expansions from the year in december, missed it last year as I had my eye on other plugins, year before I nabbed 10 for the price of two.

@monzo

My only criticism of ni is they're like apple when it comes to os software support and needing the new versions, one of the main reasons I'll dual boot on my mac was getting updates for traktor and reaktor, now I have little space left:(

• @mister_rz said:
    Cinebient

Just wait until komplete 11 is nearly ready to drop to get ultimate, they usually sell the last version really cheap just before the new one hits, also found they do a sale of all the maschine expansions from the year in december, missed it last year as I had my eye on other plugins, year before I nabbed 10 for the price of two.

I really think about it!

• to me they are like retronyms in both pros and cons, quite talented and very headachey

• @mister_rz said:
    monzo

My only criticism of ni is they're like apple when it comes to os software support and needing the new versions, one of the main reasons I'll dual boot on my mac was getting updates for traktor and reaktor, now I have little space left:(

Yeah it's pretty disk intensive, and good job I've got an unlimited broadband account.

• I wouldn't mind an IOS version of Massive, but watch it be GUITAR RIG!!

• If they ported the reaktor engine to iOS we will soon be pooping and broke.