Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Amplitube 4 for iOS

Does it mean a new app? There's no information about this issue.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ikmultimedia/status/597916363668254720

Sent from my iPhone

Comments

• mmpmmp
    edited May 2015

A lot has been happening in the amp sim world over the past year or so, what with BIAS AMPS + FX, Tonestack and a couple of great smaller ones like Flying Haggis and Amp One, Amplitube appeared to be stuck in the doldrums...

It will be interesting to see if and how IKMultimedia are going to up the ante....

• edited May 2015

Amplitube ipad/iPhone versions went free today (don't know if it's a temp thing or permanent change)

Edit: just noticed its already mentioned below

• It is a huge update, we'll elaborate on some of the reasons as we approach release. It is also an update (not a completely new app) so those interested should definitely pick up the full versions of AmpliTube that are free before they are no longer being given away.

Oh and I believe someone had asked whether it was iOS 8 only and I can assure we are not going that route with AmpliTube 4 for iOS

• @ikmultimedia said:
    It is a huge update, we'll elaborate on some of the reasons as we approach release. It is also an update (not a completely new app) so those interested should definitely pick up the full versions of AmpliTube that are free before they are no longer being given away.

Oh and I believe someone had asked whether it was iOS 8 only and I can assure we are not going that route with AmpliTube 4 for iOS

Awesome. Surprising honestly. Good on ya.

• I appreciate the openness as well!

• Timeline?

• @Don said:
    Timeline?

May. We cannot control the review process, as you all know, but we're on track :)

• Just to give a quick rundown, we've shown some of the upcoming features and just showed a major update coming. There is the redesigned UI and gear browsing/selection of course, as well as AmpliTube 4 for iOS using the exact same algorithms from the desktop version of AmplITube, post-amp effect slots, and now a completely overhauled cabinet section (also using our desktop VRM™ technology) with 3D positioning of microphones.

• @ikmultimedia said:
    Just to give a quick rundown, we've shown some of the upcoming features and just showed a major update coming. There is the redesigned UI and gear browsing/selection of course, as well as AmpliTube 4 for iOS using the exact same algorithms from the desktop version of AmplITube, post-amp effect slots, and now a completely overhauled cabinet section (also using our desktop VRM™ technology) with 3D positioning of microphones.

Sounds great! Can't wait to check out the updates!

• Thanks! We posted a photo of the new cab section with 3D mic positioning (and 2 mics at a time) which also uses the desktop algorithms so it sounds pretty killer.

• @ikmultimedia said:
    Thanks! We posted a photo of the new cab section with 3D mic positioning (and 2 mics at a time) which also uses the desktop algorithms so it sounds pretty killer.

Looks very nice.

• Ver 4 is now in the US appstore.

• its also in Canadian, got it

• I am quite sure that before once you purchase their Orange App you used to be able to use it in Amplitude , but i notice in this version you can't , also in studio view play head follow is a must.

• Tested it against Bias FX and the quality is good. Still doesn't reach high volume like Bias though. But honestly it's just too expensive with all the IAP's. I'm sticking with Bias FX

• Nadav said: Honestly it's just too expensive with all the IAP's.

+1

In fact there is SO much IAP in this app that everywhere I touch the screen I'm asked to buy something :(

Perhaps they should sell a "real Amplitube" bundle, at a higher price if they want, that would let us really use the app... Like the Tonestack's Motherload.

As it is now, this app will sleep in a lost folder for a long time I think :D

• edited May 2015

@Gratouilli

They do sell bundles . . . but it's 99,99 for everything pre version 4 plus 19,99 for the version 4 features. Optimistic pricing for an app that has high quality competition . . .

• @nick said: They do sell bundles . . . but it's 99,99 for everything pre version 4 plus 19,99 for the version 4 features. Optimistic pricing for an app that has high quality competition...

Yes, I can see that they sell bundles, but these bundles should be simplier : "All pedals effects" for XX € or "All amps" or an "All access", etc. like we have in JampUp for exemple too...

Also, in the description, they say "11 pedals", but I can only see 10 in the app.

• @Gratouilli. They used to make you register the app to unlock a distortion box. Not sure if that's the missing pedal or not. I think the dual mic and mic locker features are too steep as well. Still looking forward to testing it.

• @supanorton said: They used to make you register the app to unlock a distortion box. Not sure if that's the missing pedal or not.

Ah... Ok.. Thanks, You're right : I've just registered the app and obtained directly the distortion pedal ;)

• @djjuniorpops said:
    I am quite sure that before once you purchase their Orange App you used to be able to use it in Amplitude , but i notice in this version you can't , also in studio view play head follow is a must.

That was my thought at 1st as well. but after re-registering it and the orange version to my account they were available.

• mmpmmp
    edited May 2015

I think it does sound very direct, and certainly much better than before, with very little latency. Will have to get more used to it before comparing to BIAS or Tonestack, though.

I can hear slight glitches in the Wah (auto setting) and Envelope Filter pedals, sounds like looping or delay, in higher notes.

Earlier purchases, Fender and Vocalive, installed automatically, Distortion pedal upon registering.

Haven't purchased the dual mic positioning IAP yet but seriously thinking about doing so. Judging by the demo video it can make a lot of difference:

AB working fine, with proper display of the control strip.

Air2, 8.3

• The looper looks pretty, um, Loopy-ish?

• Except the price.

• Congrats to IK! They actually found a way to make it more annoying than the original pop ups! sweet!! Now everything you touch gives a pop up. Delete!

• Look at the bright side, they've closed the gap between iOS and desktop pricing. I don't dislike ik's products, but their marketing gets really overbearing when the quality of their apps can speak for themselves.

• @djjuniorpops said:
    I am quite sure that before once you purchase their Orange App you used to be able to use it in Amplitude , but i notice in this version you can't , also in studio view play head follow is a must.

You should have been assisted by support by now, this is not a global issue (thankfully)

• edited May 2015

Edit - dupe, sorry I hadn't seen some comments :)

• Agreed, mrufino1. I bought a 99 dollar irig keys and got in on a free deal for 4 vst instruments and they are awesome! Best deal ever, and nothing ever pops up.