Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Synthmaster video: Preview: KV331 Audio Synthmaster Player IOS

Comments

• Nice!
    $10 bucks, sounds fair. Thanks!

• Looking forward to the release. Hope it's soon?

• edited May 2015

The desktop version is probably the best "all around" synth available. I wonder what kind of quality level they achieved with the app. On the desktop you have 4 levels (draft to very high), usually the draft quality is good enough actually (altho on some sounds it can change the timbre completely, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, depending on what sound ur after). I actually used one of the pads in one of the Rob Lee EDM banks to stress test my CPU on the daw I built during the winter, very CPU intensive massive supersaw-ish pad which sank one CPU core per every 4-5 notes at the highest setting. Scaling back to the lowest quality drastically reduces CPU usage, but a lot of of times with minimum affect on the sound (like no antialiasing). Mind you, this is no rubbish al'a serum which just kills your CPU for no reason, everything is so well optimized in this.

I have to say tho that the keyboard really needs work. It needs to be resizable. The above keyboard is almost useless from the looks of it. Needs smaller keys option, blades with scales is a good addition as well. Use some of the space on the left where the wheels are, that space could be shrunk down in size a lot.

Speaking of optimized VSTi's...I heard Lennar might be interested in getting their Sylenth to iOS. We'll see I guess (I could've misread him)..

• edited May 2015

This is ios however not PC and looks like fun. Using a midi key bed with this for sure so key size will not matter. It may or may not be resizable however we will know soon enough. It does have scales you can use and it should be great there also, I am looking forward to trying some of them in fact.

• Yep Serum can stress the best CPU, but it's usually down to unison and/or release times, wonder if I'll be able to use my Architecture Wavetables in the mobile version of SynthMaster that I use in the Desktop version?

• edited May 2015

@Tritonman It is a port of the SynthMaster Player VSTi. I asked the dev about resizable keys, and that would be something for a future update. So unless he and I misunderstood each other, yea you'll, unfortunately, need an external keyboard to make use of this (until a resizable keyboard becomes available).

It's preset compat with the VSTi, any preset you make on the full version VSTi will work in this version.

• What is the date again??

How about the Waldorf new one, anyone know the date on that?

• edited May 2015

@RustiK said:
    What is the date again??

How about the Waldorf new one, anyone know the date on that?

SynthMaster hopefully this week, or beginning of next, depending on Apples review teams.

Waldorf, the latest intel I know of is Stefan Stenzel from Waldorf saying around 2-3 weeks back at the Musikmesse. I know Beta 1 was sent out shortly after.

• @ChrisG said:

Cool deal.
    I appreciate it.

Any idea if it is IOS8 only?

I was kind of bummed about Zed.

I am on IOS7

• No idea :/

• edited May 2015

System Requirements

Minimum Operating System Supported: iOS 7.0

Minimum Hardware Supported: iPad 3rd Generation

Recommended Hardware: iPad Air and above

Source: http://www.kv331audio.com/synthmasterplayerios.aspx

• @Yendor said:
    System Requirements

Boo yah!

• @ChrisG said:

Speaking of optimized VSTi's...I heard Lennar might be interested in getting their Sylenth to iOS. We'll see I guess (I could've misread him)..

Sylenth would be perfect! lets all drop them an email :), with Sugar Bytes releasing Cyclop recently I'm really excited to see which other big companies take the plunge for ios support. Once Auria Pro is released I'm comfortable in ditching the desktop setup, weird as it sounds I enjoy working with the slight limitations currently with ios, brings me back to the old days.

• Copied from discchord's site:

1) Pro Upgrade (Factory Presets) will be at the introductory price of $4.99 (50% OFF) until July 1st.

2) Expansions will be released through May. Their prices will be 1/3 of their desktop prices.

3) Users who purchase expansion purchases through the AppStore will receive 50% credit towards purchasing SynthMaster desktop expansions.

/Bulent Biyikoglu (dev)

• @Monoboy said:
    Sylenth would be perfect! lets all drop them an email :), with Sugar Bytes releasing Cyclop recently I'm really excited to see which other big companies take the plunge for ios support. Once Auria Pro is released I'm comfortable in ditching the desktop setup, weird as it sounds I enjoy working with the slight limitations currently with ios, brings me back to the old days.

Yea exciting times indeed :)

I'm not where I can completely ditch the desktop yet though, probably never will be, but who knows. When Apple makes it possible for devs to have their instruments/effects act as proper AU/VST units, without any hassle, and DAW devs being able to implement it without any hassle on their end, that will be a huge step forward.

• @Tritonman said:
    This is ios however not PC and looks like fun.

Not PC ? It has VST/AU/AAX plugin version as well.

Bulent

• @kv331audio said:

Get back working on 2.7 now mister! I want zzeee new lovelies on my puter screen naow :)

• edited May 2015

Eeeh I dunno what that was..

(Could be the shrooms I had for dinner, solly:(

• Is there a chance you guys could emulate hardware synths patches someday?
    I especially loved my Korg Trinity patches. I have some as soundfonts but its not the same.

@kv331audio said:

• @Yendor said:
    System Requirements

This is a questionable word: "recommended". I'll be in when I'm sure it runs properly on iPad4.

• @kv331audio said:

Will the IOS purchase allow any VST/plug in access as found with Camel audio Alchemy?

uggg......probably not the best business model

• edited May 2015

Yes exactly, looking forward to getting this soon on iOS not vst ect. Thought I should be more clear.

• @RustiK said:
    uggg......probably not the best business model

I don't understand what you mean ?

Existing Synthmaster users won't purchase their existing preset banks on iOS again. Once they complete the pro upgrade they will be able to download their previosly purchased banks inside the app.

• I think he meant the business model that camel used, meaning they disappeared.

I beta tested synth master a long time ago when you were first writing it for protools only. You do a great job and I know a lot of people are looking forward to this app. The samples have sounded great.

• Pretty good business model in the sense that Apple made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

• It i s getting so close ! I can almost (touch) it!

• Three major apps I can't wait to have:
    Synthmaster
    Midiband
    Auria Pro

• Don't forget Waldorf Attack.

• For anybody who want's a cut-down older version of the desktop SynthMaster, called SynthMaster CM, Computer Music is free today with the voucher code 'VIP04', look inside it tells you how to get your downloads

• Don't forget Geo Shred and Waldorf Attack!