Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any other cool apps like Impaktor that can be triggered by voice or touch?

I only know of Imitone but maybe there are more. On that note is anyone using Imitone? I like the concept but it's $60 for the pro version and it's still in beta...

Comments

• Samvada! Its the opposite of impaktor . Indian music related, with sympathetic strings and stuff . Free too.
    Never heard of your app? crazy. I know there are one or 2 more like impaktor and all guitar midi apps would work with mic input, but may work bad.

• If you spend a little time with Samvada and tune it to your song, it's just shy of magic.

• psssst, ThumbJam....

• @sonosaurus said:
    psssst, ThumbJam....

:-)

Didn't know that feature existed. Absolutely brilliant.

• edited April 2015

Cool stuff, didn't know that about Thumbjam either, is there a video showing the feature or is it dead simple? Does it work with perc like Impaktor? If so could be great alternative. :)

• edited April 2015

@musikmachine. Push the button to the left of the Loop button in the upper right hand corner (icon with microphone and notes). Doesn't seem to respond to tapping. But it did responding to whistling. :-)

• Yeah, it's not a percussive thing, it's a pitch tracking thing, although you can trigger drum instruments by voicing different pitches. The feature is more useful with pitched instruments though. I should definitely make an official tutorial video of it though (along with a lot more up to date ones).

• Orphion. Michael was playing us som stuff in the google hangout.

• @ecamburn thanks. it does sound like a viable working alternative to imitone. Guess there can be only one Impaktor!

@sonosaurus thanks will look around for some demos on't tube. :)

@johnfromberkeley had no idea about Orphion, cheers!