Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tera synth updated.

Sharing sound presets via email, midi out to use arp with external apps, open recordings in other apps via document interchange, and Bluetooth audio.

Comments

• Arp with external apps sounds good...Bye Thesys...

• The first iOS synth I bought. I'd put it on the must have list though you do have to learn synthesis sound design.

• audiobus issues fixed as well. all good :)

• @Tritonman said:
    midi out to use arp with external apps,

That sounds good - hope they do this with their other apps.

• Awesome! Who wants to send me some presets! ;)

• @High5denied said:
    Awesome! Who wants to send me some presets! ;)

Happy to, just post your email address. ;P

• Awesome update. Already tried the arp with Nave, Thor and Z3TA and all worked great. Always loved the randomise feature for the arps in the Virsyn apps but not a lot of the sounds so this is perfect.

• Yeah I think the randomize (and arp in genera) feature of Virsyn apps are among the best. Great update feature. Tera has grown to become one of my favourite all around synths. Great evolving pads, nice bass sounds, some great leads... Love it

• I really like the virsyn arps so that's great news.

• I wonder if that feature will be added to the other synths. I'm afraid not. :(

• Apologies for bumping an old update thread, but I'm having an issue with Tera and wonder if it came about with this last update.

I'm on ios7 and my random preset dice has ceased to have effect.

The dice in arp mode work still.

Has anyone else found this?

Thanks

• Is anyone getting yellow circle when selecting knobs? IOS8.2

• edited May 2015

Thanks for checking Flo.

M4C ...sounds like you've got midi learn enabled. Turn on/off with midi logo bottom left.

EDIT: Located reason for randomize not working. I was in the 'OTHERS' preset folder and, bizarrely it won't work there. Everywhere else is fine.

• Wow man this Synth is Huge!!!!
    Just created some incredible patches. I am really amazed at the sonic power of this synth.

Indeed, I was in midi learn. I love midi learn with this synthesizer.
    I believe this is a must have synth man.

• I think it may be my favourite synth app - I've got most of the big ones. The arp is certainly the best I think - just wish it synced with midi clock. Strange it doesn't - as Addictives arp syncs. (Dont really like Addictive that much personally).

• This is my only synth I can't get to work with SoundPrisim Electro. :(

• edited May 2015

Tera is awesome. It's the best iOS synth (after Mitosynth because i love hybrid synth). it has the most juice, the fastes LFO, MSEG and for some reason it sound better for my ears than the big Tera 3 desktop version. Especially in the low end Tera is a beast (it's even better for me then Cyclop). Also the enevelopes are very snappy and fast and it's also very useful for percussive sounds. Most other synth are pretty lame here. This is also a good exampel where i like the iOS version much more even when the desktop version has far more features. The desktop UI is horror and the sound is more harsh for me (could be because i just use the demo which fade the sound in/out every few seconds). I mean i love all Virsyn synth apps. Addictive is one of my all time favourite since it has some of the best patches in my whole iOS library (custom made patches). If they now would allow sample import like in Tera 3..... that could make it the one killer iOS synth for me. I just wish they would put some energy in high dpi UI for their desktop tools too. However, i might buy it with their next 99€ sale (mostly 2 times in a year) because i'm a fan of Virsyn.
    MIDI is a bit of pain for me with some other apps.

• Tera has really nice low end! So true, i noticed that today while making some patches. I'm trying to make some good String pads and warm pads for playing at church. I like so far the stuff I've come up with the dice. Really awesome presets it's capable of producing.

• edited May 2015

I just wish i don't have to scroll scroll scroll for every little edit.And if you tap quickly somewhere (to scroll...) every second time i hit a popup menu by accident.As much as i love the sound...i HATE to build something with it :(

The solution would be so easy:make more single pages (OSCs,Filters etc) with a dedicated button (like FX or Arp).That's pretty much standard on iOS for complex synths,don't know why he ignored it here.

• edited May 2015

Is there still a way you can import presets from the web? iFunbox only has access to the filesharing folder now and it looks as though Tera keeps it in another folder.
    I also find when I press the export icon I get booted off to homescreen... dice working for me though 8.3

• @crabman I totally agree. Love the synth, but would be happy if they stole liberally from the Thor GUI, which I think is one of the best on iOS. The collapsible sections, which expose only the most important controls, make for a very efficient use of space. Tera could really benefit from this.

• @High5denied I was able to play Tera Synth with SP Electro by setting the midi in to omni and making sure running in the background was turned on. You can long hold on a control to enable midi learn to map it to the filter control in SP Electro.

• @Paulinko said:
    High5denied I was able to play Tera Synth with SP Electro by setting the midi in to omni and making sure running in the background was turned on. You can long hold on a control to enable midi learn to map it to the filter control in SP Electro.

Excellent! Thanks for the info! Will try it out.

• @Paulinko said:
    High5denied I was able to play Tera Synth with SP Electro by setting the midi in to omni and making sure running in the background was turned on. You can long hold on a control to enable midi learn to map it to the filter control in SP Electro.

Hmmm. That looks like an hour in my Trello has just been filled in for today....thanks.

• Stop talking about tera synth! I've managed to resist so far...I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it... ;-)

• @mrufino1 Trouble is, it's pretty good. And even better than that when you don't own it yet :) I'm still cursing the person who mentioned how much they like ZED synth as it's one of the few on the list (yep, I have a list) of possible players i chose NOT to buy. It calls to me in a way that many of those which remain bought but largely unopened on my iPad ever seem to do....

• edited May 2015

Zed Synth is extremely cool and probably the most underrated synth on iOS, imnsho. I really love their integration of live audio into the synthesis engine. Lots of very cool results.

In fact, how @crabman was lamenting the scrolling requirements of Tera Synth (I share this complaint), I was thinking that Zed Synth has a great solution to that problem (the layout is similar to Tera Synth, different features but same workflow idea).

I love the envelopes on Tera Synth. Their layout for it is sensible and their rhythmic templates are useful.

edit: And I 2nd the request for sample import into Tera Synth's iOS port. That would be awesome!

• @CalCutta OK. Well, that's ten dollars my kid's college fund is never now going to see :)

• edited May 2015

Go busking on Town Lake bridge and you'll make that back and a surplus in an hour ;)

edit: Sorry, Lady Bird Lake Bridge

• BKGD AUDIO is really hidden away . Only appears above keyboard when focus is on the FX page , I just noticed.