Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Making music book from Ableton now on Kindle and iBooks.

Don't know if anyone knows about it but it's book with creative strategies for electronic music written by Dennis DeSantis who wrote the ableton manual, great read btw. :P

It's got some really interesting strategies for getting out of creative blocks, stuff you might already know of like subtractive arrangement but others i didn't such as hocketing. Anyway check it out! https://makingmusic.ableton.com/

Comments

• Bought!

• Cool. I was waiting for the mobile version.

• Yep me too. :)

• Never really understood books like this. I thought the whole point was to create, not be told how to create. Then again one of the most well regarded DAWs, Logic Pro, now has drummers that drum for you.

Hey look, I mades a song in a pre-established genre all by reading a recipe and pressing a few buttons. I'm so creative.

• It's creative strategies not how-to's and it's there for when problems arise during the creative process, kinda like oblique strategies.

For example exposition, climax and denouement which is used in films is used a lot in music and DJs use it to develop sets.

It's a good way to approach song structure.

• @1P18 said:
    Never really understood books like this. I thought the whole point was to create, not be told how to create. Then again one of the most well regarded DAWs, Logic Pro, now has drummers that drum for you.

Hey look, I mades a song in a pre-established genre all by reading a recipe and pressing a few buttons. I'm so creative.

Cool story bro'. Has nothing to do with this book, but whatever....

• It's not a cookbook. It's more like a practice manual. Artists working in other disciplines can get insight from it. If you read the free samples online, the book openly contradicts itself, which is healthy!

• @1P18 said:
    Then again one of the most well regarded DAWs, Logic Pro, now has drummers that drum for you.

>

When I record with my original project, we have an excellent drummer who drums for us. We talk about feel, etc, then he comes up with a part that works perfectly. I don't feel less creative because I didn't write his part out for him. And when he comes up with something different than we may have thought originally, maybe it makes the song go in a different direction. Logic 's drummer could surprise that way too and take you in new directions.

And, for songwriting, logic drummer's little brother in GarageBand has been a very valuable tool for us. Enhances my creativity immensely.

If the book helps some people, then that's great. For what it's worth too, if you're getting into the electronic world, following a tutorial to make a standard version of some style can be very helpful to learn how things are done. Just like learning traditional theory. Learn the rules, then break them when appropriate.