Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Genome: Setting it up in Audiobus

I am not having luck. It appears that latency is the issue more than timing.

The Genome site recommended "high" setting for latency. I don't even have a high button on my Genome.

If you don't have a solution that is cool, I just want to know if I am alone on this island of failure.

Thanks in advance.

IOS7 / AIR

Comments

• It's working for me using speaker as output. iOS 7.1.2, Audiobus 2.1.5 at 256 frames.
    Are you getting any sound? Using the synth requires a couple button presses to work, or are you running it to another app?

For me, the Genome update has been fantastic. The simple addition of the metronome helps me lay down the first track, and having each block play the longest pattern has simplified things. I'm using Thumbjam as both the midi input and sound output for Genome, and Audiobus for the play/stop button. I'm looking forward to Auria with midi, but I'm thinking Genome will still have it's place as a sequencer sketchpad.

• edited April 2015

Just got Genome sequencer. Really like it:-)

Very interesting, as it can play 16 midi channels and variation of clips.

There is a drum machine and a synth, but no presets to either...?...or I didn't find it?

Is Magelan JR compatible with it?

• There are presets for both. Just use the up arrow to load them.

• Thanks Russ, will do...Are you using Genome sometimes?
    Alchemy works great...
    So far I didn't find any drum machines that can be triggered with Genome...they sync, but can't play notes, except Alchemy....

• Yeah..no problem with DrumStudio, Drum Perfect, or Drums XD.

• edited April 2015

Thanks;-)
    DrumStudio looks great and affordable

• @Osidenick said:
    It's working for me using speaker as output. iOS 7.1.2, Audiobus 2.1.5 at 256 frames.
    Are you getting any sound? Using the synth requires a couple button presses to work, or are you running it to another app?

For me, the Genome update has been fantastic. The simple addition of the metronome helps me lay down the first track, and having each block play the longest pattern has simplified things. I'm using Thumbjam as both the midi input and sound output for Genome, and Audiobus for the play/stop button. I'm looking forward to Auria with midi, but I'm thinking Genome will still have it's place as a sequencer sketchpad.

You know I got it working. I think the issue FOR ME is that I was putting to much weight on the appearance of the player linin up with notes on piano roll. But, it appears it runs fine timing wise.

I was just overly concerned with the visual calibration. I guess it is just more the small size with the high BPM that make the piano roll player appear out of sync slightly. But, the sound is syncing well.

• Which APPS have people found work well?

(I know of a few but would like to put a list together)
    (I know White Noise has some stuff online, but, it is really limited.)

• Hey, I just got it yesterday, but what I tried was animoog, Magellan - both of them, iSem, nLog pro and few drum machines, most drum machines worked well in sync but I couldn't sequence them...I thought DD would do it...

I had also some midi leaks from apps that were not active on that channel but still played...
    But I chuck it on my noobness...

Got to do some more experimenting especially with apps that have midi learn to tweak filters or whatever...
    Definitively a great sequencer...

• DD wouldn't sync?

• edited April 2015

@funjunkie27 said:
    DD wouldn't sync?

Sorry for confusing reply, DD syncs perfectly.

most drum machines I tried synced, the only problem I had is that I can't use any Drum machine as a "sampler", and write or sequence drum patterns into GMS...

DrumStudio works OK, but can only play single notes/hits and sometimes not even that.
    I think that drum machines that can't be sequenced like a synth are useless in a MIDI sequencer...

WOW...ELASTIC DRUMS!!!!! They work as a sampler...Thank you Oliver....great update plus records tweaks...BUT there is no midi channel to choose from....?...so it plays on all 16 channels...

• Looking closer, I see what you're saying about DrumStudio. I'm not clear on why it misses notes with Genome. It doesn't appear to miss them with DD driving it.

• Thanks for trying Ross, at least I know I'm not crazy..

I found another drum machine that works absolutely excellent.
    BEAT-MACHINE...it reached top of my hit parade, currently #-1

I played with it and got nothing on midi ch.10, so tried others and works fine on ch. 1
    Tried with Magelan Jr. On ch 4
    Great

• Yes....I like Drum Machine, but I didn't get a chance to test it with Genome.