Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stackables iphone/ipad free this weekend

Not a music app, but good for doing track artwork and other creations, worth grabbing the ipad and iphone version if you have both devices and that type of multilayered filter artwork appeals to you, also hipstamatic is doing three lenses and two films free this weekend too.

Comments

• Was in two minds about posting it, but found the ipad version quite inspiring, was just about to pay for the iphone version too, so glad this popped up, hope it proves useful for you flo.

• Cheers @mister_rz - nabbed this for the iPad.

• I've been going through the preset formulas, hitting edit just to learn how all the elements combine, the ones with the iaps can be annoying when you haven't got the packs, find the options for layering really good altho I have a tendency to overdo stuff. Great app for experimenting, so it should be right up your street monzo, altho now I've typed that, you'll probably use it and go this is sheet:)

• edited April 2015

@mister_rz said:
    I've been going through the preset formulas, hitting edit just to learn how all the elements combine, the ones with the iaps can be annoying when you haven't got the packs, find the options for layering really good altho I have a tendency to overdo stuff. Great app for experimenting, so it should be right up your street monzo, altho now I've typed that, you'll probably use it and go this is sheet:)

It's not bad - I'd like to be able to add my own photos as layers and change the blending options but the textures are good :) I've got a nice app on the phone for this sort if thing called Diana - lets you merge two photos via different blending filters - that one's good fun.

• One thing I'd always wanted in this app was using my own images as textures, some stuff I discovered recently was the selections with the two arrows facing in opposite directions have a few different options when you press them again and the little rotation button on the bottom right, just wish I could change the radius of the blurs and vignettes.

I usually use superimpose for blending stuff together on the fly, but as I'm an app fiend, when I searched for diana I already had it but not on device, so I'll give it a whirl, looks like it has a few things superimpose doesn't. Btw there are basic blending options like overlay and stuff at the bottom of the selections just incase you missed it.

• thanks @mister_rz, nice app!

• @mister_rz said:
    One thing I'd always wanted in this app was using my own images as textures, some stuff I discovered recently was the selections with the two arrows facing in opposite directions have a few different options when you press them again and the little rotation button on the bottom right, just wish I could change the radius of the blurs and vignettes.

I usually use superimpose for blending stuff together on the fly, but as I'm an app fiend, when I searched for diana I already had it but not on device, so I'll give it a whirl, looks like it has a few things superimpose doesn't. Btw there are basic blending options like overlay and stuff at the bottom of the selections just incase you missed it.

Thanks for the tips!

• No probs you's two, hope you make some things of much greatness with it.

• I really like this app since day one